Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My son is 9 year old, he is speaking very fast and repeating words and very bad pronounce continue walking or moving body cant stable any place for 2 minute, some times he lost presence of others, less sleeping, poor health, short memories. Thanks and regards
I have stammering problem only when I give some seminar or orientation. So can I take propranolol? If so when or any other solution? Plzz help.
I can't pronounce some words correctly. When I try to pronounce L it sounds like N. Please suggest me some solution.
I have tongue tie. I cannot speak faster in public conversation. I have to apply lot of pressure in my tongue. I want to know whether tongue tie release will help me in my speech? How much it is effective?
When I record my voice and listen to that so It Sounds as I am speaking through my nose and it really pisses me off. I can't speak clearly and many words stuck im mouth pls let me how can I get over on this and I have nasal allergy problem as well.
Hi, I am 35 years having stammering problem since birth and same have been improved a lot as I grown up. I am trying further to improve it but it still persist. Tried some of the advices like chanting, yoga etc. To improve but unable to see major effects. Need to overcome from this on immediately. Can anybody help me to recover from this problem.
Sir mai haklake bolta hu ,mere parents bhut pareshan hote hain. Ki humara beta haklake bolta hai. please koi treatment btaye thik krne ka.
I am 22 years old. My hands shakes and sometimes i am stammering? My confidence level is enough low. While giving presentations my hand shakes and heart beat increases. There is a feeling in me always that I cant do this and that? Please help me.
I am 18 years old male. My voice is not clear and deeper still. I am facing lots of problems with that. My voice starts changing at age of 15 but it is not completely changed and my voice is still coarky. What can I do to change my voice to be more clear and completely to low pitch voice soon.
I am 45 years old I have throat problem and I can't able to speak means voice is not clear so please help me what I take medicine for dat.
Hi, These are the symptoms I found. Previously I worked as a teacher. Currently I am working as a medical coder. As doctors suggested everything is clear. Could you please suggest any medicine. I am from Vizag. It is very difficult for me to travel. Please do the needful. Change in pitch Reduced pitch range Difficulty in speaking loudly / softly Pain / scratchy feeling in the throat while or after speaking Repeated sore throats / chronic throat irritation. Need to clear the throat frequently Breaks in the voice Feeling of lump in the throat Tremors or shakiness in the voice Strained strangled quality to your voice Voice drops to a whisper as you speak Voice use is effortful. Mostly I am taking more breath while talking and aspiration and sometimes getting sweat while speaking Mostly I am taking more breath while talking and aspiration and sometimes getting sweat while speaking.
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.