Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. VijayYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from severe hairfall. Almost 300 strands per day. I know 100 strands is normal. I do not have any medical conditions and hit the gym 6 days a week. Any suggestions.
How can I get rid of bad odour from my mouth and please suggest me any natural remedies or medicine to get out from this problem.
Is your child irritable? Not eating well or under performing at school?
Relax! Losing your mind and temper won't help.
There are chances that your child is under stress and needs your support during this testing time. Let's gain better understanding of the problem as a mature step towards positive parenting.
Stress, either intrinsic or extrinsic, can affect your child as easily as it may affect you. There are several causes as to why your child may also be stress-laden even at such a tender age. As pre-schoolers, the major cause for stress stems from anxiety of leaving their parents and spending long hours in an external environment. As a child grows up, further causes of stress may include:
- Overwhelming schedule due to large number of academic and extra-curricular activities
- High expectations of parents and pressure to perform
- Lifestyle or status associated peer-pressure
- Conflict between parents / domestic violence / Divorce of parents
- Moving to new town or city
- Serious illness
- Physiological changes during puberty
- Worry about getting along with friends
Warning signals that your child is under stress:
- Aggression: Children are prone to a high number of aggressive outbursts as they are not as much in control of their emotions as adults are. They may often react with physical aggression (biting, kicking, or hitting) or verbal aggression (screaming or abusing). This can, however, be curbed in a number of ways such as setting firm and consistent limits, and avoiding instilling in them the idea of 'toughness'.
- Bed wetting: Though stress and anxiety may not be essential causes that lead to the advent of bedwetting in children, it often accentuates the same. You should reassure your child that you are not angry when he/she has an accident and see the doctor to rule out any other medical causes.
- Hyperactive behavior: When children can't handle stress, they release negative energy. Having temper tantrums, running away, or constantly being disobedient are ways to alert adults that there is a problem. Help your child burn off energy in a positive, calming way. Deep breathing exercises, listening to soothing music, stretching, or yoga help.
- Withdrawal: Social withdrawal and being frequently moody or irritable can often arise from high levels of stress, social fear and anxiety in children. Offer plenty of positive attention and speak to your child's teacher if you suspect he/she is having trouble with friends at school.
- Eating and sleeping disorders: If your child is sleeping less or sleeping more than usual, then it might be an indication that something is not right with your child. Likewise, if there is any change in eating pattern which you find abnormal, then it indicates trouble. This may often stem from stress or anxiety-related issues and hamper the proper growth and nutrient intake in a growing child.
How you can you help your child?
There are several things you can do to help your child work through his/her problems when it comes to combating stress and anxiety. These include:
- Have friendly relation with kids so that they feel free to share their problems/ feelings. Kids generally hide things out of fear. Motivate them to express and share their worries.
- Try to understand the cause of the stress. Talk about their fears and apprehensions. Make them feel they are understood.
- Do not force them to sleep or eat. Encourage to eat well and sleep in time.
- The child should be encouraged to indulge in some physical activities like walk/ jog/sports and relaxation exercises like deep breathing/meditation
- Avoid burdening them with studies and co-curricula activities. Identify their abilities and interest and respect individual limitations. Don't burden them with your expectations.
- There should be sufficient breaks in between studies for rejuvenation. It motivates and enhances productivity.
- Avoid demeaning/insulting remarks. Avoid comparisons with other kids.
- Avoid negative reactions like scolding/sarcasm/shouting/beating. Teach the child appropriate ways of managing emotions like open communication, sharing state of mind with peers and parents and appropriate anger management techniques.
- You should also talk to teachers and peers if you suspect any problem at school and find a solution through their help.
- Teach the child about time management. Let them know how to prioritize work according to importance and urgency of task.
From last few days my urine is become red or like dirty I don't know the perfect colour of my urine which I define. It comes around 5 o clock and before 5 o clock and after 7 o clock (fast end) it comes in normal colour. I think it happens due to fast of ramzan. So pls tell me that it is a disease or due to fast?
Hi, was diagnosed with adenomyosis, endometriosis and fibroid. Resulting with heavy flow during periods and pelvic pain like thing starts 10 days before the period. Taking pause mf to control the flow. My question is .is hysterectomy is the only solution.
