Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana ChopraYour feedback matters!
Over time, in our day-to-day lives, we keep dumping external factors like stress, pollution, etc. Inside our bodies. After it goes beyond your limits, there comes a time when the body needs to be cleansed, for it to function smoothly. Our body and our mind both go through a lot, for which detox is required from time to time. So, how does one know that the body needs detox? the body lets you know, and this is how:
1. Depression: you mood starts failing you and you feel stressed all the time. Depression seems to be looming over your head. You start eating wrong and eating more. Detox will not help cure clinical depression, however a mind detox helps rejuvenate the mind and allow positivity to flow in. A short vacation or even a staycation helps a lot. And if you have very less time, just take an afternoon off and spend it doing what you love the most.
2. Constipation: this is the sign that your stomach needs cleansing. You've been eating a lot of trash and the foods going inside you are not supporting proper digestion. A good cleanse with clean your colon completely, along with the digestive tract. This will help you digest better.
3. Laziness: if you are feeling fatigued and drained of energy even after a good night's sleep, and/or throughout the day, there is not much cup after cup of coffee can do. In fact, caffeine only makes the situation worse. In such a situation, it is advised that you go for a body and mind detox to get rid of all the toxins in the body.
4. Losing focus: we all lose focus at times. But if this is becoming a constant feature and the mental fog is just not lifting, this is your body telling you how desperately it needs a detox. Listen to your body and free yourself from the toxins.
5. Weight gain: unexplained weight gain and then inability to lose weight is a big concern, especially the inability part. This is an indication that you need to wipe the slate clean and start afresh. Cleanse your mind and body, and then start on your path of losing weight.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
If my partner is HIV positive. Then is it possible to have children. I mean then I hav to do sex without using protection. And I will be suffering from HIV too. How to avoid it.
Is reducing weight only solution for pcod if hav thyroid and a person who dose nt wan to get laparoscopy.
Running vs walking: which is better?
Is it better to walk or run? which burns more calories?
Running and walking are fairly similar concepts; both get you from a to b. How different are they when it comes to weight loss, then? where do the differences between the two forms of exercise lie, and which one holds the title as the better weight loss aid?
Before comparing the two activities head-to-head, it is important to note that both are beneficial. Both running and walking are proven to offer cardiovascular benefits. Both will help promote weight loss, improve your sleep, elevate your mood, boost your energy level, decrease blood pressure and cholesterol levels and decrease the risk of cancer, diabetes.
Another fun fact is that they have been shown to reduce risk of cataracts with age. They are beneficial to bone density and, therefore, bone strength.
Calories burned per 1-mile walk vs 1-mile run for a 156-lb person (around 70.7kg)
Walk calories burned per mile: 88.9
Run calories burned per mile: 112.5
Walk calories burned per minute: 4.78
Run calories burned per minute: 11.25
Walk after-burn per mile: 21.7
Run after-burn per mile: 46.1
Which burns more calories?
Does running burn more calories than walking? well, yes and no.
If you run for 20 minutes or walk for 50 minutes, you end up burning about the same amount of calories. But if you walk for 20 minutes or run for 20 minutes, running will create the biggest calorie deficit.
So if you've got more time, are more prone to injury or simply have an aversion to high-intensity activities, then go with a lower-intensity exercise, such as walking, biking or swimming.
Just remember that the lower your exercise intensity, the lower the calorie expenditure, so how long you exercise becomes more important.
Do keep in mind that everyone's body responds differently to exercise. So even though you and your spouse may both be walking for 45 minutes each day, your results will differ.
This is because the number of calories you expend during exercise depends on your body composition (lean mass vs. Fat mass). The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you will burn. In addition, the type of exercise you do and the muscles that are involved will also dictate the amount of calories used.
What's so great about walking?
Walking has a few benefits that set it apart from running:
Walking is correlated with an even lower risk of high blood pressure, heart disease or diabetes than running
Walking is ideal for joints because it is a low-impact activity
Lower intensity exercise, such as walking (as opposed to running which is high-intensity), burns energy directly from fat stores
Then why bother running?
Now, those are all great benefits, but that does not necessarily mean that they outweigh the benefits of running.
Running stacks up pretty well in comparison:
Running is correlated with a lower bmi and waist circumference than walking
Running burns more calories per hour, making it more time-efficient than walking
Runners controlled their weight better, so they were able to maintain weight loss long-term
Running suppresses the appetite and regulates hunger hormones
Running causes a more lasting metabolism increase even after exercise has ended.
