Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinni Sandhu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinni SandhuYour feedback matters!
I am students my problem is that I am suffering from pcod I took allopathic medicine for periods for two times but now I stop taking it Nd right now I didn't have my periods for 3 months so now what advice would you like to give whether I should go for homeopathy or allopathic medicine.
Sex is a very personal experience. If done right, it can be wonderfully enriching for both partners. However, most people are unsure about what they want and end up having bad experiences. It is extremely important to know what you want before going to bed with someone. But a common problem that most people face is, how to know what you want? This is true for inexperienced people and people who are not good at articulating what they want or like.
Imagine a situation where, you go to a restaurant with a cuisine you've got no idea about and you're asked to order three courses! What's important therefore is to know the menu. There are a few steps that can help you to do this quite smoothly:
- Stop being self-conscious: Most people hesitate to ask what they want in bed as they are extremely self-conscious. However, it is very important to remember that this experience should be great for both partners. You do have the right to ask for what you want.
- Know what you're into: Another important step towards knowing what you want in bed is to know what you're into - what you like, what you dislike, what extent you are willing to go to and what are the dos and don'ts. No one other than you can set these ground rules down better. It is extremely essential that you do this otherwise your experience may be poor and you may develop an idea that you don't like sex at all, which is what happens in a number of cases where a relatively inexperienced person has a poor sexual experience and believes that that is how it's supposed to be.
- Communication is the key: Communication is literally the key to unlock an amazing sexual experience. Talk to your partner before you start. Lay down some ground rules. Talk to your partner, tell him or her what you like and what you don't. Talk to your partner after it's over. Give them a candid feedback. Only if you intend to do it with them again. In case of a one night stand, no need to leave things bitter!
- Be open: Another important fact is that you yourself have to be open. Be open to exploration and experimentation. Don’t think that just because something hasn't worked for you in the past, it'll never work for you. Likes and dislikes keep changing. Involve your partner in the process of exper imentation. Explore, experiment, and if you don't like something, don't keep trying in the hope that it'll work someday. Some things work for some people and they don't for others.
- Learn and apply: You do need to have a fair bit of knowledge before you jump straight into the act. Contrary to popular belief, an attractive body and testosterone are not the only things you need to be good in bed. This knowledge may come from experience or through reading. The more you learn, the better you apply.
There really is no fixed rulebook about what you like and what you don't. It's all about the 3 Es - exploring, experimenting and experiencing. Be open, be adventurous and it'll work wonders for you. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Surya Namaskar literally translates to 'bowing to the sun'. It is a combination of 12 yoga asanas, where the body, mind, and soul are brought into complete synchrony. Surya Namaskar is performed in sets, depending on each person's endurance. Scientifically too, there are multiple benefits from Surya Namaskar. Read on to know the most prominent ones.
- Stretching and flexibility: The 12 asanas which are a part of the Surya Namaskar ensure that every part of the body is stretched. The flexibility that comes with it is an experience that is to be loved. Surya Namaskar is extremely beneficial for the bones, joints, and ligaments of the entire body and spine.
- Improves internal organ functioning: The various stretching improves blood flow to the organs and improves their functioning. The result is a better functioning digestive system and kidneys, which help in better absorption of nutrients from food and thorough elimination of metabolic wastes. Detox happens naturally, with the release of trapped gasses and improved enzyme secretion.
- Weight loss: One of the best-proven ways to lose weight is to do the 12 asanas regularly on a daily basis. It is a perfect workout involving the complete body and is great for losing weight around the belly. It also is proven to improve the thyroid gland functioning, which plays a significant role in metabolism and leads to weight gain.
- Bone health: Traditionally, it is done during the early morning hours, during sunrise, which ensures the body gets the required amount of vitamin D. This is essential for good bone health.
- Stress buster: Stress release happens in multiple ways. Deep focused breathing is one of them. During the asanas, control over breathing is very essential and so stress control is ensured. Various muscles and bones get tense with stress, and thorough stretching helps relieve the stress buildup. The mind is also calmed during the workout, and so stress relief is further enhanced.
- A cure for insomnia: People who are not able to sleep should do Surya Namaskar on a regular basis and ensure sound sleep regularly. Both stress relief and the perfect workout ensures good sleep is guaranteed.
- Helpful in menstrual cycles: Women who have cramps during their menstrual cycles have shown very good improvement with the inclusion of this exercise. It also is shown to benefit people with irregular menstruation via the improved circulation. Pregnant women, regularly doing Surya Namaskar (under the guidance of an expert), are more likely to have a normal delivery.
- Glowing Skin: With the release of toxins and stress, a glowing skin is but natural.
