Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision. With a rich experience of 8 years, Ms Jagriti Sharma is an excellent Psychologist, residing in Pitampura, Delhi. Ms. Jagriti specializes in Rehabilitation Psychology. She has devoted considerable time in understanding the human nature and behavioural aspect during her years as a student of psychology. She completed her BA (H) in Applied Psychology from the University of Delhi and her P.G. Diploma in Rehabilitation Psychology along with her M.Phil in Psychology. She has also successfully undertaken Advanced Certification In Behavior Testing from I.P University. Over the years Ms. Jagriti has worked with some of the most notable institutions in Delhi, such as Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Moolchand Medcity Hospital. She specializes in providing counselling for issues such as anger management, cognitive behaviour therapy, modern day stress management, pre-marital counselling and grief counselling, etc. You can consult Ms. Jagriti Sharma personally at Blissful Mind in Pitampura, Delhi or online at Lybrate.com through the medium of text or phone consultation.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Jagriti Sharma
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Counselling And Stress Management
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Jagriti SharmaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Wonderfully said that psychology has infinite solutions to the same problem, & when Jagriti is there you can back for solving every kind of stress related, relationship related & work related problems & infinite logics she puts to ensure that the problem is not rectified superficially, but with convincing attitude. She is very concerned about the human ethics & her discussion never intents to hurt & move on with problem, but sorting it the proper way. I have taken many sessions with her, & with every session, I am getting confident, practical, looking at the logical side to the problem. She is really a patient doctor & a personally recommended doctor for any kind of counselling, anxiety issues, behavior & thought process.
I found the answers provided by the Ms. Jagriti Sharma to be very helpful, knowledgeable, caring, inspiring and practical. Ok
she gracefully handled the complexities of my problem and helped me in attaining various insights about my own self.
Ms. Jagriti Sharma provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you very much mam...
Ms. Jagriti Sharma provides answers that are well-reasoned and sensible. Insightful
She's great. She actually knows her job well. Defi recommended.
awesome treat me removing my negative thought
It was really good .
The World Health Organisation defines health as "A state of physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." And, this state of physical, mental and social health is obtained when we surround ourselves with happy people who love and care for us. A sibling is one such person. Ever since our childhood, siblings are the ones we depend on. We fight them, argue with them and even torment them at times. And, with time, our love for our siblings only grows stronger.
How can your sibling help you achieve good health?
An elder or a younger sibling can help you achieve good health. How? Let's find out.
- Physical exercise is extremely important in order to maintain good health. Whether it is tennis or badminton or any other sport for that matter we need at least two people to play. These games help you keep fit. In fact, siblings can partake and compete in different activities together like running, hopping and skipping.
- The competitive approach between kids while playing helps them become more sportive and playful. It helps them treat failure or loss in a positive spirit.
- With the growing technology, the human generation is becoming lazy. And, a single child will be much more interested in staying indoors, glued to the television than go out and have fun. His physical activity is more or less suppressed. But in the company of a sibling or a friend, people tend to lean more towards going out. Hence, keeping their lifestyles healthy and fun.
- A single child will find it boring to even occupy a swimming pool or stroll down a hill for fun during holiday tours to other places. A holiday trip with a sibling makes swimming at the hotel pool, or strolling down the pathway a lot of fun. Swimming and strolling are in fact physical activities which help a person keep fit.
- Over a period of time the generation gap between the child and parent becomes so vast, that the child is not able to share emotions and feelings with the parent. This under severe circumstances leads to depression and in worst cases suicide. This is a case of mental ill health. Generation gap between siblings hardly exists and they find it a lot easier to share their emotions and private feelings with each other. They support and guide one another to boost each one's morale, and thus contribute to one another's mental wellbeing as well.
So, having a sibling may seem troublesome at times, but, it sure does have its boon!
Have you been emotionally invested in a relationship for quite some time? Have you faced continual fights and disagreements with your partner? Have these fights resulted into frustration or have they affected the natural course of your respective lives? If yes, it is time for you to reassess the effort or rather the kind of effort you put in to make things work. Quarrels are an integral part of any healthy and serious relationship. However, an overdose may lead to severed ties. It bruises your memory and leaves you too distraught to engage in an emotional attachment. The kind of mindset a person applies to his or her relationship determines the kind of treatment the person receives in the relationship. Hence, you must be very careful.
