Doctors in Delhi Heart And Lung Institute
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Submit a review for Delhi Heart And Lung InstituteYour feedback matters!
My bmi is 24.7, I want to reduce my weight. How can I do it without going to a gym? And what diet should I follow? Is fasting good to lose weight?
I started masturbation with dry fist 7 year ago. I was doing it 4 times a day, and I have become habitual of dry fist. I had sex with girl but didn't enjoy it nor could continue 1 minute. please help me. I can't sex and satisfy a girl. I have lost my sex life by dry fist masturbation 4 times a day.
The procedures, techniques, and principles of cosmetic surgery are entirely focused on enhancing a patient’s appearance. It gives you new confidence and Improves aesthetic appeal, symmetry, and proportion are the key goals.
Dear sir/madam, I am always experiencing lightheadedness with heavy feeling in back of head. My bp is around 137/90. Lightheadedness feeling occurs mainly in standing. I have allergic rhinitis and laryngo pharyngeal reflux. Is lightheadedness related with these diseases or something else. Please prescribe cheap and powerful medicines for mainly lightheadedness.
Age of patient is 67 year, as per medical reports 90% multiple blockage but patient is still normal take the medicine and diet.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints. These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swellingand deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
Aftercare tips for joint replacement patients:
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks after the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day, climbing stairs, cycling, swimming and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling, playing sports like football, cricket, tennis, jumping, adventure sports,
The longevity of joints will vary between 15-35 years depending on the material used by the doctor.
Most women stay confused with the time of their ovulation. Couples who are sexually healthy and are in their 20s and 30s and are not using any birth control measures have 20% chances of getting pregnant. It is interesting to know that you have a high chance of getting pregnant at the time of ovulation. It is a small window period that comes each month. It is the time when your ovary produces ovum or egg and the egg is open for fertilisation. Even if you are having sex two or three days before ovulation, there is a high possibility of fertilisation. After ovulation is over, the window period gets shut for the next cycle. It is the safe period. Though doctors say that it cannot be considered 100% safe to have unprotected sex during this period, the chances of getting pregnant are considerably lower.
When does ovulation actually start?
It should be remembered that ovulation takes place at the middle of your menstrual cycle. It usually occurs halfway through the cycle. Commonly, the average time period of a cycle is 28 days. But, in some cases, women may have cycles as long as 23 to 35 days.
How will you know that you are ovulating?
- Check your calendar: It is a healthy habit to keep a menstrual calendar. You must maintain the dates for a few months. This will give you an idea as to when you actually ovulate.It is difficult to know the actual time of ovulation if you are having irregular periods.
- Carefully listen to your body: It is a common thing that your body spontaneously sends a memo to you before ovulation starts. You get cramps or feel pain in the lower abdomen before ovulation starts. This pain is called mittelschmerz. It is a reminder of the coming periods.
- Chart your body temperature: Well, you will need to keep a record of your basal body temperature. You can measure it after three to five hours of sleep. Your basal body temperature changes throughout the monthly ovulation cycle. Progesterone hormone is responsible for the increase in body temperature. In the first half of the month, the progesterone levels are low and hence the temperature remains low as compared to the second half of ovulation.
- You can go for saliva test: Your saliva contains the estrogen hormone. Its level changes throughout the cycle. You can also use an ovulation detector kit to know the dates.