Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vibha BansalYour feedback matters!
Gall Bladder is a small sac which is pear shaped and is present just underneath the Liver. It is connected to the Liver through a small duct called the bile duct, the gall bladder stores the bile which is secreted by the liver and sends it to the intestines to aid in the digestion of fats.
When there are excess toxins in the liver there is concentration in the bile and this gets stored up in the bile thus leading to various kinds of gall bladder problems, such as- gall stones, infection and inflammation
Symptoms are as follows:
- Pain – mild to severe pain in the right side of the abdomen which usually increases with deep inspiration and expiration, Nausea, Vomitings, Loose bowels or constipation, Excess Gas, Fainting, fever and so on.
- In my practice I’ve found that people with obesity and high LDL cholesterol levels tend to have increased risk of gall stone or gall bladder problems, people who are obese also tend to have gall stones.
- Now - a - days owing to the food and lifestyle habits almost every other person has small stones in the gall bladder which may not be quite a problem now but later may pose a threat if they increase in size
- Solution: to avoid these problems of gall bladder we don’t need heavy medications and procedures unless until the problem is very severe, as there is a saying “ a stitch in time saves nine” you can save your gall bladder when your body gives you the signals that it is not able to take more toxins for this you need to avoid certain foods which I list below and follow a good detoxification of liver every fortnight:
Foods to avoid-
High fatty fried foods, sugary foods, Alcohol, coffee and chocolate, many people love creamy foods which lead to obesity and thus gall bladder problems avoid those creams,
Foods to take-
Beans, lentils, beetroots, celery, apples, carrots, any green veggies, these will help your liver detoxify easily
If you’re already having a gall bladder problem, you need to immediately make changes in your diet and lifestyle habits or get ready to get the gall bladder removed which might make it more difficult to digest fats and you will gain even more weight.
Homoeopathic remedies such as Taraxacum and Cardus Marinus help in solving the gall bladder problems but you need to consult a homoeopathic physician before taking these medications for proper medical guidance.
Avoid these above-mentioned foods and most of all stress try to be good yourself and love your body don’t force it to have more than what it can bear.
I consulted doctor for regarding irregularity in my periods. She consulted me susten 300 n said menses will come after 10-15 days so that means I will ovulate so during dat time what are the chances of being pregnant.
I had unsafe sex n next day I had an ipill. Next month my periods were 5 days early. I feel cramps and today I saw blood comings from my vagina while doing toilet. I am also facing mood swing. I am also facing vaginal discharge I am very tensed What should I do? Am I pregnant?
Today mrng me & my bf had dry humping we were on clothes me on underwear & he on pants & the same day I got blood in my mucous secretions from vagina can I be pregnant & why I got blood in mucous secretions pls do reply.
There are women who feel their looks are spoilt because of the presence of excessive body hair. While hair on women's body is common, excessive body hair isn't a normal condition and must be taken seriously. Women are generally unaware that the condition is known as Hirsutism.
What is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism can be defined as growth of excessive facial and body hair in women. With the world obsessed with flawless skin, such changes from feminine hair pattern (soft, fine, vellus hair) to masculine hair pattern (hard, dark, terminal hair) in a woman is generally unwelcoming and, hence, very distressing for the woman.
Why do some women develop Hirsutism?
In order to understand the reasons for such excessive growth in some women, it is important to understand the differences in the physiology of men and women. The male or female appearance of one's body is dependent on a delicate balance between male and female sex hormones. There is a predominance of the hormone estrogen in a woman's body, whereas androgens (testosterone) are the predominant sex hormones among men. However, some amount of androgens is secreted by the ovaries and adrenal glands (located next to kidneys) in women also. But, an excessive production of these hormones results in Hirsutism. Hormonal imbalance is by far the most common cause of Hirsutism.
Causes of Hirsutism
The common causes of hirsutism include:
1. Endocrine causes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a condition of hormonal imbalance in the body, which can result in an irregular menstrual cycle, enlarged ovaries with a cystic appearance on USG, infertility, obesity and hirsutism. For more information on the causes and management of PCOS.
- Cushing's syndrome - Excessive production of hormone Cortisol by the adrenal glands can lead to symptoms such as high blood pressure, abdominal obesity, skin discoloration, muscle weakness, irregular menstruation, and hirsutism etc. This syndrome is known as Cushing's syndrome.
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) - CAH is a condition of excessive production of hormones Androgens and Cortisol by the adrenal glands and generally manifests in childhood in the form of virilization. In such cases, CAH can present with symptoms such as ambiguous genitals, obesity, hypertension etc. However, sometimes the manifestation of CAH is deferred to early adulthood and results in milder symptoms, hirsutism being one of them.
