Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vibha BansalYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am 24 years old male and planning to get married with girlfriend who is 35 years old, can she be pregnant and give normal birth to a child? What are the precautions we have to take for normal birth? And what is the last age of pregnancy? Please help whether I am taking a right decision? Please help me.
Doctor, I am a type 2 diabetic. My Hba1c was 7.9 during October 2016. I was given inj. Lantus and inj. Victoza. My last periods was on November 27 2016. The pregnancy was confirmed on January 7th 2017. Immediately the insulin was changed. During the confirmation the hba1c was 7.3. Now it's 6.7. I am worried whether inj. Victoza have affected the fetus as it was been changed only after I was conceived.
I want to know how many times having sex is necessary for getting pregnant. And after sex can I go to wash room immediately also advise when can I determine I am pregnant and should I give brake in sex to get pregnant? Is changing position necessary!
I hd sex just before 1 day of my menstruation. Ejaculation was outside the vagina. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Hi doctor. my wife does not conceive after her leoroscopic removal of gall bladder. What may be the reason for that and remedy. Please answer. If she needs any medicines please prescribe. She has irregular period and excess bleeding.
How can I conceive with prolactinoma? I have a microadenoma of 5 mm. I am on cabergoline and recently got my tests done. My prolactin is normal now and I have got back my periods after 3 months.
Hello Doctor, we are planning for pregnancy. Can you please suggest us for correct time period for planning. Usually ill get the periods every month correctly on 28. Can you please lets us know clearly ovulation will start. We have to count from th date of starting period or end date. We are not sure about ovulation.
Heavy bleeding during menses.... What should you know?
Heavy or prolonged bleeding during menses is medically known as 'menorrhagia'. It is more common as you approach menopause but can occur at any age. The bleeding has to be severe enough to interfere with your daily activities.
The cause could be hormonal, pregnancy complications, bleeding disorder or a structural lesion like a fibroid, polyp, endometriosis or adenomyosis.
In advanced age cancer of the uterus or cervix has to be ruled out.
Symptoms of heavy periods
- soaking a pad or tampon every 2-3 hrs or less in a day
- passage large blood clots during menstruation
- your period lasts more than seven days
- you become anemic due to excessive blood loss
How to manage excessive bleeding
1. Maintain a record of the no of days and pattern of heavy bleeding.
2. Increase your intake of fluids and salt
You should increase your intake of fluids and especially salty fluids during heavy menstruation. You can have vegetable juices like tomato juice as well as salty broths during such times. This will help you especially when your blood volume goes down (which is characterized by dizziness or pounding of heart) when you get up after lying down. Your body would need more than four to six cups on such a day.
3. Increase the intake of iron
Increase your iron intake through natural sources like green vegetables, egg yolks, red meat, liver and dried fruits like raisins and prunes. You can also start an iron tablet once a day for faster recovery from anemia
4. Visit your gynecologist
A good history, few blood tests, and a simple ultrasound generally leads to the diagnosis. Sometimes a biopsy is required to rule out cancer. Multiple new drugs have been added in the last few years which have avoided the need for surgery
An early diagnosis ends up with better results. Hence, it is important to act early
Me and my boy friend have sex on last week august 5th, 2 times. He used double condom. And he inserted his fingers to my vagina so. Many times. He fingered very tightly. My last month period was on July 22 nd. But my tension is last day, after 7 days of sex, 12 th august bleeding occurred. Some amount of quantity has gone. Don't know how much. But when I wash and put a pad. After 2 hrs am noticed that there is no bleeding. Small pain was sometimes occurred. After that today morning that I noticed small amount of bleeding on my pad. Like spot. After that this much time there is no bleeding occurred. I want to know is this the normal period or any thing else? Actual date of my this month period is 20th August . I didn't take any pills also. Only he used double condom on that day. Please give me a proper answer.
Dear Doctors, Last month Feb 16, I had unprotected sex with my BF, and I took postpone72 tablet, And also I had my periods on Feb24 as normal, But this month, till now my periods not happening and I following a healthy diet Please help me, Is this effect of tablet or? Now I am ready for pregnant. Kindly suggest.
Dear Dr. To conceive my wife normally 10 to 18th days from the periods want to do the intercourse. If we are doing it all the days and avoiding only the periods time, any problem for it?Please tell.
Mine monthly period usually lasts for 4 days but this month it was only 3 days and quantity of bleeding also decreased, I have got my period 1 week delay also can anyone say me why it happened like that?
Hai madam or sir good evening, I have irregular periods. What is reasons to that. We r planning for babies from 2 years. No results please help from yours.
Hi. I am a thyroid and pcos patient and taking medicines to regulate my periods along with trying to conceive. Till last month I was taking duphaston but this month I changed my doctor and I started taking mentat 10 mg for the same. I took last mandate 10 on 15th June and till now I did not get periods. I haven't done pregnancy test yet. I am not sure after how many days I should do it or can there be chances of getting pregnant. Please suggest.
Hi doctor I'm 4 months pregnant my vagina is paining little I feel lk itching their is it normal these days I fell some Wt should I change my patients every day please suggest me.
STDs or diseases that spread due to the exchange of bodily fluids and most of them are treatable in nature, but one should get them treated as soon as poosible and should not ignore them as them can turn fatal as well. And, yes STDs can also spread without having sex. Some of the most common way of getting STDs without penetrative intercourse is mentioned below.
The most common way of contracting Sexually transmitted disease without sexual intercourse is:
1. Pucker up: Kissing can also cause STDs. Infections can be transmitted through the saliva if you swap your spit. Diseases like Mononucleosis and STD’s like herpes can be transmitted through kissing. This can cause cold sores and infections in the mouth.
2. Oral sex: If a person has an STD, he or she can easily transmit the disease to their partner by having oral sex. During oral sex, fluids from the genitals can flow to the mouth and vice versa. For example STDs caused by herpes simplex virus 2 can be easily transferred by oral sex. Chlamydia can also be transferred by oral sex. This can cause infections and immense discomfort in your throat. STDs can be prevented by wearing a condom or using a dental dam during oral sex.
3. Contaminated foods: You can also develop STD like Hepatitis A from food which is contaminated. If a person infected with an STD prepares your meal without washing his or her hand after using the restroom, it can easily contaminate your meal thus, transmitting the disease.
4. Touching bases: Skin to skin contact or indirect contact with a person who already has an STD can make you prone to contracting STDs. It can be caused by using an unwashed sex toy with an infected person and also with hand to genital contact.
5. Tanning salons: STDs can be easily spread from person to person by means of a tanning bed. If the surface of the tanning bed is contaminated by someone who has STDs, the risk of developing an STD increases for the next person who ends up using the same bed.
6. Razors and syringes: Sharing a razor or anything which pierces or cuts the skin is an easy and common cause behind contracting an STD. If the razor cuts the skin of an infected person and is contaminated with blood, the next person using that razor can develop STD due to blood contact. The same may be said of a syringe where users share them. Many people, especially drug users shared common syringes which resulted in large scale transmission of HIV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.