Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ruchi Malik
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ruchi MalikYour feedback matters!
I have diabetes and every time I wake up I feel not refreshed and not in the mood. I really need help with it.
Hi from last 5yrs try to lose weight but still did't work give me the solution and my age is 43.And also my foots are so pain while am walk even a shart distance
Homeopathy has made its presence felt in treating almost all ailments. With an expansive ambit, this branch of medicine has been increasingly preferred to others due to its holistic advantages and no side-effects. Due to the emergent lifestyle, general tiredness and fatigue has become a second nature of people. In such circumstances, it becomes imperative to adopt certain remedial measures and homeopathy with its many benefits becomes the obvious choice.
Causes of Chronic Fatigue:
- Prolonged stress.
- Nutritional deficiency.
- Iron deficiency anemia.
- Low blood pressure (Hypotension).
- Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia).
- Yeast infection (Candidiasis).
- Infections such as mononucleosis.
- Dysfunction in the immune system.
- Hormonal imbalance.
Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue:
- Extreme exhaustion.
- Lack of energy.
- Low grade fever.
- Sore throat.
- Muscle and joint pains that radiate without swelling or redness.
- Painful menstrual periods.
- Inability to concentrate.
- Forgetfulness or transient loss of memory.
- Visual disturbances.
- Sleep disturbances.
- Chronic immobility.
Homeopathic approach to Chronic Fatigue:
Homeopathic medicines treat Chronic Fatigue not by annihilating viruses, but by strengthening the vital force, which is an unintelligible, zestful, spiritual, and instinctive force that vitalizes our body, that balances many functions and provides protection from illness. In case of an illness, the symptoms are the signals or the outcry of the Vital Force, asking for help.
Homeopathic medicines have shown an overwhelming positive response in treating chronic tiredness by producing the best results. Based on the hypothesis of "like cures like" and a deep emphasis on the principles of holistic medicine (treat the whole person), Homeopathic remedies work by stimulating the body's own healing power by introducing tiny doses of natural substances that enhances a person's immune system and defense system to heal itself naturally. Due to the individualized approach of Homeopathy, a remedy which matches all of your symptoms will stimulate your vital force to restore balance and health.
Homeopathic medicines are completely safe with zero side effects. Sourced from natural substances, the Homeopathic medicines help the Chronic Fatigue patients by increasing the body stamina and threshold for fatigue against a particular level of exertion. They also help in energising the body's immune system to come out of extreme physical or mental weakness and the person feels rejuvenated as a result.
Self-help along with Homeopathic treatment:
Along with Constitutional Homeopathic treatment learning how to manage your fatigue may help you maintain good health:
- Stay well hydrated.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Avoid refined foods, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, saturated fats.
- Avoid mental and physical exertion during an acute illness. Get adequate rest.
- Deep breathing and walking in fresh air can increase the energy levels.
- Exercising regularly but without causing more fatigue.
- Lifestyle changes - you can slow down and avoid excessive physical and psychological stress. This may save your energy for essential activities at home or work and help you cut back on less important activities.
- Emotional support can help you and your loved ones deal with the uncertain outlook and the ups and downs of this illness.
Hence, eliminate all types of pathogens, strengthen your immune system, increase energy and combat fatigue with the help of Homeopathy. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello mam My age is 19 and my weight 40 kg. Muje healthy koi product btaiye jisme Protein Calcium Healthy include Ho. Mai proteinex usee krti hu Daily Mrng One glass milk Dalke. So please mam tell me Mujhe kya krna chaiyee becz Muje healthy hona hai thodaa.
Pituitary tumors are a rare occurrence, and not all of them show some kind of symptoms. However, in some cases, the patients may display few symptoms. This totally depends on whether the tumor is functional or non-functional. When the tumor is functional, it means that they are releasing excess hormones while non-functional tumor would not cause excess release of hormones.
Types of pituitary tumors:
As already pointed, there are two variants of pituitary tumors- functional and non-functional.
- Functional adenomas can lead to issues owing to the hormones they release. Typically, a functional adenoma creates an excess amount of a single hormone. The symptoms are dependent on the type of hormone secreted by them.
- Tumors which do not lead to excess secretion of hormones tend to become large even before they are noticed. They may lead to different kinds of symptoms when they press against other parts of the brain or nerves or other areas of the pituitary.
