Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
For new born baby 2nd day. Mother feeding milk is not available, what is the alternative feed please suggest than.
My baby is 4 month old and as he rolling due to pressure on stomach he is vomiting 8-10 times and his toilet is yellowish color proper but doing 3 to 4 times a day little little. Here he is drinking and then rolling and then vomiting. He is not vomiting milk but its like curd. I consult a Dr. he suggested perinorm 8 drops thrice a day is it safe to give him perinorm as I have read a lot of side effect of perinorm. If not perinorm than kindly suggest a substitute for the same.
3 crucial things a newborn needs the most
Newborns primarily need your love, care, and attention. If you aren't sure whether you're on the right track with your little one, read on to find out the 3 most important things that your newborn needs:
1. Skin-to-skin contact: one of the best ways to speed up the bonding process with your newborn is by having as much as possible skin-to-skin contact with your child. This is important as the newborn connects through smell and touch during this time. The senses of your baby are naturally tuned to react to the feel of your bare skin and your distinctive smell.
Many studies also suggest that close physical contact can help in reducing stress in your newborn so as to allow its biological drive to come through and easily latch onto your breast to feed itself. In other words, it ensures a higher chance of getting the newborn started on breast milk in case your child is not taking to your breasts easily.
2. To be breastfed: the best food for your baby is milk that is produced by you. Breast milk offers a host of benefits that go beyond basic nourishment. According to research conducted by the national institute of environmental health sciences, a child faces 20% lower chances of dying between the ages of 28 days and 1 year if he or she is breastfed.
Protecting your child from illnesses such as childhood cancers or type 1 and type 2 diabetes, allergies, and obesity are some of the very important benefits that mother's milk can provide.
3. Swaddling your baby right: wrapping a blanket snugly around the body of your newborn can help calm your little one and promote sleep. Several studies reveal that this technique of swaddling (which is done to resemble the mother's womb) if done correctly can bring about longer and better sleep for your child as well as reduce instances of crying. It also ensures your baby stays warm and comfortable.
Helo doctor, Kindly tell you that my daughter is 4 months old and she has a problem of contamination. She takes more than 3 days to clear it. Please give some remedies for this solution.
What You Need to Know About Epilepsy And Seizures in Children!
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties.
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.
Here are habits to implement today to maintain that perfect smile for you and your family tomorrow
As women at work or at home, we are responsible for the health of those around us. If you are a compassionate and caring mother, daughter, sister or wife looking after the dental health of your family becomes imperative to their well being.
Here are some useful habits that can go a long way in keeping you and your family smiling for years.
#1 go soft automatic
Rev up your brushing-use an automated tooth brush. This maybe true for not only you as a woman but for your family. Make sure you switch them to an automatic or motorized brush with soft or extra soft bristles. This works best since it takes the guesswork out of brushing and improves your and your children's technique even if they're sleepy in the morning.
#2 dental emergency kit
Keeping a dental emergency kit loaded with some essentials like a basic dental painkiller (as prescribed), clove oil, some dental floss and a toothpick (not a habit recommended by us but when things get lodged and cause pain it maybe the last resort)
#3 vitamin check
Best way of ensuring good tooth and bone health is to ensure good levels of vitamins vitamin d3, calcium especially if you're beating menopause and even iron, b complex to prevent anaemias which can be detected orally. Deficiencies of vitamins and essential minerals can make your family more susceptible to oral health problems.
#4 gift a smile
Gift your dependents a great smile be it preventive treatments for your young ones like our decay protection programme which ensures they never have to feel dental pain like we have, or the braces intervention campaign which helps guide teeth to proper positions at an early age. More questions about your young ones dental health
For the elderly who missed out on a lot of preventive dental work can now enjoy the benefits of latest technology giving them fixed teeth instead of removable dentures.
#5 start a trend-family oral health checkup
Mark a day in your calendar a public holiday or the beginning of the year a time that you can easily remember and as a family get an annual checkup to not only ensure that you do not suffer from any dental problems but also early detection of any upcoming medical issues can be done.
Respected Doctor. my 20 month old daughter is so much weak in body and had less growth. and having less weight of just 7.7 kg. So kindly suggest some medicine and this body weight is how much less? is it serious condition or not? kindly help. Thanking you.
Pihu is my 8 months old daughter. She is having loose motions for about 3-4 days. I am giving her khichdi, boiled potato n rice. Also I have her z n d solution but no effect. One day she is fine, other day the same. Kindly suggest asap. Also help me with some weight gain tips as she is 8 months n her weight is only 6.5 kgs.
My baby has turned six months old now. I want to start baby cereals. Which cereal is better nutricia farex or nestle cerelac?
I am having a one year old baby boy. He is not eating anything besides needed milk by his mother. What should we do?
My 6 months old baby I feel is now reacting slowly to pur voice from last 2 days. Earlier her reaction was instant but now she keeps busy in her even though is speak out her name from side she does not look at my sise and if looks that too when I repeatedly keeps on speaking. One night I was feeding her cerelac she cried very badly and that too for quiet a long time. After that only this noticed this slow reaction to voice. Is this normal or there is anything to worry. Kindly suggest.
Hi, My son is 4 years old. Around 6 days back he had an attack of cold / flu, which is prevalent nowadays. We consulted doctor and he prescribed typical medication except antibiotic. From yesterday his cough has gone from bad to worse, esp at night, when he is coughing for hours. We again consulted the doctor who now gave antibiotic (which if given earlier might not led to the severe coughing!). We changed doctor also to cross check and be sure, where we came to know that there might be a case of bronchitis that is causing excessive coughing at night. Medication is going on and the doc has suggested it will take few days to get cured. Since medication is going on, we are concerned about the coughing at night. Is there some home solutions to keep coughing at night in check. Please suggest.
Mera baby 1 month ka he. Use kabhi kabhi ulti hoti he. Me ye puchna chahti hu ke use ulti hone ke kitne time ke bad me use feeding karva sakti hu?
Children with highly involved parents had enhanced social functioning and fewer behaviour problems.