Bleeding during pregnancy (mild or spotting) is a common occurrence during the first trimester. Bleeding during the first trimester may be due to implantation, miscarriage, hormonal changes, sexual intercourse or ectopic pregnancy. When bleeding is heavy, or accompanied by other symptoms like cramping in the lower abdomen, these are signs of danger, and need to be treated as an emergency.
HOW IS BLEEDING DURING PREGNANCY DIAGNOSED?
A gynaecologists performs an ultrasound scan to determine the cause of bleeding during pregnancy
HOW IS BLEEDING DURING PREGNANCY TREATED?
Based on diagnosis the following treatments are used:
1. Medications in case the fetus is safe
2. Removal of the embryo in case of ectopic pregnancy to save the mother
3. Premature delivery in case of third trimester bleeding
4. Exercises are advised to keep a healthy regimen during pregnancy
DID YOU KNOW?
Mild cases of spotting and bleeding are common during pregnancy which are not harmful. However, heavy bleeding should be considered serious and requires immediate medical help. It could lead to miscarriage or something severe.
Am I Pregnant?
If you've been wondering “Am I pregnant?” of late the only way to come to a decision is to take a test to determine whether your supposed pregnancy symptoms are in fact first signs of pregnant women. Besides the test, some early signs of pregnancy might encourage your maternal aspirations like:
• An ache in the abdomen is a pregnancy symptom.
• Itchiness in the abdomen signifies pregnancy symptoms.
• Increased appetite is also counted among pregnancy symptoms.
• Bloodshot eyes also count among pregnancy symptoms.
• Nausea or rather what is termed as morning sickness is the classical early signs of pregnancy and is counted amongst the first signs of pregnant women.
• Cervical dilation also manifests itself as pregnancy symptoms.
• Erosion of the cervix is also among pregnancy symptoms.
• Chloasma also counts among one of the pregnancy symptoms.
• Clumsiness is amongst yet other pregnancy symptoms.
• Swollen feet may also be amongst pregnancy symptoms.
• Swollen ankles are also said to be among first signs of pregnancy.
• Some might even experience extra energy as pregnancy symptoms.
• Urinary incontinence is also pregnancy symptoms.
• Increased size of feet may sometimes occur as pregnancy symptoms.
• Food cravings increase as a result of pregnancy symptoms.
• Pregnancy symptoms may also manifest themselves as food aversions.
• Forgetfulness is also taken as amongst first signs of pregnant women.
• Production of intestinal gas also occurs as pregnancy symptoms.
• Bleeding gums too may be the result of pregnancy symptoms.
Things to Watch Out for During Pregnancy
Pay heed to these signs if you have early signs of pregnancy:
• Swelling of the face is a symptom that indicates that there is something wrong with your early signs of pregnancy.
• Swelling of feet too should be treated with care by women showing pregnancy symptoms
• Fingers swelling too is a cause of worry for women who show pregnancy symptoms.
• Chills are the cause of worry to women with pregnancy symptoms.
• If the woman with pregnancy symptoms displays acute intolerance to foods, that is also a cause of worry.
• Intolerance towards liquids are also early signs of pregnancy one should be aware of.
• Convulsions in muscles are also bad symptoms in women with early signs of pregnancy.
• Prolonged contractions are also a source of worry for women with early signs of pregnancy.
• Unusual rashes should be kept on a watch by women with early signs of pregnancy.
• High fever should be approached with caution by women showing early signs of pregnancy.
• Pressure on your pelvis is another potentially dangerous sign for those with early signs of pregnancy.
• Dimming of vision should also ring the warning bells among women with early signs of pregnancy.
• Calf pain or leg cramps that refuse to go are should alert women with early signs of pregnancy.
If motherhood doesn't appeal to you at the moment you can adopt pregnancy prevention measures among which condoms your safest option for avoiding the question- “Am I pregnant”. Birth control pills are another pregnancy prevention measure.
Benefits of Pregnancy Calculator
• With the pregnancy calculator, you know when to expect your baby
• Pregnancy calculator also helps in effective immunization of the mother.
Why Observe Pregnancy Week by Week
Observing pregnancy week by week lets us prevent antenatal bleeding. Antenatal bleeding may signify miscarriage.
Lybrate is the best reference for obstetrician and gynaecologists across India, in Ludhiana, Mohali, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai etc. Prevent miscarriages by watching pregnancy week by week and avoid antenatal bleeding.
You can consult doctors online for Bleeding During Pregnancy from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Adarsh Nagar, AIIMS, Alipur, Anand Parbat, Anand Vihar, Ashok Vihar and in any other locality in Delhi.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Gol Market, Delhi for Bleeding During Pregnancy. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.