Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Ishi Khosla
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Ishi KhoslaYour feedback matters!
I have hypothyroidism since 6 years, I am 22 now. I have been trying to lose weight but haven't noticed any significant change. Is there a possibility that hypothyroidism is sabotaging my weight loss efforts?
I look too thin and i am underweight. I have all regular check done and am perfectly good. Please help me with proper instructions on diet and timings. Thanks in advance.
I want to lose my weight. My hight is 6'3" and weight is 103 kg. please give me the solution. And according to hight what should my weight.
Hi sir/madam, I am 18 years old. But my body weight just 45 kg. And height 167 .Please help me. To up my body weight and energy.
Sir, I take home made food daily with seasonal vegetables, fruits and pulses with nominal spices. I also avoid fast food, junk food and cold drinks. I do exercise daily also. Even, my stomach is increasing. But my other parts of body are not increasing. Sir, I am 60 years of old. Kindly advise me.
I am under weight. My age is 20 now .although I eat sufficiently I am thin. My muscle growth is slow. I want to know the reason for this. Please suggest some ways for boosting my growth. Thank you!
8 easy dietary changes that will help to lower homocysteine levels
1. Eat less fatty meat, more ﬁsh and vegetable protein eat no more than four servings of lean meat a week; ﬁsh (not fried) at least three times a week; and if you’re not allergic or intolerant, a serving of a soya-based food, such as tofu, tempeh or soya sausages, plus beans, such as kidney beans, chickpea hummus or baked beans, at least ﬁve times a week.
2. Eat your greens have at least ﬁve servings of fruit or vegetables a day. This means eating two pieces of fruit every single day, and three servings of vegetables. Vary your selections from day to day. Make sure half of what’s on your plate for each main meal is vegetables.
3. Have a clove of garlic a day either eat a clove of garlic a day, or take a garlic supplement every day. You can take garlic oil capsules or powdered garlic supplements.
4. Cut back on tea and coffee don’t drink more than one cup of caffeinated or decaffeinated coffee or two cups of tea, in a day. Instead choose from the wide variety of herbal teas and grain coffees available.
5. Limit your alcohol limit your alcohol intake to no more than half a pint of beer, or one glass of red wine, in a day. Ideally, limit your intake to two pints of beer or four glasses of wine a week.
6. Reduce your stress if you are under a lot of stress, or ﬁnd yourself reacting stressfully much of the time, make a decision to reduce your stress load by changing both the circumstances that are giving you stress and your attitude. Simple solutions abound: you can do yoga, meditation and/or exercise, or see a counsellor if you have some issues to resolve. These steps can make all the difference.
7. Stop smoking if you smoke, make a decision to stop, and seek help to do it. There is simply no safe level of smoking as far as homocysteine and your health is concerned.
8. Supplement a high-strength multivitamin every day. Excellent-quality multis are available in the market to keep your homocysteine levels in check, you’ll need one that gives at least 20mg of b6, 200mcg of folic acid and 10mcg of b12. This diet, lifestyle and supplement plan has the potential to halve your homocysteine score in weeks. If it's high, then you may need to supplement additional nutrients, as outlined in the table above. The goal is to bring your score to below 6 or 7 if you are over 50. Your homocysteine score is probably the best objective measure of whether you are achieving optimum nutrition for you.
Summary: keeping your homocysteine levels low
• Test your homocysteine level.
• If it’s above 6, supplement the levels of homocysteine-lowering nutrients given in the table above.
• Also take a high-strength multi-vitamin giving at least 20mg of b6, 200mcg of folic acid and 10mcg of b12, even if your h score isn’t above 6.
• Follow the h factor plan as shown above.
• Re-test yourself every three months until your homocysteine is below 6.
Dandruff is characterized by a white, flaky substance on the scalp. Dandruff is not a serious condition and neither is it contagious. Basic hygiene and a few good rules could be effective in treating the irritable condition of dandruff.
Here are the five home Made solutions for dandruff:
- Garlic: A lot of people seem to avoid garlic on their hair because of the pungent smell associated to it. However, the medicinal properties of garlic are too many to be overlooked. The benefits of raw and crushed garlic are too many to be listed and have been tested since a long time. For best results, pound garlic cloves with water and wash your hair with the liquid. And for the smell, you could add honey and ginger to the mixture.
- Neem: Ancient herbs hold relevance till today. The medicinal and cooling properties of neem are a great remedy for treating dandruff. Nature is the best way to go and Neem has been a tested element for all skin ailments and same applies to the fungi that accumulate as the result of flakes. Boil neem leaves in water and use the broth to wash hair.
- Coconut oil: This oil is supposed to have anti-fungal properties and also keeps the scalp from getting itchy. For best results, mix coconut oil with lemon and rub it in the scalp gently. Leave for some time and then again wash the hair. This should be done at least three times in a week to get rid of dandruff.
- Vinegar: It is one of the other ingredients that are a proven anti-dandruff. Application of fungus helps to kill the fungi and bacteria associated to dandruff. Vinegar is rich in acidic content and thus reduces flaking a great deal. White vinegar and water should be mixed in equal proportions and applied to hair thoroughly. Leave it for some time and wash the hair thoroughly. Follow this for three times a week for best results.
- Yogurt: Perhaps the most common method used for treating dandruff since a long time. Yogurt continues to win our trust every time. This is simple as it could get. Apply yogurt to the scalp and leave it for some time. Then wash the yogurt after around an hour and use a mild shampoo to wash off the hair. Repeat the procedure for at least two days a week. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin or hair related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.