My hair is now very thin & I can see mine scale through them and daily it's falling. I'm using Olive oil n drinking ramdev baba amla juice still mine hair is falling. The roots of hair is dry n itchy n all the hair seems very light. I mean hair that fall very easily is soo much without comb they r falling. Please suggest any oil which can make hair stronger n thicker. Mine hair seems very less n dry .please also suggest should I wash head with regular shampoo because at the moment I'm doing it .even I'm using olive oil daily in the night or one day gape. What should I do now please suggest.
Which is best with no side effect capsules to play longer sex and wich increase stamina. Its nly one time use please suggest me wich is easily available in the market.
Sir how I make my stomach fresh in the morning. This problem is with me from last 4 years. The day I get fresh in a good way. The whole day I became good. As if not. The whole day I know .how I spent. Find headache. And all. Please help me out from this.
My father is diabetic and hypertension patient 67 years old. Recently diagnosed with kidney level 2 failure and keratin level is 3.3. Prescribed with aminos. Please tell me natural ways to improve amino acids with fruits and vegetables.
My gums near the wisdom tooth is swollen and also I'm having sore throat and it pains a lot. I find difficulty in swallowing. The lower chin to the right is also swollen which I think is 'tonsil' Also there's a pain in my right ear. So please suggest me something. Are all these pain related to each other? I stay at Marathahalli, Bangalore. please require your help and support. I'm in deep pain and unable to eat anything.
I am 37 years I am suffering from neck and shoulder pain, knee pain, piles from 4 years sometimes it's appears and nowadays it so painful I am using home medicines, which medicines are useful for this.
Hello Dr, my mother is a patient of osteoporosis n arthritis. Her knees are in a great pain n after the x Ray Dr. has asked to wait for some time before deciding on any kind of injection or surgery. She is 76 years old n hypertension patient .right now immobile. Kindly guide.
I have a child. She is suffering from generalized seizure since last six years. Now she takes 5ml valparin twice a day and clonazepam 0.25 once a day and cereflo four ml twice a day. Seizure stopped last one year. But language problem can not develop.
I am 20 year old male and my hair are falling too much I consulted to a doctor in agra and he recommend me finalo 1 mg and minoxidil 5 percent after using it regularly For 6 month my hair regrow back now I stopped using it for 1 month and my hair start to fall again should I start the medicine again if yes then for how much time I have to use it?
Melasma is a common skin problem where the skin becomes patchy brown, tan, or there is blue grey facial skin discoloration. It is also known as chloasma or mask of pregnancy. It occurs in women during the reproductive years and occurs rarely in men. It is primarily related to external sun exposure, external hormones like birth control pills and internal hormonal changes seen during pregnancy. Women with Melasma have a history of daily or intermittent sun exposure.
- Symptoms of Melasma: Melasma causes patches of discoloration, which are darker than typical skin colour. It occurs symmetrically with matching marks on both sides of face. It normally appears on the upper cheeks, upper lip, forehead and chin. It can also occur on the other areas of one's body which are often exposed to sun. Skin discoloration is not physically harmful, but it can affect the self-confidence of a person. Darker skinned individuals are more at risk as compared to fair skinned individuals. Melasma is associated with oestrogen and progesterone sensitivity, thus it can be triggered by birth control pills, pregnancy and hormone therapy. In few cases, stress and thyroid disease can also cause Melasma. Women taking hormone replacement therapy during menopause are also at high risk of getting Melasma
- Diagnosis of Melasma: A visual exam of the affected area is sufficient to diagnose Melasma. The doctor will perform the wood's lamp examination that uses ultraviolet (UV) light to look at the skin closely. However, the doctor may perform a biopsy to check for any serious skin conditions.
- Treatment of Melasma: When Melasma is caused by pregnancy or birth control pills, it disappears on its own. One can use creams containing hydroquinone or prescribed topical steroids, which can lighten the tone of the affected areas. Other options include chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion which will remove the upper layers of skin and help lighten dark patches. In cases of severe Melasma, doctor may suggest laser treatments to remove the dark pigment.
It is quite possible that Melasma will clear up with treatment, there are things one must do to not to aggravate the condition and minimize appearance of the discoloration. These include usage of makeup to cover areas of discoloration, wearing sunscreen daily or wearing a hat with wide brim to provide shade to the face. The patients with Melasma are known to be at a lesser risk for Melanoma. Even if Melasma disappears, it can strike back especially if preventive measures regarding exposure to sun are not followed. Resolution with strict sun avoidance and topical bleaching creams can take sufficient time and patients should expect slow, but gradual lightening. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.