Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Y. PandeYour feedback matters!
My wife of 42, What is the best contraceptive pills. Daily or weekly or monthly or six monthly. We use saheli, it fails, we use ayurvedic b gap, it fails, we use copper T, it fails, nonstop bleeding. Just abortion last month. I do not like to use condoms. We do not want vascatomy or tubectomy. She used MALA Dfor a long time, with this lactation starts. But now she starts MALA D again from her mensuration cycle. Is it safe. What should we do to avoid pregnancy. We want to do direct sex, without using any condom. Pl guide.
The lower part of uterus, which eventually leads into the vagina in the female reproductive system in humans is called the cervix uteri or in simple words, cervix. The inflammation of this part of the reproductive system is called Cervicitis.
Inflammation in the cervix is caused due to irritation, infection or injury to the cells, which align the cervix. Any one of a number of infections, mainly sexually transmitted diseases can cause cervicitis, of which the most common are chlamydia , mycoplasma , ureaplasma and gonorrhea. Chlamydia accounts for almost 40% of the total cases. Less common causes of cervicitis are Trichomoniasis (Trichomonas vaginalis) and Genital herpes. Other than STDs, causes for Cervicitis include allergies, bacterial imbalance, injury or irritation resulting from pessaries, tampons, hormonal imbalance and even cancer or its treatment (radiation therapy).
Some cases of cervicitis in women can be symptomless. However, in most cases, symptoms are present, and they include:
1. Persistence of gray or white vaginal discharge that may or may not smell
2. Vaginal bleeding under certain conditions eg. in between periods or after sex
5. Difficulty or pain during urination
6. In rare cases, fever or pain in the abdomen
Cervicitis has no typical form of treatment. Treatment may not be needed in cases where the cause is not a sexually transmitted infection. On suspicion of an infection, the main objectives of the treatment are the removal of the infection and obstructing its spread to the fallopian tubes and uterus, or in case of pregnancy, to the baby.
The medical prescription issued by your doctor would depend on the organism, which is causing the infection. It may include Antibiotics, Antifungal medications or Antiviral medications. Cryosurgery, a process, which freezes the abnormal cells in the cervix using freezing temperatures, may also be performed by your doctor. In severe cases, where there is damage to the cervical cells, your doctor can apply silver nitrate (destroys abnormal cells).
Recommendations from your doctor may also ask your partner to be treated so as to prevent recurrence of the disease and to avoid intercourse as long as the treatment is in process. Treatment is mandatory if you are tested to be HIV positive. Moreover, having cervicitis makes you more prone to receive the virus from a HIV positive partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 25 year old guy I had gud sex life but from when my gf when to home for preparing for exam m not having sex and not getting any erectile energy from past 1 month there is no blood feeling in my penis vessels, I mean I try to mastrubate my self but it not getting tight, like dis never happened before n now m worried. Please help me.
I had to take I-pill last week. And yesterday I got my period in 15 days only. I m feeling v weak. Is it normal? What should I do?
I am having periods and it my first day. N I jad sex with my boyfriend. N my boyfriend was not wearing condom. And his liquid has gone inside me. So do I have to take unwanted 72 or not plzz suggests me as soon as possible. N is their any bad effect in having sex in periods. Wat will b the effect on him for doing sex without protection. N do I need to have pills or not?
Most medications are used because of their one particular therapeutic effect. However, invariably, they affect other organs or systems and produce some good and some adverse effects. The same happens with birth control pills (BCPs), which are the most commonly used method of contraception. It is also the most effective method. It contains the female hormones estrogen and progesterone in various combinations and these have an effect on various body functions, so it should come as a surprise that regular use of BCPs leads to a number of side effects.
Read on to know more
- Intermenstrual bleeding: This is the most common side effect and occurs in about 90% of the women, but usually subsides within 3 months. They experience bleeding between their regular periods. While mere spotting can be ignored, bleeding for more than 4 to 5 days needs a visit to the doctor.
- Missed period: It is very essential to take the pill at the same time daily. Sometimes, a period might be missed or may be very light and this should be reported.
