Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal GargYour feedback matters!
My eye sight power is decreasing. Previously it was 1 approx then after a year increases to 2.5 approx and again to 4. Now I again feel some headache while wearing spectacles. Also concerns if it will again increase! How can I have increase my eye power?
My eyes are swollen when I wake up and there is a pain in my eyelid. When I wake up the right eye gets sticked and small particles come out automatically and then near the end its kinda swollen and there is a pain which I am experiencing from last week. Please advise.
I have a problem of my EyeSight. My Right EyeSight is Proper working But my left EyeSight is -2.5. How is this. How can I Improve my EyeSight?
My wife is traveling a lot from last 1 month. and now her eyes are swollen and water is coming often and her mouth goes cross when she smiles or eats. Please tell me why is it so? Is it a major issue. Will it be alright?
I am 19 year old. I think due to my eyes I'm suffering from headache regularly but doctor says my eyes are normal. When I wash my face I feel relax from headache. What should I do to cure this headache?
I have eye disease my right eye is good 6/6 and my left eye is weak 6/24 how can I resolve this problem.
I am using a laptop daily 8-10 hours. After using a laptop my eyes are too strain and my eyes are looking full of red? Why? What should I do.
My mother feels irritation in her eyes all the day long, we can pronounce this irritation in hindi as (chuban) like their is something. Please suggest some medicine to solve this problem.
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.