Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Y PandeYour feedback matters!
My gf love to do anal sex now a days but i'm not interested on tat becoz of any effects may occur. So please clear my doubt is thr any problem in anal sex. Thanks for your kind answer.
My periods will be regular. This month didn't get it. It's already one week over. I want to know y it is like this and what I should do for this.
My girlfriend is having pain on the nipples and sometimes at the right side of the abdomen also. Could this be sign of pregnancy? She had contraceptive pill though.
It has started since class 8. I had consulted with many doctors but due to my careless in taking meds, I couldn't get better. It is polycystic ovary problem. I go on flow for 25-30 days in a cycle.
If a girl's hymen is broke, how can I understand whether it was broke by doing sex or by sports activity. Please Explain.
I am 45 yrs female. Used to lead sedentary life. Gained weight on tummy area. Height 5ft 1 inch weight 65kg. No thyroid or diabetes issue. Started to workout in gym. What medicine to help pcos. Thanks a lot.
Addiction is the absolute dependency on a particular substance or situation. Substance addiction includes a variety of substances apart from alcohol and drugs. Examples include porn, food, chocolate, nicotine, etc. Situation addiction includes gambling, shopping and sex among others. The problem in our society with addiction is it is treated like a choice than as a major problem faced by an individual. De-addiction is the process of ridding the individual of his dependence on certain substances or activities.
- Rehabilitation psychology studies the process of de-addiction and helps addicts blend with the normal lifestyle. Rehab centers offer several forms of therapy to reduce substance usage.
- Group therapy is always the go to form of therapeutic technique to deal with cases of addiction owing to the common feeling among users that people who aren’t addicted and do not know what they’re going through. In those cases, it is rather important to have support from a group of people who are exactly where they are.
- Family therapy is also essential to make the individual know how their loved ones feel and also remind them of the unconditional support. Some rehab centers also use the horse therapy (focuses on interaction with horses which facilitates emotional and occupational development in patients) which is rather interesting to witness.
- In addition to therapy, rehab centers teach life skills and cooperation. Apart from all this, drugs are also prescribed to deal with addiction along with the weekly scheduled personal therapy sessions.
Although an unfamiliar concept in India, halfway homes are the next step after the rehab. The individuals learn different skills and ways to manage themselves outside the house while still continuing their therapy. This is done to make sure one doesn’t relapse right after the rehabilitation has been completed. Most rehabs also suggest support group meetings. Even otherwise support groups are extremely effective in the de-addiction process. ‘Alcoholics Anonymous’ and ‘Narcotics Anonymous’ are two of the most widely managed support groups around the world.
Addiction is an immense issue which has spiraled out of control in today’s times. However, it is necessary to understand it isn’t the question of the individual’s morality. The removal of labels and stigma is essential in the entire process. Support from loved ones is an extremely important step towards de-addiction, right after the acceptance that one is addicted. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Trying for second child I am 38 years with all reports normal. Trying for last two months I hav 5 yr. Old daughter pl. Suggest.
My partner was supposed to have her periods on 29th of December. We had sex a week before. I used condom and she took a pill too within 4 hours. Its 31st December, she is still not getting her periods. Is there any risk that I should worry about. Is there any chance of her getting pregnant? Should I buy her a prega news?
Omega-3 fatty acids are extremely beneficial in preventing inflammation in your body and provide significant health benefits. It is important to get a proper source of omega-3 because our bodies do not produce them naturally. Hence, we are dependent on supplements and pills to help provide the necessary amount of omega-3 required.
Unfortunately, fish is considered to be the best source for omega-3 fatty acids making it difficult for vegetarians and people who don’t have a preference for fish to obtain omega-3. There are other ways to include omega-3 in your daily diet, apart from fish, to help your body get the right amount.
Soybeans provide consistent means of getting omega 3 vitamins, as compared to marine life. Since the supply of fish is highly unreliable, it is essential to obtain omega 3 vitamins through a consistent land based means. Soybeans is easier to obtain and grow and has a higher shelf life than fish.