A healthier mindset can be adopted in the following ways:
- To complain as least as possible: Keep low expectations from your partner. The most common reason for conflict in relationships is the list of expectations, which when left unfulfilled leads to complaining and nagging. What you do for your partner is what 'you think is the right thing', but your partner may not hold the same perspective.
- Respecting and accepting your partner as he/she is: A package deal, will resolve many issues without debate. When pointed out in subtle ways, your partner will understand and try to change for you , if she/he wishes to.
- Try to have a growth oriented mindset: A growth oriented mindset as opposed to a fixed mindset can always help. When you have a fixed mindset you easily give up on your partner or on the relationship. You tend to feel hopeless about future and associate a lack of growth or change with your partner. A growth- oriented mindset endows you with hope. A situation is perceived as an occurrence in the present that need not necessarily be translated into future. Also, such a mindset expects both parties to accept and encourage change and growth of individuals in the relationship. Anything contrary can make your relationship boring.
- Stop using labels: Labeling is an indecent way of identifying the problem with your partner or with the relationship in general. You should neither brand yourself as something or your partner as something else. Associating critical adjectives with one another is a way of demeaning your lover and can dissuade your partner from communicating his or her viewpoint.
- Look for the trigger: Most quarrels result from a trigger. Trying to pinpoint the trigger with a cool head can actually be of use. This will make partners aware of their faults and instead of dodging the situation they will be able to deal with it better.
- Try to rekindle the spark: Time, overburdening responsibilities or workload can make your relationship a routine affair. An element of secrecy and excitement is important. Therefore, desire should never take a backseat in your relationship. Try to fulfill your partner's desire and let him or her know about your expectations as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Have you noticed yourself feeling diminished consistently? Do you find yourself apologizing to your partner even despite being on the receiving end of your lover’s bad behavior? Have you been feeling that your partner takes you for granted and also takes advantage of you? If the answer of the these questions is a ‘YES’ then it establishes that you are dating an emotional manipulator.
Being in a relationship with an emotional manipulator may not only scar you emotionally but also cause severe damage to you in the long run. Here are some warning signs to watch out for:Here are some warning signs to watch out for:
1. Your partner diminishes your feelings: Emotional manipulators are selfish people and are concerned solely about themselves and their desires. They do not care about your feelings and when you try to share some grief or feelings, they may turn you down by saying you are stupid or are over-reacting. Sometimes, their manipulative nature makes you think that they are right. An emotional manipulator also does not apologize and blames you for something, which is actually their fault.
2. Your partner often lets you down: If you get insulted, embarrassed or are made fun of by your partner frequently, especially in public, he or she is likely to be an emotional manipulator. The person is likely to prey on all your insecurities. You may be made fun of in front of your family and friends, by your partner, which crosses the limit of joking. Even if you convey that you are hurt by these actions, they do not change.
3. Your partner blames you for their bad behavior: An emotional manipulator will never take the blame or responsibility of their bad deeds. Instead, they will try to put the entire blame on you with lame justifications. If your partner is an emotional manipulator, it is likely that he or she would ask you over and over about your feelings.
4. Your partner does not explain themselves: Emotional manipulators are likely to hold back their issues and do not bother to explain their actions. Actually, such people do not intend to connect emotionally with you. They will try to impose themselves upon you and feel that they are superior than you. Such people get angry very easily if you cannot manage time for them.
5. Your partner changes ways only after extremities: Emotional manipulators do not care about your feelings and when you are fed up and want to leave, they start overreacting and promise to make positive changes. However, after a while they regain their previous attitude.
The above signs indicate that your partner is an emotional manipulator. If you experience these signs, the best decision is to leave your partner and move on.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
One of the unique forms of depression is the Seasonal affective disorder which is characterized by the onset of depression with the start of the winter months and a full remission during spring time. Seasonal affective disorder is a form of depression that affects about 1 in 20 people around the world on average. One of the common therapies used to treat this disorder is light therapy.
What is light therapy?
Light therapy is the controlled exposure to specific amounts of bright light on a daily basis as a medicinal tool to correct depression and other mental disorders. It has been noticed that the lack of exposure to lights may trigger certain mental disorders within patients and controlled exposure to bright light over a stipulated period of time every day may be able to correct this effectively.
How it works?
