Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Viom AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 11 month old and her teeth is not come out yet? what should I do. I consult so many doctors but they say it will come dont worry. Would you please suggest me some faster way of coming out teeth.
Dear sir I am 16 year old boy but my height and weight is not increasing suggest me a suitable thing.
How can I increase his weight? He is not ready to eat anything. He likes only oily food like Kathryn chips etc.
My baby is 4 month old, is phenomenal vaccine is necessary for her. Is it good if I can gave her this vaccine. Also after this vaccine it is painful and coming fever like DTPA vaccine. Please let me know.
My daughter has bed wetting problem since her birth she is now 8 years. She is also crying every day of meaningless. I think imipramine is suitable drug for her. Please help me.
RTS, S/AS01 I had heard a malaria vaccine has been developed the last year. Can we get it in India for our babies.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My baby is 25 days old and has 9.41 bilirubin. She took phototherapy two week before when level was 17.7 but it came down to 6 and now again is at 9.41.Should I stop breast feeding. Please suggest.
My 5 month old baby suffering from running nose and cough while she is also on medicine for dysentery is WALAMYCIN and ENTEROGERMINA what can I do for her cough and running nose.
Swine flu effected and mylieties effect for a 5 year old boy. Due to breathing problem, ventilator Arranged. How to control breathing problem?
My child is 2.6 years old, but he is 10. 6 kg.And he does not like to eat anything. Can you please suggest how can I improve his appetite? Moreover he is always suffering from cough cold and constipation. Please guide.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.