2. Tumors - Tumors in ovary or adrenal glands can again cause hirsutism due to excessive production of androgens
- Long term steroid consumption (commonly used for immunosuppression, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis)
- Performance enhancing drugs (often used by athletes)
4. Idiopathic - the woman may be having hirsutism despite normal hormone levels
There are essentially two lines of treatment for hirsutism - one is medical management and the other is a cosmetic treatment.
Medical treatments for hirsutism -
A. Birth control pills - It's possible to reduce the severity and intensity of hair growth using birth control pills- the most commonly prescribed medical intervention! The birth control pills help by decreasing the production of androgens by ovaries. Besides this, estrogen present in the pills also helps the liver to produce more of sex hormone binding protein- these proteins bind to circulating androgens, thereby reducing their action on the body. Both these actions help in reducing the growth of hair on the body.
B. Anti-androgen medications - There are three categories of anti-androgen medications, which are commonly used for the treatment of hirsutism.
- I. Spironolactone - Spironolactone is a diuretic medicine, which blocks the effects of androgens on the hair follicles, thus controlling hair growth.
- II. Finasteride - Finasteride works by blocking the conversion of body testosterone into its more potent chemical entity, thereby limiting the effect of testosterone on hair growth.
- III. Flutamide - Flutamide is a potent anti-androgen, which blocks the actions of androgens and helps in controlling the hair growth.
However, we have to ensure that the woman is not pregnant when taking any of these three medications. These medicines are often combined with oral contraceptives, which also have a synergistic effect in reducing the severity of hirsutism. One should also seek an expert opinion before starting these medications as there can be serious side effects, especially on liver.
C. Steroids - Low dose dexamethasone can be used to control the overactive adrenal glands when used carefully. However, long-term steroid therapy has got its own side effects and this therapy should only be considered under expert care and guidance.
D. Insulin sensitizing medicines - Medicines such as Metformin and Pioglitazone (Basically these are anti-diabetic medications) help in reducing insulin resistance in the body, which, in turn, helps in controlling the effects of excessive circulating androgens.
Cosmetic treatment for hirsutism -
One very important aspect of cosmetic management of hirsutism is self-care. This can include shaving, waxing, use of depilators and bleaching creams. All these measures help to reduce the amount of visible hair in undesired parts of the body. But, this needs to be done very frequently for a sustained visible effect.
Permanent hair removal is also possible using electrolysis or LASER treatment. In electrolysis treatment, electric current is passed into the hair follicle using a needle, which damages the root of the hair permanently. Similarly, LASER treatment uses LASER to destroy the hair follicle. Both these are effective methods to get rid of the undesired hair. However, we do not yet know if there are any long-term complications or side effects of these methods and these methods are not yet approved by the US FDA.
Related Tip: How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??
Can I have unprotected sex with my gf after her periods are over. Her periods stopped on 24/09/16. And we do not want pregnancy. What are the safest way to have unprotected sex.
Hello doctor, Recently 3 months back I got normal delivery in 5th month due to leaking of aminoic fluid After that I gained too much wait Now I am 101 kgs and height 5'5 Please give me diet chart and suggest types of exercises. Thankyou.
I have problem in my vagina. Suddenly in my vagina development some extra skin on top of my vagina. It's feeling itching and some pain. What can I do. Is this big problem or natural.
Dinner is one meal that is the most treasured of all meals, especially because it is served after a hard day’s work and sweat. Hence, this particular meal of the day should not only be filling, but also nutritious. However, dinner can often turn out to be the unhealthiest of the three major meals in a day; given the fact that people are usually tired by the time they get served and thus, don’t pay much heed to what they are eating.
In some cases, it might happen because of being unaware of certain healthier alternatives and in others, simply because of their preference. Eating unhealthy, especially during dinner, is not a very good idea. If the food is laden with sugar and fats, it can add inches to your waistline. This is more prevalent during dinner as the metabolic rate slows down at night. Your best bet is to go for food items that are light and free from sugar.
Here are some foods that you can consider:
- Grilled chicken: Grilled chicken with a drizzle of olive oil is a dish that would enjoy a handsome rating on any foodie’s dinner list. It is light, contains proteins that will keep your muscles well fed and has little carbohydrates. You can add some chopped cucumbers and tomatoes to up the taste quotient.
- Plain chicken soup: This is an easy to prepare dish that is commonly consumed in the winter months for its therapeutic effects in fighting common cold. Like the previous dish, it is rich in protein and healthy fats. You can add some stock vegetables for a wholesome meal.
- Stir fried vegetables: This is another easy to prepare dish. Stir fried vegetables are one of the healthiest dishes you will ever come across. Simply cut some vegetables and toss them around in an oak for a few minutes, add some seasoning, such as mint leaves and sesame seeds. It is rich in Vitamins and antioxidants; also the fiber content of this dish helps you feel fuller faster.