Brightness within the daily world is usually measured with the unit of lux. For all types of artificial lights, the measure of luminosity is estimated via this unit. Human beings have an automatic trigger where low light levels for continued periods may cause depression. A clear sunny day outdoors will have a measurement of 10,000 lux and this is the recommended dosage for exposure for people suffering from depression.
It has been seen in studies that people with severe forms of Seasonal Affective disorder responded well to this therapy. They were treated 30 minutes daily with light exposure and over time the study showed that it significantly improved the moods of the people.
Some of the reasons why light therapy proves to be an effective treatment option for SAD include:
- It resets the circadian rhythm - Controlled exposure to light will trigger the hormones that control the circadian rhythms or the daily rhythms of sleeping and walking cycles and thus will help reduce depression.
- It triggers neurotransmitter function - Light exposure triggers certain neurotransmitter functions which work like an antidepressant and thus relieves stress or other internal functions that may cause depression.
- Results in an increase in serotonin levels - This hormone is very important for mood elevation and is known to rise with increased light levels and decrease with low light levels. Controlled exposure can definitely help improve serotonin levels for lessening depression symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Every married couple undergoes relationship troubles, but these troubles should not linger for a long time otherwise you might end up facing dreadful consequences. If you want to save your married life by maintaining a smooth relation with your partner, then you have to look for the best solutions that can resolve marital issues.
How to manage marital relationships?
- Maintaining Trust: Since trust is the base of every relationship, therefore you should make special efforts in maintaining the same. Unresolved issues should be resolved quickly and there should be transparent communication between the married couples. Some of the special qualities that should be maintained in order to maintain trust within a marital relationship in long run are being on time, consistency, being sensitive towards feelings, avoiding lies, sharing feelings, respecting partner's feelings, avoiding jealousy and others.
- Healthy Communication: If the problems remain unresolved, then more and more conflicts will be invited. Have open discussions and clear up your points so that confusions can be eliminated. If you make efforts in understanding the real causes, then only the problems can be resolved. You need to put yourself in the shoes of the partner and understand where the person is coming from. Most conflicts occur because we only see our view points and not that of others.
- Giving time to the relationship: You can maintain your marital relationship in a healthy state only by considering the married life as the prior issue. Keep your marriage above every other social thing and then only relationship can be made secured. Give time for repairing all dubs and defects of your relationship. In this case, you can also take the help of any expert counsellor. Spend some quality time with each other so that the warmth of your relationship can be maintained.
- Tackling monetary problems: Do not allow any conflict to come into your relationship just because of a pathetic financial condition. It is important for both the partners to put-in efforts in saving money so that monthly expenses can be kept under strict control. A perfect budget needs to be scheduled so that financial strength can be restored. If you are incapable of catering financial support, support your partner at least mentally so that he can come out of the financial trouble as soon as possible.
- Maintain a Happy Sexual Life: Create a proper schedule for lovemaking in order to maintain a healthy sex life. You should try to know the sexual needs of your partner so that you can fulfil the expectations. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most." --- Buddha
Every morning we get up and have a list of things in our mind to complete during the day. Some people have the list ready in their mind, some are trying to figure out that in which direction they should move and some are at peace because they believe whatever comes their way, they are ready to take it up with positivity. With such different thinking patterns we begin our day but how many of us are able to think about the feeling that we have in the morning when we get up from the bed? Do we ever try and give attention to it ? Are we feeling happy, sad, loved, aggressive, tensed, anxious, scared, or probably no emotion at all ? If everything at our emotional level is healthy and going smooth, its great. But what if some of us are not at peace from past couple of weeks, something or the other keeps on bothering, may be one is stressed or tensed and due to this the person may stop the work or start feeling loaded, or just shatter and drag everyday to complete the task. And slowly the person starts experiencing and feel one's emotions.
Slowly, these emotions start ruling us and we behave in the way our current emotions wants us to behave. We may get tearful or cry for no reason by watching a simple commercial advertisement, reading something in a magazine or any other social networking website which emotionally tug the heartstrings.This shows that we are so full from within that we are not able to process the situation and associated feelings and it comes out of eyes as tears.
There may be times when a person starts thinking negatively about oneself, others and is not able to use the tools during the day to fight with negativity and is in a vulnerable state. And, may suddenly start to think about death or dying or committing suicide. Why such thought is even arriving in the mind as an option? Usually these thoughts are not always there in one's mind, they just come and go but each time they push us towards darkness. In order to get away with such feelings, there are people who tend to use any substance, be it a drug or alcohol, so as to free their conscious mind from the tornado of thoughts. And we keep on delaying the need to look at our emotions, feelings and thoughts.
