Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. YokhashiYour feedback matters!
During menopause, estrogen production slows and then stops. There are a number of changes, which occur in your body during this time. Periods become irregular and then stop. You may have hot flashes, mood swings, a deeper voice and an increase in facial hair. Vaginal dryness is another common symptom of menopause. It becomes even more common after menopause. Vaginal dryness also can occur at any age from a number of different causes. It may seem like just a minor irritation; however, it can be a major problem when it comes to your sex life. Here is everything you need to know about vaginal dryness:
What causes vaginal dryness in women
Even though menopause is the most common cause of vaginal dryness, it can happen at any age and there are various causes of vaginal dryness as well. Here they are;
- Childbirth and Breastfeeding: Childbirth as well as breastfeeding result in lower levels of estrogen and this can lead to vaginal dryness.
- Sjogrens Syndrome: This is an autoimmune disorder in which your immune system attacks the moisture producing cells in your body.
- Douching: Douching is a common practice done by women wherein, they wash their vagina using water and vinegar, knowing little that it can actually cause dryness.
As mentioned earlier, vaginal dryness is caused by a lack of estrogen. Here are some of the ways that estrogen is supplied to your body;
- Vaginal Estrogen Ring: This is a ring inserted into your vagina, which releases a steady stream of estrogen into your vaginal tissues. It needs a replacement, generally after three months.
- Vaginal Estrogen Tablet: A special device called an applicator is used to insert an estrogen tablet into your vagina.
- Vaginal Estrogen Cream: This also needs to be inserted through an applicator. It will be applied daily for the first two weeks after which, it will be applied one to three times a week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
We are planning for a baby from last 2 years we did all the necessary check up my wife went through abortion 4 years back as we were not ready now we are planning but we are not able to succeed we did consult doctor we did proper medication also went through proper guidance as doctor suggested what else need to do as we really looking for baby.
Sweating is a normal function of the body, but some people sweat so much that their clothes are often drenched in sweat. Hyperhidrosis is a condition where the amount of sweat produced by the sweat glands cannot be regulated. It is characterized by excessive sweating commonly seen in the underarms, palms and soles. This disorder can affect a person at any age and if left untreated, can become a lifelong condition. Though this condition is not a serious threat to your health, it can be quite embarrassing and can hamper your lifestyle.
In many cases, there is no obvious trigger for Hyperhidrosis, and it is caused by the malfunctioning of the nervous system. This is known as primary Hyperhidrosis. Sweat is a function which helps the body cool itself. In cases of primary Hyperhidrosis, the brain sends a message to the sweat glands to produce sweat even though the body does not need to be cooled. A genetic mutation may also be the cause for some cases of Hyperhidrosis.
Hyperhidrosis with obvious trigger factors is known as secondary Hyperhidrosis. While primary Hyperhidrosis mostly affects the underarms, groin, palms and soles, secondary Hyperhidrosis can affect all parts of the body. Some of the common triggers for this condition are:
- Low blood sugar
- Medication side effects
- Alcohol or drug withdrawal
- Parkinson's disease
Hyperhidrosis can be challenging to diagnose and treat. Lifestyle changes are the easiest way to address this disorder. Some changes that can help you fight Hyperhidrosis are:
- Avoid spicy food and alcohol
- Replace deodorants with antiperspirants
- Choose cotton fabrics over synthetic fabrics
- Wear loose fitting clothes.
- Try using armpit shields and wearing absorbent socks.
Anticholinergic or antimuscarinic medicines can also help treat Hyperhidrosis. This keeps the nervous system from activating the sweat glands. Dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, abdominal cramps and difficulty in passing urine are some of the side effects associated with this medication. Iontophoresis is a more aggressive form of Hyperhidrosis treatment. This involves passing a weak electric current through a wet pad to the affected area to block the sweat glands. It is usually used to treat excessive sweating in the palms and soles.
