Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vipul Garg
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vipul GargYour feedback matters!
I am 43 years old and I am suffering with skin problem since 2008 and now it has converted to Psoriasis Arthritis. Give me suggestion to plan action for cure this problem.
She got menopause at the age of 45. But regularly she felts back pain, thighs pain is this the right age to get menopause and it may cause further any health issues?
I am 67 years old ant weight is 96 Kgs and have knee pain in both legs. When I stand for longer time then I feel heaviness in both knee joints. Uric acid is normal. Kindly advice medicine.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Hello Doctors, Actually I am having muscle pain because I had joined gym recently. What should I do to Prevent Muscle Pain?
I have joint effusion, 2 years ago I had injury and I am still suffering from pain. The effusion is less by now but occasional pain is there, I have changed 5 orthopaedic doctor n 2 physiotherapists. They could not lower the level of pain.
If you are experiencing joint stiffness in your hip along with pain and tenderness, you could be suffering from hip arthritis or osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis accounts for being the most common form of arthritis. It is referred to as degenerative joint disease and old-age arthritis and usually, occurs because of age-related issues. The condition occurs when injury and inflammation of a joint lead to the breakdown of the cartilage tissue, causing pain, swelling, and deformity.
How hip arthritis affects the hip joint?
People who are affected by osteoarthritis of the hip may have difficulty in walking properly. Diagnosis in the early stage is difficult as pain may occur in various locations such as the thigh, groin, knee or buttocks.
The underlying causes
The factors responsible for osteoarthritis include increasing age, joint injury and excess body weight. Some other factors may also be responsible. They are as follows:
- When the joints have formed improperly.
- In case of inherited defects in the cartilage.
- When a person puts excess stress on the hip joint because of being overweight or due to certain activities and motions.
How it can be detected?
The different symptoms of hip arthritis or osteoarthritis are as follows:
- Joint stiffness, especially after waking up in the morning.
- Joint stiffness after sitting for a long period.
- Swelling, pain, and tenderness in the hip joint.
- A crunching feeling or sound of bones rubbing against one another.
- The inability to move the hip for carrying out daily activities.
The aim of osteoarthritis treatment is to improve the patient’s ability to move about so that his regular life is less affected. The function of the hip and pain management are other targets of treatment for this condition. The different treatment plans are as follows:
- Proper joint care and rest
- Using a cane while walking for taking weight off your hip
- Losing excessive weight
- Non-drug pain relief measures for controlling pain
- Regular exercise
- Several medicines, including NSAIDS and other prescribed pain medication
- Alternative therapies
Hip replacement surgery
This is a surgical procedure used for osteoarthritis treatment when all other treatment plans fail. The damaged ball of the hip joint is replaced with a metal ball in this surgical procedure. The hip socket is resurfaced by using a plastic liner and metal shell. Apart from the mentioned treatment procedures, hip resurfacing is another surgical option for osteoarthritis treatment, which helps in giving relief when a hip replacement surgery is delayed. In this procedure, the affected hip joint surfaces are surgically removed and are replaced with metal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.