How running and walking match up
So, which is the better exercise?
At the end of the day, that is really a matter of personal decision. The most important factor to consider is that intensity doesn't have a significant impact on weight loss if you are burning the same amount of calories.
Say you do a high intensity workout for a short period of time. You can likely burn the same amount of calories by doing a low intensity workout for a longer time. This means that you don't necessarily have to go for a run to burn the calories, though running will be much more time efficient.
A calorie is a calorie, and the subtle differences between running and walking are unlikely to add up much.
My daughter is 21 years old. Her knee bones are very weak. She complains of knee pain often and in winters and her periods, it grow worse. Often her bones produce cracking sounds, as if her bones are breaking and it worsens her pain for 5-6 minutes. What should I do?
People who eat fruit and #vegetables as part of their daily diet have a reduced risk of many chronic diseases. Usda's my plate encourages making half your plate fruits and vegetables.
Vegetables are an important part of healthy eating and provide a source of many #nutrients, including potassium, fiber, folate (folic acid) and vitamins a, e and c. Options like #broccoli, spinach, #tomatoes and #garlic provide additional benefits, making them a superfood!
Potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure. Dietary fiber from vegetables helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease.
Folate (folic acid) helps the body form healthy red blood cells. Women of childbearing age who may become pregnant and those in the first trimester of pregnancy need adequate folate to reduce the risk of neural tube defects and spina bifida during fetal development.
Did you know that metabolism functions within a scope that goes beyond just maintaining your body weight? This chemical process is also subject to a number of complications and disorders, and can wreck your system without your knowledge. Mineral Metabolic Disorder is one such impediment that can easily corrupt your body and is characterized by an abnormal and unprecedented rise or fall of the level of minerals in the blood. This may result in a number of cardiovascular and bone diseases.
Minerals undoubtedly play an extremely vital role in the proper regulation of the body conditions and aid and abet growth and development. However, under certain (and mostly unforeseen) circumstances, the mineral levels have a propensity to differ substantially from the normal rates and may lead to several disorders.
- Mineral metabolic disorders may be genetic in certain cases, being transferred from the parent to the child via genes.
- However, most mineral metabolic disorders are likely to arise as a result of certain clinical conditions pertaining to starvation, excess alcohol consumption,diarrhea and diet disorders.
The most commonly observed and medically documented complications affecting metabolism as a result of sudden augment or fall in the following minerals are:
- Magnesium: hypomagnesaemia and hypomagnesaemia
- Calcium: nephrocalcinosis, hypercalcemia, osteoporosis, kidney stones, Paget's disease, osteomalacia, pseudohypoparathyroidism, rickets and hyperparathyroidism
- Iron: hemochromatosis and cirrhosis
- Phosphorus: hypophosphatemia, osteomalacia, hyperparathyroidism, hypoparathyroidism and rickets.
- Sodium: hypernatremia and dilutional hyponatremia
- Zinc: nausea, skin rash, diarrhea, and difficulty in wound healing
- Copper: Menkes syndrome and Wilson's disease
- Potassium: Cushing's syndrome(from exposure to high levels of cortisol), Fanconi's syndrome, Bartter syndrome, Addison's disease and kidney disease.
The ideal remedy to battle the majority of mineral metabolism disorders is to maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow a proper, filling, and balanced diet. In case the diseases crop as a result of genetic factors, consult your doctor immediately. However, in most cases, proper medication and a wholesome and nourishing food intake is recommended to fight most mineral metabolic diseases.
5 Facts About Maternal Weight Gain in Pregnancy
1) Every now and then we find expectant women fussing about too much or too little weight gain during their pregnancy. One must remember that the absolute weight of the mother is not an indicator of the baby's well being inside the womb. Instead, another indicator called as the Basal metabolic Index (BMI- taken as a ratio of weight in kg/ height in m2) is more useful.
2) A normal healthy woman should have a BMI of 20-25 at the start of her pregnancy and the total average weight gain that she should achieve is between 12-16 kg spread over 9 months. Around 50% of this weight should be gained in the last three months of pregnancy. For women whose BMI is more than this value, should target less overall weight gain and vice-versa.
For example, if a woman weighs 80kg at the start of her pregnancy and is 1.72m(172 cm or 5-7feet) tall, her BMI would be approximately 27 and the average weight gain during pregnancy should now be between 7- 11.5 kg. Given below are approximate weight gain allowed for BMI values:
BMI Interpretation Recommended weight gain in pregnancy
1 15-20 Underweight 12.5-18 kg
2 20-25 Desirable weight 11.5-16 kg
3 25-30 Overweight 7-11.5 kg
4 30 and above Serious obesity 5-9 kg
3) Women who start their pregnancies at a higher than normal BMI are at higher risk of pregnancy-related complications but pregnancy is not the time for dieting or other weight loss procedures. One should aim to have a balanced approach and limit the total gain within the permissible range.
4) Some women loose 1-2 kg of weight in the first three months of pregnancy due to poor appetite and frequent vomiting. This is totally acceptable as long as their general health is not affected and there are no ketones appearing in their urine.Similarly, there might be times anytime during pregnancy when the weight gain would slow down or a woman may loose weight also due to poor appetite or loose motions.
5) At times, there would be a very rapid maternal weight gain in a span of a few weeks. Again there is no correlation with the baby's weight gain. Please have a look at your food intake and if there is no significant difference with the previous weeks, then have your blood pressure checked because water retention and swelling in the feet are common reasons for a sudden weight gain. Please ensure that you continue to hydrate your skin in this situation, to avoid getting too many stretch marks. Quick weight gain around the belly and thighs has been suggested as the number one reasons for excessive stretch marks.
We have been having unprotected sex for around a month and my girlfriend is facing problem like regular urination. Help me how to diagnose if she is pregnant or not . N how to terminate pregnancy.
I am 23 and my wife 20. During intercourse my wife does not get any pleasure. But when I do from outside means rubbing penis around vaginal opening and clitoris. She is having pleasure. So give me some solution so she can have pleasure during intercourse.
Is there any problem at the time of intercourse if I lick or kiss the Vagina and breast. Can I use finger for excitation to my partner. And how can I excite my partner. And how many times I can do intercourse in a day which is good for both. Is masturbation wrong for the female.Please tell.
1. Boosts your immune system
Lemons are rich in vitamin c, b, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and fiber. Although vitamin c is the key to jump-starting our immune system, the rest of the nutritional benefits of the lemon can certainly do you no harm. It's good to drink a glass or two of lemon water when you are feeling stressed, because that is when your immune system is most likely to fall prey to any surrounding bacteria or viruses.
2. A surprising source of potassium
Potassium is good for the health of your heart as well as your brain and nerve function. It is usually found in vegetables like potatoes and spinach, but lemons are also an excellent source for a potassium boost.
3. Eases your digestion
Lemon water should be consumed at room temperature, as warm water helps stimulate smooth movement within the gastrointestinal tract. Lemons and other citrus fruits contribute to this effect because they are rich in vitamins and minerals that loosen up the toxins in the digestive tract, known as ama. Lemon is an excellent natural remedy for symptoms of indigestion like heartburn and bloating.
4. A natural diuretic
Lemons increase the rate of urination and therefore are able to quickly remove toxins in the digestive tract that can affect the health of the urinary tract.
5. Keeps your skin clear
The potent vitamin c in lemons helps keep the skin blemish and wrinkle free. In addition, the antioxidants in lemon juice can be applied to scars and age spots in order to reduce their appearance without diminishing the skin's radiance.
6. Reduces inflammation
Drinking lemon water on a regular basis may decrease the levels of acidity within the body, which is where disease is most likely to occur. It works to remove uric acid in the joints which is the main source for joint pain and inflammation. It's also good to drink the lemon water in the winter at a lukewarm temperature to fight off the effects of cold-weather stiffness.
7. A caffeine aid
Lemon juice is an excellent way to cut back on caffeine in coffee or soda because it has similar rejuvenating effects. Substituting your morning cup of joe for a cup of hot water and lemon may save you from an afternoon crash and quiet your caffeine cravings.
8. Keeps you hydrated
Starting your day off with a cup of hot lemon water can not only prevent fatigue later on in the day, but also dehydration. Dehydration is one of the major causes of toxic buildup, stress and even susceptibility to viral infections. So if you are the kind that forgets to drink water, it is recommended that you drink lemon water in order to stay hydrated throughout the day.