Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yatim Shetty
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Yatim ShettyYour feedback matters!
ElSir/Madam i am suffering nasal allergy problem, I consult ENT doctor, doctor suggest Azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate nasal spray using life long, so that treatment are correct or not, and what is side effects, why they are cure permanently please explain.
My left tonsil is bulging out. I don’t have a soar throat and sometimes when I look down water drips from my right side of the nose. Please suggest some good antibiotic.
HI, My mother is suffering with too much dizziness after trauma injury of brain. In CT scan everything is clear. please tell any ayurvedic or homeopathic medicine as allopathic medicine is not working.
I have most throat allergy. Every times I suffering cough problem. please help me how can be normal.
Since past three six months I have started snoring loudly during sleep. Could you please provide your suggestions to stop snoring during sleep.
I have nasal problem, and my nose blocks every time even 12 months of the year. Can I get rid of it?
My throat is sore for the past one week but i am suffering from cold. Is there any connection between these two?
For the last 2 months. The bouts are very strong and result in urine spurt and vomit. Taken many cough syrups, anti allergic and steroid courses. No respite. Please advise. Throat remains irritated all the time.
Allergic rhinitis is a type of inflammation in the nose, which occurs when the immune system overreacts to allergens in the air.The signs and symptoms of allergic rhinitis include a runny or stuffy nose; sneezing, red, itchy, and watery eyes; and swelling around the eyes. The nose fluid is typically transparent. Also, nasal congestion, postnasal drip, sore throat, anosmia, coughing, frequent headaches, eczema-type symptoms, such as extremely dry, itchy skin that often have blisters and hives can also be seen.
Symptom onset is usually within minutes post exposure. It can affect sleep, the ability to work, and the ability to concentrate at school. Those people whose symptoms are due to pollen typically develop symptoms during specific times of the year. Many individuals with allergic rhinitis also show asthma, allergic conjunctivitis, or atopic dermatitis.
Rhinitis can be classified into two types:
- 1. Allergic rhinitis: It occurs due to a weak immune system and due to allergens, such as pollen, dust, mites, etc.
- 2. Nonallergic rhinitis: In this case, rhinitis is not due to allergens and characterized by a runny nose and nasal blockage throughout the year.
According to ayurveda, allergic rhinitis is compared with Vata-Kapha pratishaya. The concept of Ama (toxins) and Virudhaahara (incompatible foods, such as fish with milk, fruit juice with milk, clarified butter with honey, ice cream after night meals, etc.) leads to allergic rhinitis. The main motive behind the treatment of all diseases is to keep the doshas in equilibrium.
In ayurveda, there are three steps in treating any disease, namely samsodhana (cleansing process), samsamana (palliative measures), and nidanaparivarjana (treating the cause). Pathya (diet regimen) is given, and also, Shodhan chikitsa is advised. It is essentially a body purification therapy which eradicates toxins and refurbishes the tridhoshas, namely, Vatha, Pitha, and Kapha, to a balanced condition.
Following ayurvedic treatment procedures are used to treat allergic rhinitis:
- Shiro abhyanga: During this treatment, either specific oils or herbal preparations are applied on the forehead.
- Mukha abhyanga: It is a classical method of facial massage and detoxification, which is done by using an herbal cream.
- Swedana: It involves sudation or sweating.
- Nasya: It involves the introduction of medicines through the nose.
- Lepa/Talam: It involves an application of herbal medicines in the form of a paste, which is applied externally.
One should also keep the following diet and lifestyle modifications in mind:
- Have freshly-prepared, warm food.
- Avoid stale and junk food.
- Kapha-aggravating foods, such as dairy, wheat, sugar, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, bananas, oranges, and grapefruits, should be avoided.
- Cover your nose in dusty or cold surroundings.
- Whenever you feel slight congestion, take a steam inhalation treatment.
- Avoid sleeping in the open and cover yourself properly before going to sleep.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!