Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek AryaYour feedback matters!
Respected Sir/Madam, I have a girl child of age 4 years. She has so many problem from her birth time. At the time of birth she cry after 5 minutes for birth aphasia. During 1st month she admitted several time at nursing home for dyreh, dehydration etc . From that time she has delayed milestone problem.Her neck stiffen after 6 months, she start crawling after 18th month & standup and start walking after 30th months. After 2years of her age we are go to Bangalore ,after so many test and MRI doctors are said she has brain sell damaged . Now my daughter can walk near about normally ,she can understand most our talk, she can follow most our instruction but she can not talk, only few word she can say, like ma,baba etc. For this we consult with speech therapist but Doctor said my daughter have lack of concentration ,so he just now are not able to help me for this. So please suggest me what can I do now , we have to maintain any special diet chart, we are doing physio therapy from the beginning also add dha supplement from her 2 years of age. So please send me reply with suggestion & advice at earliest as possible. Thanking you
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My daughter is 1.4years old, she is having giant nevus CMN on her face, covering right eye forehead and chick. Please suggest action of treatment along with type of surgery if required.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My 3 years old son has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma presenter long term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
According breast feed: I had stopped feeding my 4th month baby after 2 month. Now lactation stopped completely. Can I get back usual like breast feed as 2 month .what I have to do.
Children with highly involved parents had enhanced social functioning and fewer behaviour problems.
My son 19 months old does not speak yet. He just says mam-mam and ish ishhh most of the time. Nothing more then that. I try to talk to him and show him things. But he does not speak anything else. Is there anything I must do for him?
My son completed 6 months and on mother feed but he is not taking any IRON & CALCIUM syrups. But mother is taking calcium & iron tablets regularly. Pls suggest whether need to start any iron & calcium syrups for my son and if yes then which one. Would like to give any homeopathic supplement.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.