Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vk GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have a wound caused my some unknown reason on shoulder which is not healing .my age is 55 pls reply me some cream ty.
I have suffered from face skin tanning. I am of 18 yrs. I want natural quick nd effective method to get my original colour back. Do you have one?
Hello Dr. my name asif Sir my face is black. please increasing white colour. please I am wi8 4 you r msge. Pls solve my prblm. Any medicine for prblm solve.
We would like to go for bariatric sleeve surgery for my son who is 140 kg. We were told by the families of persons who have undergone this that the patient will be given one or two spoonfuls of food at a time in the first one or two months. They say patients will cry for food after operation Is it so scary. Can you explain a bit on food intake after bariatric surgery for first one or two months.
My face with black marks and spots and pimples I want to see my clear fair face please give me some medicines to get off it.
My skin colour is fair but my vagina is dark is there any medicine to change the colour of my vagina.
Washing your skin with water is something that you probably do daily, but you may not know at what temperature the water should be. Using water at the correct temperature is advantageous for the skin. Water at extreme temperatures is harmful for the skin as your skin is not designed that way.
The temperature of the water should also depend on the purpose for which it is being used. Here are some tips on how to set the temperature of the water depending on the purpose:
- Showering: While showering, if you are using hot water, then it may strip your skin of its essential oils and make it vulnerable to dryness. This may cause various skin complications, such as cracked and rough skin. Hence, use lukewarm water while you shower.
- Washing your hair: Using hot water to wash your hair may lead to hair damage as it rids your hair of all the essential oils and makes it limp and dull. Lukewarm to normal water is recommended while washing your hair as it will allow the hair to retain its natural oils.
- Brushing: The right temperature of water while brushing your teeth should optimally be lukewarm. Too cold or hot water can lead to teeth sensitivity and cause oral problems.
- Washing your face: Before you apply a cleansing agent on your face, use warm water to wet the face as it helps to open up your pores. After the cleansing agent is applied, then use cold water to wash your face. Cold water helps in closing the pores after the impurities are removed from the skin.
- Shaving: If you are going to shave, then opt for warm water as it opens the pores up and thus makes it easier for the blade to glide through the skin. This also reduces the risk of razor burns on your skin.
- Washing your feet: Wash your feet with lukewarm water as it facilitates dead cell removal and also helps in getting rid of warts.
I am 42 years old female and have pigmentation on my cheeks have been taking antioxidant tablets applying skin lightening cream but didn't work I have thyroid take eltroxin 25 mg.
I am very upset with face can you tell me please how to make my skin smooth and glass look. And also tell proper diet.
How should I treat my skin because I am having dark spots on my skin I have tried many creams but tell any effective thing?
Sir I am suffering from a serious problem of black heads. I did many treatments and used many cosmetics but no result is come. Now what I will have to do?
Hi I am Karan Chhabra from kanpur, up.I am 13 years old. I was fair 2-3 years back but now my skin has become medium brown as I worked in sun for a long time. Some people were suggesting me glutathione pills. Can you please suggest that which glutathione pills should I refer that has no side effects? Please help me out.
I have some deep scars on my face may be because of the suffering from chicken pox in childhood. So now I feel not good with this and want to remove it totally and live a healthy life with glowing skin. Is it possible then how?
I am 28 year Old Male. On my face I have large holes which caused by acne and also few scars also there. Please suggest me the best treatment to close or minimize the large holes. Note: I have a sensitive oily skin.
Sir /mam I'm having acne. Previous six months I used skin lite cream. To whitening my skin. Now I am not using the cream. So please suggest me a skin whitening cream.
Plantar warts are a common occurrence in children, so are palmer warts. These warts are named so according to where they appear in the body. Palmer warts occur on the hands, and plantar warts on the bottom of the foot.
What causes plantar warts and palmer warts?
Plantar warts and palmer warts are caused by a viral infection in the top layer of the skin. The virus strain here is called human papillomavirus or HPV. (Take note that while many strains of the virus exist, those that cause genital warts are different from the ones that cause plantar warts). The resulting warts are non-cancerous growths but are often mistaken to be malignant. In fact, most warts go away in a year or two if you leave them alone without treatment. However, depending on the location they may cause minor pain or irritation. For a self-conscious person, the wart may cause people to shy away from clothes and situations that require their exposure.
How do you identify a plantar wart?
Think of any yesteryear movies where the villains had a distinct look to make them look malicious. Such villains were often planted with a plantar wart! Both plantar and palmer warts are generally small to the size of a small thermocol ball, although some tend to grow bigger. Sometimes, the warts appear in clusters called mosaic warts. Sometimes, a seed like dot appears on the wart as a result of a blood vessel growing into it. Such warts are also called seed warts. Because of the constant pressure from walking and standing, planter warts don't tend to stick about the skin as much as palmer or other warts.
Here are 3 ways to get rid of plantar warts
- Try some home remedies: Home remedies described here are quite effective but may take a while before the effects are visible. Also the warts may be painful during the treatment period making it difficult for you to walk. Start by soaking your feet in warm water to soften the wart. Use an isolated nail file or pumice stone to remove the top layer of dead skin. (Make sure you don't reuse the tool for anything else). Next, go for a salicylic acid treatment in the form of liquid, gel or patches. You can also follow this up with a duct tape treatment for 7 days and then remove the duct tape. You can also try freezing the wart with an over the counter medicine like Compound W Freeze Off and Dr. Scholl's Freeze Away. During any home remedy, if the wart starts bleeding, oozes blood or pus or becomes painful you may need an intervention from a medical specialist.
- Prevent plantar warts: You get infected with plantar warts through exposure to skin scales that are infected by the virus. Watch for contagious spreading in closed rooms with skin exposures like changing lockers and common showers.
- Consult a doctor to try a strong salicylic acid treatment, laser treatment immunotherapy or even surgical options to remove the wart.