Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Veena Ganju MallaYour feedback matters!
Causes of eating disorders and risk factors associated with them
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?
From last two months we are trying for a child but it seems things are not going well So please guide us.
What causes your period to come late because my period suppose to come last thursday and I am 18 years old.
My wife delivered a baby on 25 December 2015 but after delivery my wife period stopped. Please tell me that is a serious matter or not. She is feeling not well. She fells pain in whole body. How can again start the period. Please suggest me.
I am 11 week pregnant doctor prescribe me to go for NT scan, I want to know about this scan , what is NT scan and why it is necessary to do? I want full knowledge of NT scan.
Supposed urine test results negative comes & period not occur after 22 days passed. What further to do for her period ,is any medicine for regular mc. Pl advice.
My wife did not get her period last six months actually she is mother of 6 month child so it is happened after her delivery. She is 31 years old.
I am 27 and my wife is 23 years old. We are planning for a long term birth control method and have Mirena IUD or Nexplanon Implant in mind, although we are not able to decide as to which would be the best for us. Which method would be the best and where in Navi Mumbai can we get it from? Also are there any other long term birth control methods available?
I have a cyst development in my armpits which resurfaces every 2-3 months. It is a hereditary problem in my family. Is it cancerous? Also I have cyst in my fallopian tubes. Would it affect my pregnancy and if so then what should I do to prevent it from affecting my pregnancy. Thank you.
My wife s both fallopian tubes blockage in two Tims operations can she pregnant in feathers I have one child.
I am 21 years old married women. I have a PCOS. I did my HSG and it shows ¤ no filling defects seen in the uterus ¤ there is mild peritoneal spill from both the side of fallopian tubes --- no free spill seen --- ?partial fallopian tube block. ¤ bilateral fallopian tubes appear normal in caliber with no dilatation. Is it possible for me getting pregnant naturally?
Plz Give me the perfect baby days period schedule recycle. My period date is 10 july 2017. Me n my hubby try for baby but still I did not pregnant after regular intercourse. As per doctor advise we test our fertility. My test is normal and my hubby semen test is as sperm count 27/million motility 40 active So what we can do for fast pregnancy.
Ever since the birth of homeopathy right until today, surgery has always been neglected by classical homeopaths. They have always treated surgical cases as a step brother under the blessed motherhood of homeopathy since it was taught right from the beginning that homeopathy has nothing to do with surgical cases and it should be always handed over to the surgeons.
Yes, it is absolutely true that homeopathy has the least thing to do in an emergency or accidental cases or cases with irreversible organic changes or advanced malignant conditions.
Yet, without being prejudiced I would like to present four remarkable instances experienced by our physicians in our clinic which will clarify that surgical cases demand at least some little attention from blind-folded prejudiced classical homeopathy physicians.
A 3rd-degree hemorrhoids (a sure surgical case) suffered by a patient was treated and cured by the physicians at our college opd whrre I used to study with only homeopathic potency nitric acid 30 and psorinum 1m
A 2nd degree uterine prolapsed in a 35 years old lady after abortion was effectively cured by one of my seniors by homeopathic potency aurum met 200 and sepia 200 along with homeopathic potency sulphur 200 as an intercurrent remedy.
A stubborn case of a sebaceous cyst under the chin of a 8 years old girl was cured with homeopathic potency sulphur 200 and silicea 200.
Necrosis of right tibia suffered by a 68 years old patient was completely cured in my clinic by homeopathic potency calendula 30 and hepar suplhur 1m. Before that, a reputed surgeon in Kolkata had advised to the patient to get his amputated from the knee if he desired to live.
I am 34 years old. Since last 2 months my periods were delayed by 10 days. In May it started on 16th. In June it started on 26th and in August it started on 4th. Now bleeding has started on 24th August i. E. Just within 20 days. 2 years Back I had a cyst for which I took medicines and it was cured. What may be the reason in such irregularity in periods?
I am age 44. I got married 10 years ago. I need one child more treatment taking but no result for me. I have diabetic patient.
Haldi is a vital spice used in the Indian cuisine and other south Asian cuisines. Also known as turmeric, it constitutes of some sugars, proteins, and resins, and is a ubiquitous Asian kitchen ingredient; almost every meal cooked has a dash of haldi in it. But apart from the colour, taste and aroma that it adds to the food, when added to milk, it becomes a magical potion known as desi haldi milk that can prevent and cure diseases.
Here are 5 lifelong benefits of desi haldi milk:
1. Has anti-inflammatory properties: haldi has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. According to Ayurveda, it has been named as the natural aspirin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, when combined with milk, it becomes a really useful drink that helps prevent cancer. It stops the growth of lung, skin, colon, breast, and prostate cancer, and for cancer patients, it helps reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Additionally, haldi milk provides relief from arthritis pain and improves the flexibility of joints and muscles.
2. Is a blood purifier: blood impurities can lead to severe health problems and desi haldi milk is considered an excellent blood purifier and cleanser if the principles of ayurveda are to be believed. It can revitalize and boost the blood circulation in the body. Acting as a blood thinner, haldi milk plays a significant role in eliminating all impurities from the blood vessels and lymphatic system of your body.
3. Helps control weight: turmeric contains curcumin, an antioxidant capable of preventing inflammation of various cells of your body like fat, muscle, and pancreatic cells. This also results in lower risks of health issues arising due to obesity like high cholesterol levels, high blood sugar, insulin resistance and other metabolic problems. Also, haldi milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat. This can be useful in controlling the weight.
4. Gives you healthier skin: haldi is a very useful ingredient for battling skin issues. Drinking haldi milk helps in getting enviable glowing skin and can also be used for application on the face and body. Dipping a cotton ball into haldi milk and applying that to your face can help you get rid of any rash, skin redness or blotchy patches. Moreover, bathing in turmeric milk can be helpful in attaining soft, supple and radiant skin.
5. Ensures better bone health: haldi milk is an excellent source of calcium, and has bone-strengthening properties, which are necessary to keep the bones healthy and strong. It also helps lower bone loss and prevent osteoporosis.
So go ahead, mix up the ever easily available haldi and milk from your kitchen, and drink up to a healthier you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.