Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. VinodpuriYour feedback matters!
My grandmother has (dementia) alzheimer's disease. How to prevent it? please help to cure it any drugs and instructions? Thanks.
Doctor, If I was tensed my hand shivers uncontrollably and I am thinking always negative about what I do? And I also do regular exercise. How can I control it?
I am unable to sleep back from 3 days properly and also I have a migraine problem to from past year.
Hi. My father had Parkinson disease.Is this hereditary? also how can I improve my nervous system? any supplementary or medications. please advise. Thankx.
She is looking at the clock repeatedly, feeling more and more frustrated as the time passes as how it is getting late and her effort to sleep is going in vain.
Effort? can anyone put an effort for something which is a self programmed function of the body -mind complex?
Does one put an effort to breathe, make the heart beat or digest food?
Try doing this at home. Try putting a conscious effort to digest your food, be aware of it entering the food pipe and the stomach and then liver metabolizing it. You will end up with indigestion!
Effort is interfering instead with something which is automatic!
So your struggle to sleep is the biggest reason why you are unable to sleep!
Do not try to sleep
One should have courage to wait for the body to tune itself back during a temporary phase of insomnia due to some stressful/emotionally challenging situation.
One's continued stressful approach in life or excessive seeking for stimulation all the time may have finally resulted in the overworked nervous system being so stressed that it now has difficulty in tuning itself off.
There are people who have not slept at all in their entire lives, but there daily activities are not hampered at all, so
Get rid of these conditioning that shortage of sleep will have an ill effect on the body, though difficult, if you let go of this you will be happily surprised to know that this conditioning or belief was creating most of the bodily symptoms!
Chronic insomnia which has developed after a traumatic emotional experience may need a help from a professional like counselor or a hypnotherapist.
Sedatives decrease the brain activity by depressing the c. N. S, making one lethargic /drowsy with reduced mental efficiency and host of other side effects.
The induced sleep is more of non rem type (rem is supposed to be a deeper and moe refreshing phase)
Drug resistance develops soon and the dose gradually increases and so does the dependance and its withdrawal symptoms. And finally one must realize that they are not the cure
So it is better to take them as as a one-off thing, at times of acute distress or urgent need to sleep.
Some other tips which are of secondary help.
1. Do not keep a clock/watch with you in your bed room.
2. Avoid heavy dinner or supper, keep your digestion in check.
3. Do not immediately go to sleep after dinner.
4. Avoid caffeine based drinks esp coffee or if you must have it, take it before evening.
5. Try putting off gadgets like mobiles, t. V, games, magazines etc.
Lastly in a nutshell, do not get overworked if there is reduced or delayed sleep, that will act as a stressor which will prevents sleep, have the courage so as to not to sleep at all. Do not anticipate tomorrows after-effects. Surrender to the intelligence of your body, it will take care of it.
I am 20 yrs old and when I sit continuing few hours my back goes numb. please help me regarding this.
My husband is 31yrs old & fours years back he met with an road accident & got head injury due to which his right side is paralyzed. Now he has recovered a little but cannot use his right hand for working & lack proper balance from right leg. physiotherapy & regular exercise is going on. I want to know if he will recover fully in future. His speech is also trembling.
I am 43 year old I am working as clerk in jnv. Doctor, my right leg feeling senseless. Feeling like no leg and always some inside feeling with I am unable to express. Kindly help me.
I'm suffering migraine problem for a long period. Pls tell me the correct way to avoid this problem.
Can anyone please suggest me what could be the possible reason for burning sensation and vibrations in legs? Even normal, uric acid normal, no slip disc, hlab 27 negative, anti gad negative, anti vgkc negative, haemoglobin normal, sugar level normal? Please help me? Is there any possibility of heart blockage?
I am 65 years. Having type 2 diabetes. I need remedy for numbness burning sensation in soles and shifting pains from one spot to other in feet sole.
My hand is shaken (more vibrate) during writing. I write right hand. I am 26 year old. Why the reason of vibration my hand. Please suggestion me and how to solve it please help me. I am waiting your answer.
Insomnia is a disorder where a person has difficulty sleeping. One can have problem falling asleep or staying asleep for long. Some people also have disturbed sleep. This can be a major problem as due to lack of sleep one feels tired and fatigued all day.
Recurring cases of insomnia hamper your daily activities and interfere with the smooth functioning of your life. Therefore, this condition should not be ignored and treated immediately.