- Effect on libido: While some report a decrease in libido, there are others who experience an increased sex drive. This depends on the individual and not consistent.
- Vaginal discharge: The amount and type of discharge can change when on the pill. Decreased lubrication may lead to a reduced sex drive, as it might be painful. If the discharge is foul-smelling or looks suspicious for an infection, then a doctor should be consulted.
- Mood changes: Changes in mood and prominent mood swings are very common in women using contraceptives, with many feeling depressed often.
- Effects on breasts: While it is not yet proven if they increase the risk of breast cancer, most women experience breast enlargement, tenderness, and sometimes pain. This is more common in between their periods.
- Headaches and migraine: BCPs are also proven to have worsening effects on migraine and headaches.
- Circulatory effects: Oral contraceptives increase the chances of heart attack and stroke, especially in women who are over 35 and are smokers. Most women experience a slight increase in blood pressure and are more prone to form blood clots. It is essential that contraceptives are used under medical guidance only.
- Digestive effects: Oral contraceptives can cause loss of appetite, changes in body weight, diarrhea, and nausea. The weight gain is also attributed to increased fluid retention, especially in the hip and breast areas.
- Skin: Some women may experience skin rashes and acne and sometimes hair loss due to the increased level of hormones in circulation.
It is very important that the pill is taken at the same time for best results. Any suspicious symptom should be immediately reported to the doctor.
My breast is getting bigger in size day by day .how can I reduce my breast. Tell some exercise or other thing so that it can be reduced in size .
My MC DATE IS 2nd of every months but from past one month my MC IS NOT CLEAR N NOW IS SECOND MONTH IS ALSO SAME WILL UH GUIDE US WHAT TO DO NEXT N M RECENTLY MARRIED GIRL.
Hello doctor I am 24 year girl and I have vaginal white discharge everyday. But there is no itching, burning, bad odor, and swelling and not feeling any problem in urine also. So is this normal to have small amount of white discharge on undergarments everyday. Thanks.
I gained 10 kgs during pregnancy. Most of it is thigh weight. I have undergone. C section and am still healing. To reduce my thigh muscles wat kind of exercise should I follow.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
हींग: बढ़ती ठंड के कारण आप भी कफ की शिकार हो गई हैं तो हींग को पानी में उबालें। पानी जब हल्का गर्म रहे तो उसे छानकर उस पानी को पिएं। कफ की समस्या में कमी आप खुद महसूस करेंगी। इसके अलावा गैस की समस्या के कारण अगर पेट दर्द हो रहा है तो हींग में हल्का-सा नमक मिलाएं और उसे खाएं। पेट दर्द की परेशानी दूर हो जाएगी। तेजपत्ता: तेजपत्ता के तेज में एंटीफंगल और एंटी बैक्टीरियल गुण होते हैं और फंगल या बैक्टीरियल इंफेक्शन को दूर करने में यह कारगर होता है।
लाल मिर्च: लाल मिर्च में एंटीऑक्सिडेंट्स होते हैं। ये कोलेस्ट्रॉल की बढ़ती मात्र पर अंकुश लगाते हैं और साथ ही कैलोरीज कम करने में भी मदद करते हैं।
दालचीनी: यह शरीर में इंसुलिन के प्राकृतिक निर्माण को बढ़ावा देता है और कोलेस्ट्रॉल को नियंत्रित रखता है।
लौंग: दांत या मसूढ़े में दर्द है तो मुंह में एक लौंग रख लें। दर्द में लाभ मिलेगा। सीने में दर्द, बुखार, पेट की परेशानियां और सर्दी-जुकाम में भी लौंग फायदेमंद साबित होता है।