- Poha: The quintessential Indian dish, poha or beaten rice pilaf is loaded with benefits. Poha is a complex carbohydrate, which means, the energy released from it will be slow and sustained. It is known for its high iron content and low calories. You can add vegetables and soya nuggets for taste.
You can also try paneer tikka with vegetable soup, grilled soya champ, grilled vegetable sandwich made from whole wheat bread, a katori of dal with 1 chapati.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife have a blocked fallopian tube so how much chances to her get natural pregnancy. And I have the 25000 millions of sperm count n I have drinking n smoking habit so have can we get a children.
Uric acid is a product of the metabolic breakdown of purine nucleotides, and it is a normal component of urine. High concentrations of uric acid can lead to gout and are associated with other medical conditions including diabetes and formation kidney stones.
To lower the uric acid value:
- Increase water intake
- Consume more citric fruits
- Have tomatoes, cherties, vegetable juices, apples, green tea etc.
Actually my periods are irregular from past 4 year now a days when I missed my period time, my weight increase and my body looks so fat I don't know why this is happening. My mother is suffering from thyroid but she is so thin.
Have you been trying to have kids for a long time? Is inability and delay giving you sleepless nights? It is important to know that Stress alone is a major factor for infertility.
Can Stress Have an Effect on Your Fertility?
If your mind and body is under stress your body is signaled to release a hormone - Adrenalin. This is a stress relieving hormone and gives your body the rush to face the stress. This hormone inhibits the utilization of the hormone Progesterone, which is essential for fertility. Also during stress Prolactin, another hormone, is relapsed which also interferes with infertility. Hence to conceive its essential that your anxiety levels are under control.
Chronic Stress also decreases libido:
Chronic stress may cause lack of libido as well as a decrease in general fertility. This has become such a common issue that they have created a name for it Stress Induced Reproductive Dysfunction. These facts are very important to consider if you have been trying to conceive with no results. It also shows that stress relief should be a part of every couple's conception plan even if they are going through IVF.
Ways to reduce stress & improve fertility:
If you are having difficulty to conceive, it's imperative that you get fertility tests done and also evaluate your life. Look out for the stress points that may be hindering a relationship. Remember defeating the stress may be the solution to your worries.
Reduce stress in your life: The issues in your life may be work or result related. You need to learn to balance your personal and professional life. The sooner you do it the better; after all you are preparing yourself to welcome a new born in your life.
Change your reactions: Get a hang of the situation and react accordingly. Over reaction to a situation can harm your body and mind. Stop bothering so much about the future.
Let few things be the way they are: Stop getting bothered about people. Remember by nature everything will fall in place. Let few things be the way they are.
Make it your habit to reduce stress: Call it an obsession or a practice, train your mind to choose options where there is less stress.
Sleep well: A good rest is essential for a healthy mind and body. Meditate, do yoga or seek counseling. Go for facials if it sooths you.
Please note that if your fertility reports are normal, then it's just a matter of time. Give you, your partner and your body time. There are certain medical complications or disorders that can also be responsible for infertility. Be calm and composed so that you are able to face the rough waters clearly with your partner.
I am 24 Year, recently I got marry but in started my periods, periods are irregular. But in few days I checked from the gynac for this problem. But he said you have a PCOS and they told they does not cure properly. Actually I ask for you PCOS is cure or not and I have child but in future problems are getting or not.
Hello I am 23 years old girl. & I am pregnant right now. Suffering from 5.5 month today. So now at this time can I make some physical relationship with my hubby? If NO, then can I do something (F+ing) to get satisfaction? Is it good for my baby or create some problem?
I had unprotected sex with my gf on 25 jan. And also give ipill on same day within few hours. Than I had unproductive sex again On 26, 27, 28 jan. Between 4-7 Oclock and I had given a ipill again on 28jan. Between 4-6 Oclock. My gf periods will start from 3 Feb. Tell me what is the possibility for pregnant. Give me side effect of ipill tablet. And suggestion also.
Hello doctor I want to know can any kind of male condom cause any disease or infection to male.like lubricant used in condom can cause anything wrong .or is it safe.
Dear doctor, , I had tubal blocks surgery of both tubes in last year April 2nd 2015. I got married on may 2nd 2015, but still I didn't get pregnancy. In between I went to gynecologists. She scanned n told o Something tissue is their , it should be removed. And then hysteroscopy is done in may. But still I didn't get pregnancy Doctor can I get pregnancy. Please give me the answer. I am eagerly waiting.
An estimated 22%of mercury used worldwide each year goes into electrical and electronic equipment including batteries flat panel display screens and switches and can cause damage to the brain, spinal cord, kidneys, liver and even for developing fetus.