Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KherYour feedback matters!
My mother's microalbuminuria of urine is 173.0, RBC OF URINE is 03-04. Haemoglobin is 9.8, hematocrit (HCT) is 29.6, MCH is 25.6 and RDW- CV is 15.6. ESR is 55. She is now taking medicine for high blood pressure, Gastric and for arthritis. She has no sugar problem as well as thyroid problem. Please prescribe the medicine after analyzing her urine and blood report. She is taking medicine for blood pressure Metosartan 25 in the morning and temsan 40 at night. She is taking Medicine for arthritis from last month. Her blood Urea, Creatinine, Uric Acid report is normal.
Causes and symptoms of acute tubular necrosis
Damage or destruction to tube-like structures known as tubules in the kidneys can bring about the development of acute tubular necrosis (ATN) and subsequently, acute kidney failure.
What causes acute tubular necrosis (ATN)?
A lack of supply of oxygen to the cells in the kidney is the most common cause of this condition. The reason as to why oxygen may not reach the cells and tissues of this organ could be restriction or blockage of the pathways. When this happens, the kidneys get damaged. Dehydration is the most important cause of ATN which may be because of loose motions, vomitings, heat stroke etc.
Health conditions such as diabetes, heart attack, and stroke can bring about a decrease in blood flow to the organs resulting in ATN and death of cells. Similarly, the presence of toxic substances in the blood can also lead to tubules damage and change the way the cells function in the tubules.
Other causes that may lead you to develop ATN may be medications, radiology dyes, anesthetics and chemicals that cause your body to react adversely.
In addition to these causes, a number of factors can put you at risk of ATN and there are:
- An injury to the body, more specifically your kidneys can cause clotting of the blood vessels
- An adverse response to blood transfusion
- Instances of septic shock can slow down blood flow to the organs
- A major surgery that can interrupt blood supply to the organs
What are the symptoms of the condition?
The symptoms associated with the condition can vary depending on the severity of the problem.
You may experience:
- Troubles in waking up
- Drowsy feeling even during daytime
- Feelings of lethargy
- Feelings of excessive thirstiness
- Problems with urination
- Fluid retention problems
- Instances of confusion
- Feelings of nausea
Related Tip: 3 Causes of Acute Kidney Failure
I am have lot of problem in urine. It is too much yellow. Even I drink lot of water.&lot of pain during peeing. So please tell me what I will do.
I have a little infection in my right side kidney, I feel a little in right side abdomen and lower back pain what should I do. While I have used neeri tablets for a couple of day. Please help me out to get well soon.
My mom will be going for an laser operation for kidney stone. She is having 2 stones, one in each kidney, 1 of 13 mm and other of 14, My question is will laser operation remove stones from the root ?
My wife suffered from renal echogencity as per ultrasound report please suggest what to do. Creatine level 1.1 Age 21 Sex female.
Hi doctor I am about 45. To my penis, forskin is can't be reverse back, I am not able to see glans (head) of penis, any more. It just leaves a small hole, at the time of urine, the foreskin, become like the balloon due to urine pressure, and slowly, urine comes out, in a jet, please suggest me its remedy. regards.
I am facing problems with kidney stones and I get the pain on my back once in 3 to 4 months but it's a severe pain so can you suggest em any good remedy for it and also a medicine.
Both kidneys are normal in size. The Rt. Measure 110 mm and the lt. Measure 119 mm in length. No hydronephrosis, no calculus is seen in right kidney PCS is mildly dilated in left kidney. Left upper ureter is dilated with a calcus of size 8 mm is seen in vug. Right upper ureter is normal. What is necessary for surgical of stone.
I am suffering from enlarged prostate and related difficulties, such as get up from sleep at night 3-4 times to pass urine, feeling urgency to pass urine etc. Conducted several tests and physician prescribed Weltam 0.4 mg tablets daily once at night. I do not feel much improvement in my problem. Your valued suggestions solicited. Thanks
Hello mam/sir I have urine infection I am married I take some meditionm pyridium and urispas but no effect pls suggest me what I will do for remove my this problem I drink a lot amount of water milk and butter mil but no relief for thi problem.
Unseen blood is observed in urine analysis during my first day of treatment for pancreatitis what should I take care.
I am eating very good. But I am losing weight continuously. What is the problem. How can I retain my weight again? And now a days I am getting more urine? What is the problem?
The medical term for protein leak in urineis commonly known as Nephrosis and if large amounts leak it is termed Nephrotic Syndrome. It can lead to kidney failure if not treated well mostly after seeing a kidney biopsy in adults. There are a lot of likely causes for this condition and it is detected by carrying out urine test. The treatment for Nephrosis is a long term treatment and done mainly to prevent kidney failure. The treatment for Nephrosis is to control protein leak and prevent kidney failure. It is very important for people who are new to kidney disease that they know about the nine things they should do to stay strong.
Important information on kidney disease:
- The feeling of helplessness on occurrence of kidney disease can be overcome by educating yourself. Individuals should learn everything about kidney disease and can gain vital information even from the Internet.
- It is very obligatory that the advice of the doctor must be followed by an individual suffering from Kidney disease. It is not indispensable that the kidney disease always leads to failure of kidney and to keep your kidney healthy and stay away from any damage, it is necessary to comply with the orders of the Doctor.
- It is very important that you stick to a diet, which would keep you healthy and protect your kidneys from any further damage. You should be mindful on everything you eat, and you can gain assistance on your diet from a renal dietitian.
- When you suffer from Chronic Kidney Disease, the blood values become very important to gauge the condition of your disease and whether it is getting worse or stable. From time to time, the healthcare provider would check your urine and blood regularly, and he would also monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- You can ask help from the support group and accept their assistance. Your family is your best support system in times of need and so involving them is very important.
- You must make sure that you are getting the proper care you need, and you need to educate yourself by communicating as well as asking questions.
- You will feel much better by being active, so do things that make you happy. You can exercise regularly but after taking advice from your doctor. Your main focus must be to keep your heart healthy.
- A positive attitude is anytime helpful in healing a disease. You can listen to music that entertains your mind and helps you stay positive.
- It is not difficult to stay healthy even with kidney disease, as a positive feeling would eventually help face the kidney disease. You must plan ahead and be ready for kidney transplant without getting worried.
- Most importantly, spread awareness and help people tackle the situation without any difficulty.