Spinach is one of the most healthiest vegetables to consume, containing high source of protein and fiber. Spinach also has omega 3 vitamins which provide a good alternative for vegetarians. One cup of cooked spinach contains 371mg of omega 3 fatty acids. No wonder spinach is ranked at the top of the world’s healthiest edible items.
We have already written about the benefits of walnuts when it comes to dieting and leading a healthy lifestyle. But did you know walnuts also have high omega 3 content? not only do they provide energy because of their high caloric content and keep you feeling full, walnuts provide an alternative means to get omega 3 vitamins if you are feeling a little lazy to cook.
4. Flax seeds
Flax seeds are a convenient way to get omega 3 and could be consumed in different ways. Although flax seeds contain only one member of the omega 3 fatty acids, alpha-linolenic acid, it has the highest amount of omega 3 found in all edible items apart from fish. Flax seeds can be included in pretty much any dish and make it a high source of omega 3 vitamins.
5. Wild rice
Wild rice is a good substitute for white or brown rice because it contains more antioxidents and is also gluten-free. It has high omega 3 content and is also a much healthier substitute to white rice. Although wild rice is not as readily available as white or brown rice, because of its high nutritional value, it is recommended to include it as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Surprisingly, basil is one of the many herbs found to have high source of omega-3. It also has several significant health benefits because of the anti-oxidants present in them. The anti-oxidants helps in preventing aging by helping your body fight against oxidative stress.
7. Kidney beans
Kidney beans are a great addition to any dish providing it with unique flavour and texture. Although it doesn’t compare to fish in omega-3 content, it provides adequate amount to help your health significantly. It also is a great source of fiber, which helps prevent any digestive problems. Include kidney beans in your diet.
I am having I pill after 2 hours of first intercourse just before one day of my expected period. Ie. 15 is my expected period and I had it on 14 of may and today is 18of may and I have not get withdrawal bleeding and period till now. Am I pregnant.
I am 30 years old woman & planning for marriage this year, as I heard late marriage will be problematic for child birth.
I and my boyfriend had unprotected sex during my 3rd day of period after sex within 1 hr I took i-pill but after 5 days also m bleeding in small amount m worried that there is a chance to get pregnant pls answer doctor.
I have a 5 years old girl. At the time of delivery I had face serious bleeding .there was no chance to survive. So now can I think for 2nd issue.
Many women experience unusual vaginal bleeding between periods at some point in their lives. It is also known as metrorrhagia. Vaginal bleeding is thought to be abnormal in the following cases:
1. When your menstrual period is not expected
2. When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than normal
3. At unexpected stages in life. For example, when you are pregnant or after you have attained menopause.
Bleeding during periods is not a normal condition. Usually, the duration of the cycle is about 21 – 35 days. Abnormal vaginal bleeding has numerous conceivable causes. Independently, it doesn't show a genuine condition.
- Mid-cycle bleeding can be caused due to ovulation.
- Two hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle are progesterone or oestrogen. A condition of hormonal imbalance which is known as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOs) causes interference with normal ovulation. This results in problems in thyroid glands as well as causes dysfunctional ovaries.
- Medications such as birth control pills are capable of causing abnormal bleeding, especially with the irregular intake of such medications.
- Infections or inflammation caused in the pelvic regions such as uterus, vagina, cervix, ovaries or fallopian tubes are capable of causing abnormal bleeding. STIs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and PIDs (Pelvic inflammatory disease) are often the cause of such a condition.
- Although Cancer is not one of the primary causes, cancer in organs such as the uterus, vagina, cervix and ovaries are capable of causing abnormal bleeding during periods.
How it can prevented
- Maintaining a healthy diet. Women who are either underweight or overweight tend to have more problems with abnormal bleeding
- Relaxation practices should be followed so that stress is reduced. Stress can cause abnormal bleeding.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) should be consumed to reduce menstrual bleeding. Examples are ibuprofen or naproxen.
- In case of consumption, birth control pills should be taken as per the prescription only and regularly at the same time.
- Hormone therapy (using external hormones in a medical treatment) can be used in order to regulate menstrual cycles, stabilize the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus as well as to rectify hormonal imbalances. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.