Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Veena Goel
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena GoelYour feedback matters!
Hello I am 23 years old female. I took postpone pills on 1st March to 5th March in order to delay my periods to visit temple on 5th March. The periods got delayed and happened on 10th of that month. According to the above scenario I should hav Had my next periods on 10th April or maximum 15th April. But now it's 27th April. My periods are delayed by 17 days. Please help. I am worried.
I am not having my period. Its almost 5 days late still nothing. I am also having pain and feeling in my down stomach. Please answer me fast what to do.
I am 8 weeks pregnant due to sever pain in both breasts, I had a sonomammogram test as per the report it is stated that predominantly fibroglandular parenchymal pattern in both breasts. And In impression" no sonography abnormality detected" Dr, Kindly tell me that is this report is normal or any problem to my pregnancy.
1. Zap your stress.-
'The biggest issue I see in most of my patients
Is that they have too much stress. Stress can have significant
Health consequences, from infertility to higher
Risks of depression, anxiety, and heart disease.
Find the stress-reduction method that works for
You and stick with it'
2. Stop dieting.-
'Eating healthy doesn't mean you have to forget
Your favorite glass of wine or a piece of
Chocolate cake now and then. The key is
Moderation. Get a mix of lean proteins, healthy
Fats, smart carbs, and fiber'
3. Don't take too much calcium.-
'Too much absorbed calcium can increase the
Risk of kidney stones and may even increase the
Risk of heart disease. If you're under 50, shoot
For 1, 000 milligrams per day, while over-50
Women should be getting 1, 200 milligrams per
Day mainly through diet -- about three servings
Of calcium-rich foods such as milk, salmon, and
4. Do more than cardio.-
'Women need a mix of cardio and resistance or
Weight-bearing exercise at least three to five
Times a week to help prevent osteoporosis,
Heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Exercise
Also promotes good self-image, which is really
Important to a woman's mental health'
5. Think about fertility.-
Your birth control options
'While many women have no problem getting
Pregnant in their late 30s and even into their
Early 40s, a woman's fertility may start to
Decline as early as 32. So if you want to have
Kids, talk to your doctor first.'
6. Appreciate birth control.-
'Birth control gets a bad rap, but not only can it
Keep you from getting pregnant before you're
Ready, studies show it can lower the risk of
Uterine and ovarian cancer as well as regulate
7. See your doctor every year.-
'Make sure you get a pap test to check for
Cervical cancer every 3 years if you are 21 or
Older. If you are 30-65, you can get both a pap
Test and hpv test every 5 years. Older than that,
You may be able to stop testing if your doctor
Says you are low risk. If you are sexually active
And have a higher risk for stds, get tests for
Chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis yearly. Take
An hiv test at least once, more frequently if
You're at risk. Don't skip your yearly checkup.
Your doctor needs to annually assess many
Other issues such as potential infection, your
Need for contraception, and sexual complaints'
8. Have good sex.-
'Sex reduces stress and may lower the risk of
Chronic disease -- but only if you enjoy it. If
Anything prevents you from sexual fulfillment,
Such as dryness or pain, talk to your doctor to
Find a solution'
9. Get more sleep.-
'Sleep needs differ, but if you have trouble
Getting out of bed, tire easily, or have trouble
Concentrating, you likely aren't getting enough.
Recent studies suggest this can put you at
Greater risk of heart disease and psychological
10. Consider genetic testing.-
'Doctors can now screen people with a family
History of breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and
Chronic diseases to assess their risk -- and
Then consider preventive measures. Talk to your
My wife is having a problem in her left side breast we found a hard a ball like thing in it. Is it a sign of breast cancer or is this harm her life please help me. When whe try to press on it she z getting pain please help my wife.
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.
My mother's age is 40 years. She is having thyroid problem since one year. Since three months she is having pain in the right underarm and arm area. Yesterday she found a small lump in the underarm which is painful. What might be the problem. Is it a cancer? Please reply soon. Thank you.
How to use flavoured condom I mean is it for a girl to suck while m wearing a condom but that's oily how can some 1 suck a condom What is flavour for? I mean is it just for good smell or so that girls can taste that flavour nd how?
Do you find it too hard to figure out what to wear? Does taking some important decision leave you feeling paralyzed? These indicate that you suffer from compulsive indecisiveness. Struggling with this problem leaves you stuck in one place and causes you distress. Fear of taking the wrong decision is the primary reason, which makes people indecisive. It is also likely for you to bother too much about what other people think of you.
Here are five important steps, which you should take for overcoming compulsive indecisiveness:
- Forget your fear: Fear of something often causes indecisiveness. You need to figure out and write down your fears and what you would do if these occur. If you are indecisive about a job change or whether the new job will be paying you less, you should analyze how the reduced income will affect your life and how you can deal with it.
- Tune into your emotions: Maximum people who suffer from compulsive indecisiveness and struggle at making major decisions tend to over analyze situations a bit too much. In some cases, you cannot create an easy perception or a suitable side for a situation in spite of stressing over it from various angles. The situation will remain the same, no matter how much you think. Write down your options, think about them, rate them, and choose the top rated option.
- Practice on small things: For improving upon your indecisiveness, you should start practicing by taking small decisions every day. Aim at taking 10 major decisions everyday such as where to go for lunch, which route to take to work and more. Slowly, practice taking decisions quickly instead of pondering over a situation. Try to make instant decisions in various spheres of life.
- Learn to trust yourself: You need to list all your strengths. Write down whether you think if you are smart, creative or funny. Ask yourself whether you can infuse your strengths into your process of decision making. Try to test your strengths in all kinds of matters. Once you are sure of your strengths, you will be able to achieve your goals without hesitation.
- Pick one thing at a time: You should pick things and matters one at a time to focus on. If there are several things which bother you and add to your indecisiveness, try to handle them one by one. This way you will be able to give all your focus to one matter, and overcome your fears related to it. After that, move on to another fear.
It is important for you to let go and refrain yourself from analyzing whether a decision which you had taken is right or wrong. Instead, focus on activities which matter to you and do not ponder over old decisions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.