Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VinaYour feedback matters!
My Wife (Age 28 weight 55) is 7 month pregnant and she has always low BP (90-110/ 50/60) but she has no physical symptoms of low BP. Is this level of BP can be dangerous during delivery or not. And can we do something to improve it?
Infertility is a condition when a woman fails to conceive even after a year of unprotected regular sexual intercourse. If she is unable to carry the baby to term, it’s called infertility too. Mankind has made giant leaps in curing this condition. But something’s still lacking. This is where the ancient healing system of medicine Ayurveda comes in.
There are a number of reasons for infertility we know women can’t get pregnant if their partner’s sperm count is low or if they have obstructions in their reproductive system like blocked fallopian tubes or fibroids etc. But Ayurveda goes beyond all these. According to it, infertility arises when “shukra dhatu” which produces eggs in women and sperms in me, is weak due to lack of proper nutrition which may happen as a result of poor digestion, lack of balanced diet or due to a presence of ‘ama’ or toxins in the body.
Ayurveda also prescribes that sexual indulgence and promiscuity can cause infertility due to the decrease in shukra dhatu. Ayurvedic fertility enhancers
- Kapikacchu: A potent antioxidant, this medicine reduces oxidative damage to sperm. It is also an aphrodisiac and helps increase sperm count.
- Gokshura: Contains a precursor to testosterone, and thus improves sexual desire and sperm production.
- Ashoka: It stimulates the endometrium in uterus and ovaries and aids ovulation.
- Lodhra: Cures female disorders which stop conception and increase levels of reproductive hormones like FSH and LH essential for conception.
- Shatavari: Nourishes ovum and increases fertility because it contain estrogen –like compounds.
- Gokshura: This herb is helpful for both men and women. It helps cure erectile dysfunction and is very effective in improving sperm count and motility. Whereas in women it works as a fertility tonic that stimulates the ovaries and thus cures PCOS, a leading cause of infertility in women.
What Ayurveda recommends is eating a diet rich in foods like ‘ghee’, milk, almonds, walnuts, sesame and pumpkin seeds to improve health and thus shukra that. Since ‘vata’ dosha is closely connected to the reproductive system in women, it should be regulated for proper ovulation. And so should be extra stress and worry in both men and women.
Other ways to cure infertility, especially in men, is to wear loose underwear, so that ‘pitta’ is controlled and the sperm production is good. This also ensures good quality of sperm. Ayurveda should never be practised by self. Always consult an expert who will prescribe the right medicines for infertility. Doing everything in balance is crucial too. So be mindful of what you eat, think, watch, read and eat right and develop a healthy body for getting rid of infertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.