Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Monica Kapur
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Monica KapurYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
AWFUL MISTAKES MOSTLY EVERY DIETER DOES-
1. Low Fat Diet - Fats are not to be feared, rather your body needs dietary fats and cholesterol to produce all vital hormones.
2. Only Fruit Joice For B/F - Most fruit juices raises blood sugar , so your body produces more insulin consequently you'll get hungry and overeat later.
4. Increase Gymming Or Workout - If you don't workout definitely you will gain fat and lose muscle tissue every year. But workout for several hours or join too many fitness classes will not give you the desired result so workout little less as more can increase free radicals and these free radicals can destroy your body's essential nutrients and tissues .
5. Don't Blame Your Age - You are fat because you eat more or you sleep less or you don't move at all otherwise a research shows that men and women in their 90's were also able to lose weight and gain muscle .
6. Take Dinner Too Early - Most people when on diet eat dinner too early which is wrong because by the time you sleep you get hungry again which can interfere with your sleep .
A study shows that most of the people consider workout as a license to binge and eat more when they workout!
Conclusion - Diet plans are great when it comes to losing weight, but only when it is done right. So, it is important to consult a dietician before starting a diet plan.
Some people experience that they are always hungry or they are always tired . There can be plenty of reasons of this feeling but top most are as follows:
1. Dehydration - Feeling of thirst can easily be mistaken by the feeling of hunger. So prevent it by staying on top of your fluid intake .
2. Sleep Deprivation - Too little sleep can lead to increased level of appetite and decreased level of feeling of fullness. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep at night .
3. Skipping Meas - When you skip a meal and your stomach is empty for too long it can produce more hunger hormones and you are prone to binge later on.So it is always better to eat something after every 3-4 hours.
4. Eating Too Much Simple Carbs - Eating white flour products,pastries , cookies etc.will spike your blood sugar levels and consequently it causes intense hunger.Surprisingly the more you eat the more you feel tired. So replace them with complex carbs.
6. Obsessed With Food Programs - Looking at the attractive picture of food or pleasant food aromas can stimulate hunger pangs. So limit your exposure to T.V.commercials and unfollowing food brands on Instagram and Pinterest.
7. Boredom - Sometimes there is no obvious reason neither you are stressed nor you are emotional you are eating just out of boredom. So try to make yourself busy by indulging any activity or any hobby.
8. Medication - There are some medicines which can make you feel hungry all the time. Antidepressants and other medicines such as SSRIs, Steroids, and Diabetes medicines fall into that category. If you have started to gain weight since you started your medication, it is a great hint that the reason behind your hunger is your medication.
There are a lot of reasons which may make you feel hungry all the time, but the only solution is to keep an eye on your diet. If nothing seems to work, you should talk to a Doctor to understand root cause behind these constant cravings. Also, consult a dietician for the same to help you come up with a diet that will keep you full and will be healthy for you.
Hormones are the body's chemical messengers. They travel in the bloodstream to tissues and organs. Hormones are produced in a complex process and depend on beneficial nutrients.iImbalanced hormones can destroy health even if everything else is optimized.
Hormonal balance is vital to a healthy mind and body. For glowing skin, balanced mind and constant energy hormones need to be in place. Hormones don't go out of balance for no reason. Some of the common reasons can be:
1. Stress - Stress can cause many health problems & hormone problems are no different . Stress is causing too much cortisol production which leads to anxiety and imbalance hormones ,
3. Excess Weight - Excess weight leads to excess estrogen, many men with excess abdominal weight will be high in estrogen.
4. Alcohol - Excess alcohol will lead to lower testosterone. Moreover consumption of alcohol impair our ability to lose weight .
5. Lack of Sleep - If there is lack of sleep or there is too many late night parties can bring negative impact on hormones. In Fact studies have shown that people who slept less than five to six hours per night were twice as likely to develop diabetes .
6. Plastic Containers - Plastic and plastic container contains compound called BPA which disturb the hormonal balance. If you microwave food or store food in plastic container it will leach chemicals right into your food .
7. Xenoestrogens - These are man-made toxins. The xenoestrogens wreak havoc on internal balancing mechanism of the body. These are found in household cleanser, cosmetics, personal care products, nail polish n nail polish remover, plastic, Tupperware and so on.
8. Birth Control Pills - This Pill is hormonal therapy that raises estrogen and cause imbalance . Moreover it increases the risk of breast cancer and become more dangerous if these pills taken by teenagers .
NATURALLY- Hormonal fluctuation occur naturally at the time of puberty, pregnancy, menopause and with ageing!
So following are some natural ways to balance your hormones.
1. Get More Sleep - While you are sleeping body is extremely active removing toxins, recharging the mind and creating hormones.So adequate sleep is crucial for balancing the hormones.