One fine day comes and the person plans to 'talk it out' to the best friend or one close relative and it makes the person feel settled as the other person has given a sound listening. But again after a few days, one gets this feeling that he or she is still stuck. Sometimes, friends or relatives are too close to our situation and they may not be honest with you because they are empathetic towards you, they have a fear that if they utter out the truth, you will no longer be in touch or simply you may feel bad.
In such a situation, one needs to realize that it is now time to seek professional help from a Clinical Psychologist or a Psychotherapist. It is like, once in your life you can be completely honest to another human being who is trained to deal with the emotions with care and is not going to effect anything in your life.
Getting into therapy is not about if something traumatic has happened in your life, even if you are generally unhappy, sometimes that is a problem because you do not have to live like this forever. It helps you find things about yourself as it forces you to examine the why's and hence untie the tied knots of your mind. Therapy is all about self discovery, it is not about what wrong you have done in your life or this is what you need to fix, it is about looking inward and finding things on your own along with slowing down the chaos that one lives.
Psychotherapy can be helpful for any person of any age, like somebody may have lack of confidence, difficulty in making friends, doubts about growing up, body image, inferiority complex, difficulty in making connections with people, public speaking, anxiety due to divorce or separation, setting new goals, marriage, being productive, deal with guilt, fear, commitment, multiple relationships, loneliness and much more.
Sometimes, there are people who want to come out their shell because endlessly they are being labelled as 'Introverts' by the society. But there is always a question involved, What will other's think about me if I seek help from any mental health professional? Am I not able enough to deal with my own problems? Am I Mad that I want to seek therapy? Usually when a person has problem in kidney, stomach ache, fever, throat infection, they are easily able to visit a medical professional and simultaneously talk about it with others but what if one is struggling with one's own thoughts, negative emotions and thinking in every possible direction or not able to think at all, if that person wants to seek help from a mental health professional, the person feels hesitated in even telling it to the family members.
Sometimes, the family members over react, deny and may not understand what one is going through and may give solutions to eat properly, sleep, exercise, be positive and forget whatever has happened. They are still okay if the neighbour is taking such kind of professional help and they do not want the pathology to enter into their house but they don't know that it is already there. It is all about acceptance and being open to the fact that anybody may require psychotherapy for any reason they come across in their lives which they are unable to handle or if something is making their life unfulfilling or slow. So, Thank you for being a patient reader and next time if you meet somebody, whom you can sense require some form of help, encourage that person positively to visit a clinical psychologist or any mental health professional.
Good health is indeed the key to success. If you were of the idea, that health is a biological factor that you are born with and that can be altered or rectified with the advice of a medical practitioner, you are extremely mistaken. To some extent, the quality of your health is in your hands. Physical health goes hand in hand with your psychological health. Like doctors say, a person might be facing some very serious disease but being mentally strong can help him or her overcome difficulties. Your day-to-day attitude in life is also of great consequence; it decides your overall health when recorded for a year or more.
Effects of positive thoughts on a person's health:-
- Worry less- Fretting is the worst way of coping in life. Each and every individual has issues gnawing at their existence. The best way to deal with problems is to face them with a calm and logical mind. Being anxious over a certain occurrence doesn't help you get anywhere in life. People who worry less have a longer and healthier life.
- Once you forgive, you naturally move on- Holding on to grudges is an utterly depressing way to carry on with the course of life. Unless you forgive, you are stuck at one single point. This holds you back from achieving to the best of your abilities. Forgiveness doesn't let the other person win; it only helps you live without emotional baggage.
- Learn to be resilient in times of stress- Thinking yourself as weak is an easy way to let hurdles take control of you. You should be of a strong disposition. Whatever the situation is, a person should take it in stride and consider it as a passing phase. Keep reminding yourself you will be back on your feet in no time at all. Being mentally weak can lead to nervous breakdowns.
- Creativity can help you sleep over remorse- Fear, anger, hatred or remorse are emotions that bog you down. Every human being should try and channelize their energies into something useful. Thinking creatively is beneficial for oneself.
- Never say 'impossible'- Giving up on your dreams shows you in poor light. Treating a goal as impossible even before attempting to attain it can be very bad for your health. It can result in chronic nervousness.