इलायची: खीर या मिठाई आदि में आप इलायची के पाउडर का इस्तेमाल तो करती ही होंगी। पर क्या आपको मालूम है, मुंह की बदबू दूर करने में भी इलायची कारगर है। इसके अलावा पेट की समस्याओं को भी यह दूर करती है। अगर डायबिटीज की समस्या है तो साबुत इलायची खाएं।
जीरा: जीरा आयरन का एक अच्छा स्नोत है और शरीर की रोगप्रतिरोधक क्षमता को मजबूत रखने में कारगर होता है। पेट खराब होने की स्थिति में पानी में जीरा उबालने के बाद उस पानी को छानकर पीने से लाभ मिलता है।
अदरक: ठंड के मौसम में अदरक वाली चाय पीने की सलाह तो आपने हजार बार सुनी होगी। अदरक कफ और कोल्ड से बचाने का काम करता है। इसके अलावा यह पाचन तंत्र को भी मजबूत रखता है।
करी पत्ता: रायते के स्वाद को बेहतर बनाने वाला करी पत्ता खून में शुगर की मात्र को कम करने में भी मददगार है।
मेथी: अगर डायबिटीज की शिकार हैं तो हर दिन जरा-सी मेथी खाएं। असर जल्द ही महसूस करेंगी। इसके अलावा मेथी कोलेस्ट्रॉल कम करने में भी मददगार होती है।
लहसुन: ठंड के मौसम में सेहतमंद और सर्दी-जुकाम से बचकर रहना है तो अपने खाने में लहसुन को शामिल करें। इसमें एंटीबायोटिक गुण होते हैं। इसके अलावा जोड़ों के दर्द को दूर करने में भी लहसुन वाला तेल फायदेमंद है।
पीली सरसों: सरसों का तेल शरीर की मसाज में और बालों के सही विकास में उपयोगी माना जाता है। सरसों ओमेगा-3 फैटी एसिड का अच्छा स्नोत है। यह आयरन, जिंक, मैग्नीशियम, कैल्शियम और प्रोटीन से भी भरपूर होता है।
काली मिर्च: सर्दी-जुकाम और इंफेक्शन से बचाने के अलावा काली मिर्च मांसपेशियों के दर्द को दूर करने में भी कारगर होती है। काली मिर्च के इस्तेमाल से पाचन तंत्र से जुड़ी परेशानियों से भी छुटकारा पाया जा सकता है।
हल्दी: तमाम दवा खाने के बाद भी कफ से निजात नहीं मिल रही है तो हल्दीवाला दूध पिएं, फायदा मिलेगा। हल्दी त्वचा संबंधी परेशानियों को दूर करने में भी मददगार है। यह शरीर की रोगप्रतिरोधी क्षमता को मजबूत बनाती है, जिससे शरीर बीमारियों से लड़ने के लिए खुद को तैयार कर लेता है
Hmari shaadi ko dedh saal ho gaya but I am not pregnent jab hum sex karte hain to jo wo liquid girth hai wo mere se bahar aa jaana hai why please tell me.
I am 24 years old female I got married 1 year ago I recently consulted doctor regarding not getting pregnancy under the suggestion from my parents doctor told that there is no need of using tablets and she had given me to use vito dha tablets whether it is necessary for me if yes why if not why tell me detailed answer regarding this one. If there is any problem for me if I use that tablet and she had given me syrup named EVECare syrup to take 6spoons daily for 1 month is it necessary why if not why tell me answer in detail please.
I had my last period on 13th september 2015. I checked twice by prega news the result came negative. Is everything alright? I am really tensed. Is there anything to worry?
Patra panda sweda(ela kizhi) is a specialized therapy which is performed for the diseases related to Bones, muscles and nerves. Patra means leaves of medicinal plants. Pinda means a bolus. Sweda means Fomentation or sudation. The swedana karma or sudation therapy which is given by using a bolus which is prepared by the different combination of medicinal leaves which is processed with medicinal oil along with the medicinal herbs is called as patra panda sweda or ela kizhi. This procedure is unique, which comprises both snehana (oleation) and swedana (sudation) (snehayukta swedana)
Benefits of Patra Pinda Sweda:
It strengthens and rejuvenates the bones, muscles and nerves
Strengthens the tissues
Increases the circulation
Provides color and complexion of the skin
Helps to Reduce pain, inflammation and stiffness of the muscles
Induces good sleep and reduces the stress.