- Non-functional adenomas which do not lead to any symptoms are often found owing to the MRI or CT scan performed for other health troubles. These tumors are becoming more common since CT scans and MRIs are done more commonly, and these are the most prevalent type of tumors. There is no need to treat them as long as they do not cause any discomfort or symptoms.
Symptoms caused by pituitary tumors:
The carcinomas, as well as macroadenomas, are large enough to press on a nearby nerve or other parts of the brain regardless of whether they are functional or not. This may lead to signs and symptoms such as loss of peripheral vision, headaches, dizziness, facial numbness or pain, blurred or double vision and loss of consciousness. Sudden bleeding into the tumor can lead to loss of consciousness and even death. Depending on the type of nerves affected by the pituitary tumor can cause weakness, unexplained loss or gain of weight, nausea, feeling tired and cold, menstrual changes, erectile dysfunction, and reduced interest in sex, particularly in men.
Treatment of pituitary tumors:
Many patients suffering from pituitary tumors do not need any treatment. However, there are various factors like the size, type, and reach of the tumor that play an important role in deciding whether the patients require treatment or not. Moreover, the age of the patients and overall health conditions are the most crucial aspect in the decision of the same.
Surgical removal of the pituitary tumor is generally advised by the doctor when the tumor is pressing on the optic nerves or when the tumor is overproducing some hormones. On the other hand, radiation therapy makes use of high-energy X-rays for destroying tumors. Lastly, treatment with medicines can help in blocking excess secretion of hormone and even shrink certain types of pituitary tumors.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I Have exercise about 1 hour daily, so can you tell me which diet is suitable for me? My age is 25 years and weight is 59.
I am 20 years old female and my weight is 65 kgs there is lot of fat accumulated in my hips and stomach please suggest me what to do?
Hirsutism is a condition of unwanted hair growth in certain areas of a women's face and body, such as upper lip, beard area, chest and abdomen, that creates a "male pattern" of hair growth. It affects around 5-10% of the women and is a common presenting complaint among females for cosmetic reasons.
Hirsutism is attributed either to increased production or increased sensitivity of the hair follicles to the male hormone- testosterone. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual cycles, is the main cause of the same. However in some cases the reasons for the same can be unknown as all reports may seem normal. Such a type is called Idiopathic Hirsutism. It is important for women to not feel shy and embarrassed about the situation. Often resorting to excessive bleaching and razers can harm the skin and the self image of a woman. You should come forward and talk to either a Gyneacologist or an Endocrinologist. The doctors after taking the complete history would advice certain tests that would measure the amount of certain hormones in the blood. If the androgen levels are elevated, doctor may recommend an ultrasound or a CT scan to check ovaries and adrenal glands for tumors or cysts.
The main causes of Hirsutism are:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: In 70% of the cases PCOS is the cause of Hirsutism. Women with PCOS often have hirsutism in combination with acne, balding near the front of the head, and menstrual irregularities. PCOS is also accompanied by infertility (due to menstrual irregularity), obesity, diabetes , High cholesterol and possible heart disease.
- Idiopathic Hirsutism: Idiopathic hirsutism refers to hirsutism that has no identifiable cause. It is usually a mild variation of PCOS. A gradual increased growth of coarse body hair is typically the only symptom in women with this condition. Menstrual cycles are normal in women with idiopathic hirsutism.
- Drug Induced: Certain drugs and steroids taken the past can trigger a hormonal imbalance and cause hirsutism
- Adrenal or tumour causes: These are rare and are related to tumours or abnormal functioning of the adrenal gland.
Since Hirsutism can be a combination of medical issues self medication is not recommended. There are a variety of ways through which the same can be managed or cured. The treatment options are:
- Medical Management: The doctors can recommend a combination of drugs such as oral contraceptives (contain estrogen & progestin that inhibits the male hormone), anti-androgens and insulin sensitive drugs.
- Cosmetic Hair Removal: Electrolysis and the modern day safe Laser therapy are sought after cosmetic ways for removal of unwanted hair. The procedures destroy the hair follicles and prevent the hair from growing.
- Surgical Therapy: Only in specific cases Laparoscopic ovarian drilling or removal of ovarian & adrenal tumours can help treat Hirsutism.
It is important to understand that this problem is medical and can be treated, managed and cured with expert advice & guidance. Women usually get depressed and have image issues. One should not get distressed; it may be a possibility that the reason may be just a little imbalance in your hormones. Eating healthy, weight loss and exercise are tried and tested natural ways to keep your body fit & balanced.