Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Virender SinghYour feedback matters!
Something has fallen in my daughter eye due to which she is having pricking when she closes and open her eye. Is ciplox D eye and ear drops can be used?
I have pain in my nose, head and above the eye. I am also having a running nose. And red colored mucus and some bleeding from the nose when I blow the nose. Please advise.
I am 21 year old male, I had throat pain from 2 days. Also had irritation, itchiness also very hard to swallow any food items. Some times I feel difficulty for breathing and joint pain. Please help me!
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required.
Doctor: My kid, 6 years old, has dust accumulated in both ears. Paediatrician has advised to remove that. She is being administered with soliwax for the past 4 - 5 days. Would the procedure be painful? Thanks, Priya.
Hello I am suffering from throat problems for few years. Always thought is swells always feels there is something in through. Cough issues nose are almost blocked all the time.
I'm having a cyst of size 1 cm on my right side parotid gland. It was diagnosed a month back through a MRI scan and then tried Ultrasound scan and confirmed. No Biopsy done yet. Asof now, my doctor gave me Anxit (0.25mg), Myospaz, Trental 400. I suppose that these tablets are more of a relaxant rather than a medicine to treat the cyst. What is the treatment for this? What kind of tablets can be taken?
Dr. Before 5 days. It was my accident and I am injured. At the bottom of my eye cutted. And last 4 days. My nose is bleeding. What can I do for this bleeding.
I have diagnosed Pharyngitis, mucus continue to form (specially after going outside in pollution) or inflammation is continues into nose, feeling tired due to headache. (please suggest)
Hi dear sir madam I am suffering from sinus. Headache since one year as I consult physician but no use please assist me what should I do.
Sir mere gale me kbhi kbhi pain ho jata h doc dikhaya gale nhi nd khicav bhari bhari feel hota h gala sara din gale par dyan rhta h.nd mera thoda weight bhi bd gya 2/3 saal me or ye gala bhari 2/3 saal se h. So I request koi tablet or bimari bta dijiye.
Doctor mera naak humesha jaam rehta hai 1 saal se upar ho gya hai . Raat me soote time to saas ni le pate nosal drop ka use karna padta hai.Doctor please advice me ki kya karna chaiye jisse ye meri problem shortout ho jye ?
Its been 2 weeks I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction surgery. So one thing I noticed that doctor has not removed the bony spur on right due to which I had breathing problems. When I asked him he said he has changed the angle of spur and we cannot remove it. Is it so? And I am still facing breathing problems. How long it will take to recover completely? Shall I eat/drink cold stuff like cold-drink or ice cream?
I did stapedectomy on left ear successfully last year. Now I can hear properly with no other side effects. Please suggest any Do's n don't!
I am 50 years old. My right side of nose was blocked. Doctor says bone deviation and requires surgery. Facing difficulty in breathing.Please suggest.
Awakening with a headache and on top of it a blocked nose is an unpleasant begins to the day. In the event that this turns into a standard event and even the face harms with general largeness in the head, it's a restorative condition called Sinusitis. Sinuses are air-filled depressions inside the skull bone. These empty spaces in the skull are arranged in cheek bones, brow, behind the scaffold of the nose and between the eyes. Another set is arranged in the upper area of the nose and behind the eyes. All the sinuses have the same coating that is available in the nose. This covering produces bodily fluid, which is depleted out of the sinuses through an opening in the nose. Homeopathy treatment can be a decent cure for Sinus of various sorts.
Top normal Homeopathic remedies for sinus infections:
- Silicea: One of the Best Homeopathic remedies for Sinus Infections with headache. Silicea happens to be one of the finest remedies in homeopathic for sinus disease. The headache caused by sinus fundamentally on right side happens to be treated best with Silicea. The patient requiring Silicea feels crisp and is extremely touchy to frosty air. Concealing warmly gives alleviation. One conspicuous sign for utilizing Homeopathic pharmaceutical Silicea as a part of cases of sinus happens to be stuffiness in the nasal parts. The discharges in the nasal areas get stopped up in hard coverings. On endeavoring to extricate these hulls, there is dying.
- Belladonna: Top Homeopathic solution for sinus headache with smothered discharge: Normal Homeopathic prescription Belladona is one of the perfect homeopathic remedies for sinus diseases when sinus headache is because of smothered discharge. Belladonna is exceptionally useful when a Sinusitis patient grumbles of a brutal headache. The patient may get alleviation from the headache by restricting the head firmly or applying weight.
- Kali Bichrome: Best Homeopathic solution for Sinusitis with discharge dropping once again into throat.
Kali Bichrome is the top regular Homeopathic medication for Sinusitis where the discharge drops over into the throat regardless of leaving the nose. The discharge is thick and for the most part yellow.