Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vipula SharmaYour feedback matters!
My ortho treatment is going to end after 1 year of treatment. I was having relapse after my first treatment. That why I opt for 2nd time ortho. My two upper teeth was overlapping each other and there was class 2 malclusion and overcrowded. Now I want to know which retainer are best for me. Fixed or removable (wire or clear one) which choice will be best for me. Or should I go for both fixed on upper teeth and removable also?
Hello sir/madam I have tooth grinding problem since 4 years. 2 months ago I got married, now my wife got scared and feel fear to sleep with me bz of that sound. Pls suggest me the solution.
I had an tooth ache and had treatment for that nd treatment is root canal and a cap is fitted but it doesn't fitting to my tooth wts the problem for that.
I have leaukoplakia and there are white lesions under my tongue, they go and come back, now they have become ulcer like and eating has become irritating in that particular area. I want that lesions go away.
I am18 year boy, 4years before I developed black markings on my tongue. From there markings started spreading. Now my tongue looks nearly black. Please advice me something that I can do with it.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.
Dr saheb pyrea hoo gaya hai teeth mein green and kala kala saa hoo gaya hai jiski wajah see lower front teeth thoda patla bhi hoo gaya hai daily brush bhi karta huin dant kanti and aab halka halka saa 2 pass kee teeth mein bhi kala kala saa hoo gaya hai masoodoo kee neechee help karen.
Mere teeth yellow q h m kitne try karta hu clean hone ko hota hi nahi h. Why my teeth are yellow I am try all type of colgate and creams.
My wisdom tooth on left downward have grown in vertical position. Doc is guiding to remove. Is there any other option?
My teeth are turning yellow. How can they be white again by natural approaches as I dont wanna take allergic medicines?
I am suffering with mouth ulsar problem. After every 3, months it causes to me. Everytime I take complex and reinifall to fill folic acid deficiency. But it stops temporarily. Can you suggest me the permanent treatment for this?
I am effected with ulcer on my lower lip. Its paining. Can you please prescribe me any tablet or any ointment for instant relief?
If you have a sore or an ulcer on your gums, avoid eating anything that can irritate the tissue. Stay away from spicy and acidic foods and drinks. This includes tomato juice and even colas. They have pHs in the range of five, which is acidic. What about orange juice? Make sure you dilute it with water. This reduces the acidic concentration, so the juice won’t burn when you drink it.