Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas ChoudharyYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir/Madam, I am 25 years old, married women, suffering from thyroid. How to control/ cure my problem. I'm not getting regular periods. I'm trying for kids. I got marriage 1.5 years back. Is this thyroid effects pregnancy? Also requesting for health tips.
How often should I visit you for checkups in order to stay as healthy as possible and avoid diabetic complications?
I have hyper thioroid for over a year with T3- 2.03, T4- 17 & TSH -0.01. How can it be cured rapidly?
How to bring a change in our lifestyle if we are suffering from hypothyroidism and want to get rid of it for ever.
He is a diabetic. He goes to job in morning and doesn't eat all the day. He has his food in evening. Give suggestions plz.
I have a complaints of mild diabetes. I have checked FBS 154 PPBL 194 Last 2 -3 months I have similar report Should be I am diabetic or not? If I am diabetic which antidiabetic medicine I have taken? And since how long far continue with antidiabetic medicine? Doctor reply immediately about this query?
My wife age is 51 years she is suffering from snoring last 1 year and also thyroid please give me correct suggestion.
Ok thanks madam but I want ask due excess of uric acid it can affect body pain, joint pain, burning feet etc?
How to overcome persistent URIC ACID problem without taking any medicine. The recent blood test showed 8 whereas the maximum range is up to 7.6.
For the last 5 years I am taking Tablet Zoryl M 1 Once in the morning. Most of times sugar level remains below 200 pp, but some times goes up to 250 pp. Pl advise whether I have to increase dose or not.
How to care for diabetic. Is any medicine is available for lifetime treatment. What us the diet chart for diabetic patients. How to care such typ of people. please help me and any special care for eye.
I am 27 years male just found that I am diabetics and the range is 542 doctor have suggested me for insulin I am very much scared please help me out.
I am a 45 years diabetic patient. I year ago remove my utres, after removing the same my stomach is growing day by day and also gain weight. How to control the weight and to make flat stomach.
I am 40 & my wife 34, both have diabetic. My second child son 10 months old have less weight. But he is very active. Since we both have diabetic, whether any problem in growth of my son. How to increase his weight. Please give which food will increase his weight for normal growth.
Diabetes is an abnormal condition where the sugar-levels in humans are higher than usual. Ayurveda can be used efficiently in treating this condition. In Ayurvedic terms, Madhumeha is the allopathic treatment of diabetes. In Indian terms, diabetes is known to the common man as Prameha, which is said to be divided into 3 major types – Kapha, Pitta and Vata. Lack of exercise and intake of food having excess of snigdha, ushna and guru types are said to be the chief cause of prameha.
Along with drugs and medications, Ayurveda stresses on the importance of a balanced diet and exercise. The management modules that can be categorized are:
- Vyaayam (Exercise)
- Panchakarma (Procedures for Bio-purification)
- Pathya (Regulation in diet)
- The use of therapy (Medications)
The individual’s constitution highly affects the ayurvedic treatment of prameha. Some of them are:
- Obstruction in srothus
- Ahara and Vihara
- Dosha predominance of disease
- Hereditary factors
- The prakrithi of the patient
- Manasika Prakrithi
- Dooshya vitiation
Management of diabetes can be done using a variety of herbs. Some of them are:
- Eugenia jambolana (Jamun beej churna)
- Pterocarpus marsupium (Vijaysar churna)
- Ficus bengalensis (Nyagrodha twaka churna - banyan tree bark)
- Momordica chirantia Karvellaka (Karella – Bitter Gourd)
- Kirat tikata (Chirayata)
- Embelica officinalis (Amla)
It is possible that certain patients are unable to respond to insulin or hypoglemic medicines. In this case, an ayurvedic physician may prescribe some ayurvedic drugs such as:
- Dhatri Nisha
- Chandraprabha vati
- Vasant kusumakar rasa
Diabetes is not just a lack of insulin. It is most probable cause is plain poor maintenance of your body. It 's cure will need to include all of these things discussed. By doing all, diet, herbs, exercise and stress management, you can certainly take care of your Diabetes.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans.