Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Varun Grover
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Varun GroverYour feedback matters!
Hi! This is santosh anand. I have been facing a problem with a damaged chewing tooth for last few years. I had met a doctor in Bangalore 5 years ago and she did the treatment through root canal process and all was good after that. But from last 6-8 months all the filled part of that tooth is disappeared. And tooth is dead so far as I felt. So it's creating lots of problems during having food and even after that. And now scaring that it may affect the adjacent teeth. So please make me aware abt the procedures through which I can replace that tooth and how much money I need to spend in replacing that tooth. Thanks.
My mouth got sore in the right cheek around wisdom teeth. It is really painful. The area is not red but white in colour. Been using ORASORE ointment. It gives short relief but the pain is back. Unable to eat properly. Its been a week already. Please help. I have pictures if you want to see.
Hello. I am Abdul residing at calicut itself. I am suffering with big cavity and not structure for root canal or to take out teeth. When I approach a Dr, one year ago, they tried to take out but I knocked out on the spot. I am really afraid pain. Would you please suggest me how can Take off my teeth and where is the good place and Dr. To consult me. I am kindly looking forward from you. Thanks.
I am having sores in my mouth and tongue continuously since last few months and It's feel very burning on my tongue.
The gums are also called the periodontium - perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition, they also have an esthetic value with the healthy pink color. The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms:
- Fiery Red gums
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding from the gums: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- Pus from the gums when the gums are pressed
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Sensitive teeth
- Loosening of the tooth/teeth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention:
Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene.
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health.
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health.
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment.
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planning may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection.
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and visit a dentist regularly.