Here are the various ways to treat insomnia:
Non-Medical (Cognitive and Behavioral treatment)
Several psychological and behavioral techniques can be used for the treatment of insomnia. Many of these methods can be easily self-taught and others require a therapist to be carried out properly.
- Relaxation training, which is also called progressive muscle relaxation involves the patient to tense and relax his muscles systematically in various parts or regions of the body. Relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises, various forms of meditation, mindfulness and guided imagery are used for treating insomnia people. The use of audio recordings for guidance in these techniques is quite popular.
- Stimulus control enables building an association between the bedroom and sleep. This is done by limiting several kinds of activities done in a bedroom. This may include going to bed only when very sleepy and leaving bed if you cannot sleep within twenty minutes. A strict bedtime and wake up time schedule has to be maintained.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT involves changes in behavior like maintaining a strict sleep time schedule, elimination of afternoon naps and other habits related to sleep. A cognitive component is also added to this method. Unhealthy beliefs and fear regarding sleep are challenged and positive, rational thinking is encouraged. CBT is a very effective procedure for treating insomnia and the track record regarding success is high.
- Changes in lifestyle are required to treat insomnia and prevent recurrence of insomnia, you should change certain habits and start some new practices. You should limit your intake of caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Do not consume coffee or tea before going to sleep and avoid smoking. The habits may be stimulating and will keep you awake. Your diet should be balanced. You should avoid having rich and spicy food before going to bed. Avoid late meals and maintain a proper schedule for meals. Regular exercise can improve the symptoms of insomnia and you should try to work out every day.
Medical Treatment: There are many forms of medicines, which can treat insomnia. This includes over-the-counter medicines, as well as prescribed medicines. The type of medicine required completely depends on the severity and symptoms of your insomnia and other factors related to health. Therefore, you must consult a doctor before having any kind of medicine for treating insomnia.
The most common medicines for insomnia, which are usually prescribed by doctors are benzodiazepine hypnotics, non-benzodiazepine hypnotics and melatonin receptor agonists. However, medicines should only be taken after consulting with a specialist. Insomnia not only affects your health but also interferes with all your daily activities. Proper treatment should be taken to treat the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I'm having upper abdominal right below my ribs usually after I eat, side pain like under my rib usually after I eat, really bad migraines, right side of my chest hurts kinda like my boob, dizzy, light headed, I feel like I'm going to pass out, and I also feel like I'm going to get sick, and now I feel like my left arm is week and numb. What could this be?
Absolutely indispensable to your existence is the proper functioning of your brain. Not only does your brain ensure a normal functioning of your body, but also it controls all your vital organs. Yet, brain disorders are among the most common diseases the modern populace has to confront. Tumorous growth in the brain affects the health of the brain in the most significant of manners. Be it benign or malignant, anomalous growth of the brain tissues leads to brain tumor. Some of the most evident causes of brain tumor are genetic dysfunctions, exposure to harmful radiations and immune-suppressants. You may detect the incidence of brain tumors through some of the more obvious symptoms like acute headaches, seizures, projectile vomiting as well as some fairly subtle conditions like a feeling of numbness, coordination problems, etc. The immediate recourse to brain surgeries and expensive treatments often do not yield the desired results. As a consequence, many seek an alternative therapy which can potentially soothe the trauma and fight the disease.
Replete with the benefits of ancient medicinal knowledge, Ayurveda offers remedies, which heal the diseases without causing any side-effects. The natural, herbal therapies improve your immunity from within; enhance your bodily strength and your will to live. It also aborts abnormal cell growth and helps in normal regeneration. Some of the most reliable Ayurvedic remedies have been enumerated below.
- Aswagandha: Aswagandha herb has fascinating healing properties. They play a major role in restoring strength and immunity in your body. It is endowed with anti-inflammatory properties and is beneficial anti-oxidant. It supplements the essential nutrients, which improve the functions of the brain and minimize the adverse effects caused by harmful radiation.
- Curcumin: Curcumin has been known to disintegrate malignant cells from your body. It not only is a great anti-oxidant, but also improves immunity. It has gained popularity as a cure for brain tumors as well.
- Guggul: Guggul is known to revitalize the damaged cells and impart good health. It enhances oxidation potentials of the body and speeds up recovery from brain tumors.