Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Ishi Khosla
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Ishi KhoslaYour feedback matters!
A fibroid is a benign tumor of the uterus. It can grow in and around the uterus.
- Long and excessive bleeding during menstrual periods
- Pelvic pain or pressure
- Swollen abdomen
- Frequent urination
Treatment of Fibroid
- Hormone therapy: It helps shrink fibroids. Side effects of medications involve headaches and hot flashes.
- Uterine embolization: This procedure stops the blood supply to the fibroid, causing it to shrink and die.
- Birth control pills: They help control heavy periods.
- Intrauterine devices: They release hormones to help reduce heavy bleeding and pain.
- Reducing the level of estrogen in the body: Naturally occurring estrogen is stored in and manufactured by fat cells. Therefore, maintaining a healthy weight can decrease the amount of estrogen in the body.
- Warm fomentation: Warm bath or using a heating pad or hot water bottle on the abdomen and gentle massage helps relieve congestion.
- Pain relievers: They relieve the cramps or pain.
Role of Homeopathy in the Treatment of Fibroid
Homeopathy is one of the best alternative systems of medicine dealing with female complaints both acute and chronic. This system of medicine believes in the holistic concept (i.e., treating the individual as a whole). As the development of fibroid is a chronic process which occurs over a period of time, its cure is also gradual. The scope of homeopathy is good in the treatment of fibroid. The patient’s entire history is taken into consideration, which includes the chief complaint, associated complaint, mental state, previous history of any illness, menstrual history, obstetric history, physical generals, investigations, etc.
Based on this case history, a homeopathic similimum is selected.This homeopathic similimum stimulates the vital force, thereby improving the vitality of the patient. Once the vitality is regained, the body restores itself to health. Also, homeopathic medicines stop the progression of the disease along with the removal of signs and symptoms. Homeopathic medicines regulate the hormonal imbalance, which further helps to reduce the size of the fibroid.Nowadays, it is preferred over modern medicine to avoid side effects of oral contraceptive pills.
Also, it is of great help to patients who want to conceive, as there is no surgical interference done. So, homeopathy can come as a blessing in disguise for such patients. Homeopathic medicines help manage the symptoms of uterine fibroids as well as dissolve them. The time taken for cure depends on the size of the fibroid and intensity of symptoms.Important remedies in homeopathy used for treating fibroids are namely, Thalaspi Bursa Pastoris, Belladonna, Sepia Officinalis, Ustilago Maydis, Erigeron Canadensis, etc. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!