Botox injections can also help treat Hyperhidrosis by blocking the brain signals to the sweat glands. However this is not a permanent cure and may need to be repeated after a year or so. Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy or a surgery to remove the sweat glands may also be recommended in extreme cases of Hyperhidrosis. This is usually seen as a permanent solution for excessive sweating, but are relatively new procedures and hence not very common.
I get a sivour pain in my vagina while my husband enters. Even when he insert his fingers I can't bear the pain and I cannot have sex with him. What is the solution for this, because we are unable to have sex?
Sir, I had intercourse on 6th of this month and left sperm in my wife's. But she had period on 17th of this month. Between mentioned dates had been to site seeing by bike to around 150kms. How many days to wait after ejecting sperm into vagina to get pregnancy? or I need to go for semen analysis?
Till how many days after intimacy can a contraceptive pill be consumed to dismiss the chance of pregnancy?
Myself and my fiance does not want any child for four years after marriage. So which is the best contraceptive pills to avoid pregnancy and with less side effects?
If after taking abortion pill at home and pregnancy not clear after 5 days of bleeding then what shall I do?
Which of the baby delivery is best. A normal delivery or a surgical delivery. Coz my frnd suggested me that by surgical delivery she has to face pain for a long time period and there would be big scars of stitches on her stomach. So please tell me about it.
I am 26 years old female married five months ago. Since last four months my periods come a week before due date i.e. I start bleeding after 18 or 20 days not after 28 or 30 days. Why? Please help.
My wife skipped her periods from last 2 months n we thought she s pregnant but showed no symptoms n tested in home using the card. But it showed negative result. Wat can be the reason. Wat should we do hereafter.
My doct prescribed me eema hp 5000 / 10000 injection and ecosprin tablets or other med next 1 and half month my last period date 1 april I an taking these med last two weeks today I done my ultrasound I am pregnant and it is normal why doctor suggest these med?
A pain in the neck or back can restrict movements and hamper your lifestyle. These are both common pains that may or may not be a symptom of a more serious illness. Neck pain can be caused by a number of factors including stress, whiplash, inflammatory infections, mechanical disorders and metabolic disorders. The main causes for a backache are vertebral column diseases, spinal cord infections, abnormal posture, heavy lifting etc.
Homeopathy is one of the most holistic forms of treatment that can be used to treat pain in the neck or back. Homeopathic treatment has no side effects and is based on individual mental and physical symptoms showcased. Homeopathy do not address the pain itself but treats the underlying cause thus ensuring that it does not recur.
Some common homeopathic remedies for neck pain and backaches are:
- Calcarea Flour: This is used to treat pains that arise from the hardening of cervical glands. Such pain tends to deteriorate in cold weather and worsens when the patient is lying down. Heat can be soothing to such backaches and neck pains.
- Bryonia: This is used typically to treat backaches that are worsened by any movement and for a stiff back. This sort of back ache is often relieved by resting or lying on a hard surface.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy for pains that follow an injury. When it comes to backaches and neck pains it can be used to treat soreness and straining of ligaments. It is also beneficial against the feeling of being bruised.
- Fluoric acid: This can be used to treat rigidity and a feeling of stiffness around the nape of the neck. Such pain is often associated with numbness of the neck and forearm.
- Hypericum: This is a useful homeopathic remedy for compressed injuries and nerve pain. It can be used to treat back aches caused by disc compression, canal stenosis, myelopathy and radiculopathy. Hypericum can also be used to treat jerking muscles.
- Kali carb: If your back feels weak and you experience sharp pains, Kali carb may be help alleviate your pain. Such pain is usually associated with a burning sensation and causes excessive sweating. Kali carb is also suited to treating backaches during pregnancy. You can also take the package for Reducing Joint/Muscle Pains.
Along with medication, try maintaining a good posture to help reduce neck pains and backaches. Avoid lifting heavy weights and travelling long distances. Applying hot and cold packs over the area can also help reduce the intensity of the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.