Try Surya Namaskar regularly and see the change in yourself. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello, I am a married girl of 25 years. I am still a virgin, scared to have sex as I feel it will pain a lot, but I love my husband a lot and I do want to have sex. Now we want to start our family, so can I get pregnant without having sex if my husband ejaculates on the outside of my vaginal opening?
Sexual Dysfunction (or sexual malfunction or sexual disorder) is difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity, including physical pleasure, desire, preference, arousal or orgasm. According to the DSM-5, sexual dysfunction requires a person to feel extreme distress and interpersonal strain for a minimum of 6 months (excluding substance or medication-induced sexual dysfunction). Sexual dysfunctions can have a profound impact on an individual's perceived quality of sexual life. The term sexual disorder may not only refer to physical sexual dysfunction, but to paraphilias as well; this is sometimes termed disorder of sexual preference.
Sexual Desire Disorders
Sexual desire disorders or decreased libido are characterized by a lack or absence for some period of time of sexual desire or libido for sexual activity or of sexual fantasies. The condition ranges from a general lack of sexual desire to a lack of sexual desire for the current partner. The condition may have started after a period of normal sexual functioning or the person may always have had no/low sexual desire.
The causes vary considerably, but include a possible decrease in the production of normal estrogen in women or testosterone in both men and women. Other causes may be aging, fatigue, pregnancy, medications (such as the SSRIs) or psychiatric conditions, such as depression and anxiety. While a number of causes for low sexual desire are often cited, only some of these have ever been the object of empirical research.
Hello, I am 31 yrs old woman. My cycle is always irregular. Now my foot is swelling since last 2-3 months. I have thyroid problem. Daily. Taking medicine 150 mg. Daily morning.please suggest.
Hi doc I'm 17 years old nd of 4.5 months pregnant advice me how to take care and pls help me how to do gender test at home?
I am a very exercise loving person. I alternatively run and do jumprope. Is it okay to do such exercise during periods?
Home to the second largest population in the world, India has been facing a population explosion for quite a few decades. Thus, family planning becomes an important aspect of India’s vast social fabric. Family planning methods enable its citizens to control the potential damages inflicted by the raging population explosion. Research indicates that an estimated 214 million women of reproductive age in developing countries are willing to avoid pregnancy through the use modern contraceptive methods. In response, modern medical science has created various options designed to inhibit conception and prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.
Know the different family planning options available
Citizens can use family planning technique to control the expansion of their families.
- Oral contraceptive pills: These formulations are marketed in the form of small tablets that have to be orally ingested. They stop ovulation and thicken the cervical mucus to block the passage of sperm cells.
- Injections: This technique hinges on subcutaneous injections of progesterone that prevents ovulation and thickens the cervical mucus.
- Condoms: These family planning devices are engineered from latex, a refined form of rubber. They create a physical barrier that prevents conception.
- Diaphragms: This device is a dome-shaped rubber cup that covers the cervix after it is inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse.
- IUDs - It is a very effective mode of contraception specially to keep gap inbetween two pregnancy and after your family is completed. It is effective for almost 5 years. It is best for Indian population.
- Family planning throgh operation: It can be done laproscopicaly or mini laparoscopy. One can go for it if they have at least two living healthy children.
Why should one opt for family planning?
- Promotes individual and national growth: Family planning is essential to support initiatives that secure the health, well-being, and autonomy of women. These efforts support the development of human communities, enable the achievement of social and community goals, and boost national prosperity.
- Prevents pregnancy-related issues: Family planning prevents the occurrence of health issues related to pregnancy in women. This is important in terms of boosting women’s general health and well-being. A woman’s ability to choose bears a direct influence on her physical and emotional well-being.
- Unwanted pregnancy: Family planning prevents unwanted pregnancies in older women. This demographic faces higher health risks from pregnancies.
- Maternal mortality: Family planning allows women to limit the size of the family unit. Medical evidence suggests that women who have borne more than four children face a heightened risk for maternal mortality. Family planning reduces the rate of unintended pregnancies and thus cuts the need for unsafe abortions.
- Prevention of diseases: Women infected with HIV/AIDS must drastically reduce the risk of unintended pregnancies. Failure to comply may result in the birth of babies infected with diseases. The use of male and female condoms offers dual protection against sexually transmitted diseases and infections.
- Empowering women: Family planning helps women to make an informed decision about their own sexual and reproductive health. It offers an opportunity for women to pursue education, boost their professional standing, and participate in non-family institutions. Moreover, smaller families allow parents to make meaningful investments in each child.
In light of the above, family planning has emerged as a critical mission in modern developing countries. National, state, and local governments must work with citizens to achieve community goals.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!