2. Walk In Nature - Walking in nature has been shown to reduce cortisol level( a stress hormone) and boost the immune system . Chronic cardio like jogging , running , spinning ,aerobic classes places undue stress on the body and spike stress hormones.
3. Limit Refined Oils - Refined oils or man-made fats found in vegetable oils as they can create imbalance in the ratio of omega-3 and omega 6 which should be 1:1.
4. Limit Soy And Soy Products - Soy is the most controversial food in the world. Nothing is proved as yet but they may disturb the hormones so limit its intake and cook it don't use them raw.
5. Eliminate Toxic Kitchen - Limit or boycott plastic and try to use stainless steel and iron vessels to cook.
6. Improve Gut Health - A research shows that gut health plays a significant role in hormone regulations.so increase the probiotic in your diet.
7. Incorporate Herbs - Ayurveda prescribes the use of herbal formulation to combat the ill effects of hormone imbalance effect of hormone imbalance Herbs such as Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Neem, etc. known to have hormone balancing properties.
8. Stop Birth Control Pills - Don't take them as they can play a significant role in disturbing hormones and can one of the main reason for breast cancer.
9. Practice Yoga Postures - Yoga can help to nourish and rebuild these hormonal imbalances. Plenty of postures are helpful but Rabbit posture and forward seated posture are really helpful.
10. Meditation And Pranayama - Yoga breathing exercises and meditation can be a big help when talk about balancing hormones. The meditation is said to strengthen the endocrine system and the nervous system.
Some do's and don'ts to boost immunity
In layman language immunity means body's resistance to fight diseases or its ability to defend itself from foreign bodies. We can boost our immunity by following some simple do's and don'ts.
1) drink enough water - to get rid of the toxins and boost the metabolism.
2) get enough sleep- at least 7-8 hours but avoid oversleeping.
3) get ample sunlight-to boost vitamin d which is crucial for fending off diseases.
4) eat lots of vegetables- as well as fruits 6-7 servings in a day to boost antioxidants which fight free radicals.
5) eat some herbs and spice - like turmeric, garlic, ginger, indian gooseberry, ginseng.
6) stretch daily-at least 30 minutes daily for building strength and enhancing blood circulation.
1) avoid processed foods- as it cannot be digested and may create some gastrointestinal problem.
2) limit refined sugar - specially in beverages as they are immune depressant.
3) avoid cold foods- as cold foods and cold drinks reduce the digestive fire.
4) do not smoke and drink - as it can wane off all the energy you have.
5) limit allopathic medicines - especially life time medicines, rather try to modify your lifestyle to get rid of the problem.
6) do not overthink - as it can effect power of mind and surround you with negativity which can further effect your immunity and leave you lethargic!
All about indigestion
Bloating, burning sensation, forming of excess gas, nausea, acidic taste in mouth, feeling of vomiting or discomfort in stomach all are the indication of bad digestion.
Followings are the basic reasons of indigestion :
1) eat while talking or while watching tv.
2) eating close to bed time.
3) eating too quickly and eating chewing gum.
4) drinking from straw.
5) eating when you are stressed or in anger.
6) consumption of coffee or red wine.
7) taking pills specially pain killers, antibiotics or thyroid medications
Basic rules to be followed to keep you digestion at optimum:
1) try to eat meals on the same time daily.
2) eat slowly and chew the meal properly.
3) drink peppermint tea or ginger tea.
4) take natural probiotic like yogurt, pickles to keep your gut happy.
5) stay hydrated and limit foods which are high in fat.
SOME DOâS AND DONâTS TO BOOST IMMUNITY
In layman language immunity means bodyâs resistance to fight diseases or its ability to defend itself from foreign bodies .We can boost our immunity by following some simple doâs and donâts.
1)DRINK ENOUGH WATER - to get rid of the toxins and boost the metabolism.
2)GET ENOUGH SLEEP- at least 7-8 hours but avoid oversleeping .
3)GET AMPLE SUNLIGHT-to boost vitamin D which is crucial for fending off diseases .
4)EAT LOTS OF VEGETABLES- as well as fruits 6-7 servings in a day to boost antioxidants which fight free radicals .
5)EAT SOME HERBS AND SPICE - like turmeric, garlic , ginger , Indian gooseberry, ginseng .....
6)STRETCH DAILY-at least 30 minutes daily for building strength and enhancing blood circulation.
1)AVOID PROCESSED FOODS- as it cannot be digested and may create some gastrointestinal problem.
2)LIMIT REFINED SUGAR - specially in beverages as they are immune depressant.
3)AVOID COLD FOODS- as cold foods and cold drinks reduce the digestive fire .
4)DO NOT SMOKE AND DRINK - as it can wane off all the energy you have .
5)LIMIT ALLOPATHIC MEDICINES - especially life time medicines, rather try to modify your lifestyle to get rid of the problem.
6)DO NOT OVERTHINK - as it can effect power of mind and surround you with negativity which can further effect your immunity and leave you lethargic!!