Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yogesh C Paul
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yogesh C PaulYour feedback matters!
My son 14 yrs, he is over weight 70 kg. Approx. 8/9 years ago due to jaundice he takes 4/5 KGS. Glucose. Please advice for loss his weight.
My daughter is 14 months old and one day suddenly there was no movement in her left part of the body. After the CT Scan and MR-Angio she was diagnosed with a clot and little bleeding in right capsular area of her brain. Later, the blood tests revealed that she has lesser Anti Thrombin Activity levels and Protein C, S levels. Neurologist has started medications (ecosprin) for few days and wants to repeat tests after 14 days. I am really worried and want my daughter to be healthy again. Please suggest me if these deficiencies are curable and if the current treatment is OK.
Mera 7 saal ka beta hai or wo abhi tak bed me hi susu kar deta hai. Maine homeopath b diya par koi faayda nhi. Bahut sharmindagi mehsus hoti hai. Please help anyone.
At a young age, it is fairly common to be afraid of math. The rational nature of numbers, multiplication tables, addition, subtraction and all that in between can admittedly be a tough thing to get on with at a tender age. But in most of the cases, this difficulty tends to improve as one attains maturity. This can be attributed to a growing familiarity with the subject and a subsequent change in the way of understanding certain things. But if your child suffers from a problem with understanding math even at a grown age, chances are he/she might be suffering from Dyscalculia- a special type of learning disorder that is characterized by a person’s inability to grasp the concepts of math or the very concept of numbers itself.
Dyscalculia generally occurs due to genetic factors. However, it is also possible to encounter this disorder if your child had suffered from significant brain injury in the past or have problems with remembering things. It is also possible to have this disorder, if your child is already suffering from Dyslexia ( a learning disorder which makes your child unable to read or understand written words).
The symptoms of Dyscalculia are as follows:
- Inability to recognize numbers and significant trouble while counting.
- Significant problems while performing basic additions, subtractions or divisions.
- Facing problems with how to use money or telling time.
- The problem with memorizing mathematical formulae or tables.
- Your child might be unable to discern exactly how to approach a math problem.
- Your child will be increasingly reluctant to go to a math class or feel tensed before math examinations.
- Inability to understand the basic functionality of numbers.
It is extremely important to remember that having this disorder does not necessarily mean your child has a bad academic record on the whole. Since this disorder can cause significant problems in the future for your child in terms of dealing with things in the real world, you should be extremely sensitive regarding its treatment.
The treatment of Dyscalculia might include:
- You should encourage your child more and more if they tend to get immensely frustrated with their math problems. If possible, try to help your child with his/ her homework.
- Strike a healthy relationship with your child. Make him realize that not being able to grasp the concept of numbers is not the end of the world. Explore his other skills. That might boost his lost confidence and might encourage him to approach math in a more efficient manner.
- You should try to make your child learn how to tell time or use money with little home exercises. If possible, try to make him learn the basic of math with daily activities like counting the number of flowers while walking down the streets.
- You must consult a specialist who will make your child learn numbers by following different modes other than writing. For example, the specialist might read a math problem to your child in order to make him understand the problem.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It's with respect to my 15 month old son. Could you please advice a list of fruits we can feed him with? His general diet like what should we give him for breakfast lunch evening filler and dinner. He is just about 10.5 kgs. Has been a colic child.
My kid has tooth decay problem for 3 teeth. Pls help me to do permanent filling r temporary filling N present he don't have any pain.
My son is 10 months old. From how many months water is given to kids? I give him milk, juices (including water however), but not water as a whole.
Hi, my kid is of 1.7 yrs old but he didn't started uttering words more than ma' ma n ba' ba' da' da, he delivered by lscs n a month before od edd, till now growth and development is good, he weighs 12kg, walks and moves at a pace, last month he'd seizures during fever but recovery was good, what could be the reason and what steps to be taken to get him talk, our 1st kid was good at sharing at his age.
1. Limit your child's consumption of sugar sweetened beverages
2. Encourage the consumption of fruits and vegetables
3. Eat meals together as a family as often as possible
4. Limit eating out especially at fast food restaurants
5. Adjust portion sizes appropriately as per their age
6. Limit TV and computer time to less than two hours.