Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal GargYour feedback matters!
My eye has 6 number of glasses? How to remove them? Any natural process. Last system is success how many? If 6or above number then laser system success?
I am Venu. My age 20. My eyes getting red. When iam studying? That time iam getting more tears can't study well. What the problem for my eys. This problem face last 1 week.
My cousin is 10 years old ,his problem is that he can't read and write properly. When he was 4 months old he suffered with cataract and had an operation. He is using specs while studying and forget easily what he studies. How to improve his memory?
My eyes are swelling too much since last night. Before some time a operation was done in my eyes for swelling.
I'm 20 years old boy. I have a problem with my eyesight. Whenever I use any phone for long time, I feel pain in my eyes. Please give me suggestions what should I do?
Hi, my mother is suffering from healed chorioretinitis scar in my right eye , due to which she has lost vision upto 80%. Is this curable by any means ? What is the total cost ? I have enclosed doctor's prescription and right eye report from last check up. Please suggest .
I am feeling eye pain while reading books during night time in I artificial lighting. But I can do it in ease in daytime. What should I do?
My eyes are getting tears automatically when ever I took my specs of and some time with specs I'm getting tears what should I do?
Hi I am Anima Dey. I am 45 years old. I am having pain in two eyes and its making headache also. What should I do?
Hi I am 26 and hav a well grown body. Since last week I am feeling dizzy and I hv weak eyes so thought that may b I hv cylindrical and spherical number so days y I am nt abl to concentrate or cud b a problem wd my spectacles. 2 dys before I went to an optician. Got my number chngd and a new specs that is comfortable to my eyes. However its still the same. I am still feeling like my head is spinning. I dnt hav head ache. No fever. I hv chkd symptoms of vertigo as well. I am jst feeling weakness and unable to walk properly. Pls suggest me what to do. As its going on my head now!
Your eyes are one of the most significant of all the sense organs since it allows you to see things around you. It is essential to take good care of your eyes. But, many lack an awareness on ocular care. Read on to know a few lifestyle habits that will help in maintaining a good ocular hygiene thus ensuring normal vision.
Ensure your ocular hygiene with these healthy lifestyle habits
- Balanced diet: Eating right and maintaining a healthy diet does not just go for your overall health but your eye health as well. While carrots are good for your health, eating fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables offer the minerals and nutrients necessary for maintaining healthy eyesight. Dark leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale are especially good for eye health. Moreover, eating fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as tuna or salmon is very beneficial for maintaining proper eyesight.
- Right body weight: Body weight is indirectly related to eye health. An individual must maintain proper body weight since being overweight leads to health problems like diabetes and blood pressure. A person with diabetes is at risk of deteriorating eye sight caused by diabetic eye disease or glaucoma. If you have problems with weight maintenance, consult a health expert and seek professional guidance.
- Ocular hygiene: Maintaining ocular hygiene has become very important these days. Due to the level of pollution and germs around us, certain preventive measures need to be taken to prevent eye infections. People who play sports or perform other physical activities should wear protective eyewear. Wear safety goggles while swimming and make sure you wear polycarbonate eye gear if you play sports such as squash. These lenses are 10 times stronger than usual plastic and are available in protective eyewear stores as well as sporting goods stores.
- Quit smoking: Never take up smoking and if you already have then you better quit it as soon as possible. Just like for the rest of your body, smoking is very harmful to your eyesight as well. Research has proven that smoking causes severe macular degeneration, cataract and optic nerve damage in aging people. Over time, this can lead to permanent blindness.
- Protect your eyes: Sunglasses are not just meant for style, they also protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. While purchasing sunglasses, make sure the ones you purchase block out 99-100% UV-A and UV-B rays. Moreover, it is vital to give your eyes rest. If you work on the computer or watch TV, it is advised to look away from the screen for around 20 seconds in every 20 minute time interval. It is vital to get sufficient sleep as well.
Most of these tips may sound simple, but they are highly effective and can help avoid eye problems completely. And don’t forget to get your routine eye check-up done as well. All that is required is to incorporate these basic lifestyle changes to protect the amazing part of your body, your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.