Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Charu KhannaYour feedback matters!
My age 61yrs.Htn present with DM2.Taking metformin 500mgm bd doses.Fasting blood sugar always in normal range but ppbd sugar always high around 170 to 180mgm.Pl suggest for pp hyperglycemia.160cmheight and wt 80kg ,
Regarding Food, don't go for any junk food, Fast food, Freezed, canned,packaged food.Always take fresh, Home made,If u cant take Home made bcoz of Job, Place, etc, Try to add Healthy Food like Fruit juices,Raw vegetables, Fruits, salads,Sprouts in your Diet. Avoid Cold drinks, especially aerated, Black.
Diet should b Oil less r minimum oil with.Salt to b in less quantity.
Dont go for baked items, n avoid cooking food in micro woven.
Try to take WATER atleast 3-4 liters in a day. But not From Refrigerator.
Avoid Sedentary life.Be a part of some activity.But if u r an Employee, n u don't have option, then Try to schedule yourself for the vigorous activity at your convenience.Always remember. If u cant allot time for active movements, later u may feel repentance about the sedentary life forever.
Always focus on Good.Think +ve.
If have habit of Smoking, Drinking Alcohol, try to reduce Quantity n frequency wise, gradually.
Dont go for Medications for small things also, unless it bothers u much. Try to get relief by home remedies r Avoiding the things that causes, n by taking rest.
If U follow the above all Tips,i ensure U vl b free from many diseases forever.
Actually I am not fit so I want to you you give me suggestions how to fit my body and how to gain my weight.
I have a desk job in last 2 years my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 80 kgs. I want to lose my weight .please help me.
Dear doc, Doc as we all know that at our navel a kind of pulse sounds when me touch there with a bit of pressure. Some people around me just say that it's associated with digestion system. If that's true doc please let me know anything how I can get my navel pulse back at the right place it's about 1/3 or 1 inch up towards my chest. I don't remember last time I heard that pulse at navel. And I don't remember when was I gaining weight continuously. Now sometime I gain weight and some other I lose it. I want to get healthy. Wanna have a fit body in a good shape. How can I do that? I smoke sometimes. But after eating anything I use not to smoke at least 2-3 hours. I was taking some ayurvedic medicines to gain weight since 1 month. Right now I have stopped taking it.
Dear Doctor, Does protein powders are good to take after workouts? Can't we get the necessary proteins from our daily food intake. Please tell.
I am 26 years old girl. I am suffering from past more than 1 years every single day. Health issues, financially, mentally from every side. I am trying to settle down things, but somehow things are getting only worse, I am becoming only negative, gng in depression. I don't feel like doing anything, just want to be alone, what should I do.
I have a infection in my leg and fever I want to know reason of infection actually I am a diabetic Patient.
Sir I am very thin and my health is going down my age 20 years so please provide me proper guidance to look healthy thanks.
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of slip disk
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
1. Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
2. Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
3. Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
1. Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time
2. Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain
3. Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted
4. Pain in the neck while moving it
5. Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region
6. You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs
7. You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles
8. It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body
1. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels
2. Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing
3. Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy
4. Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch