Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vaisalika
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VaisalikaYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, I had sex. Wen I was in my periods wen t stop after 2 days I had last month period of 16 June so wen should I check as I had backache problem fever feeling vomiting but no vomit I go to washroom to much and feel thirsty n hungry I got married before 4 month so is it that a girl can get pregnant in this 4 months because some say no it take time approximate 6 month but I need a baby.
I am 20 years old female, I had sex last night without protection. I am worried, Should I take I-pill? will it be useful and help me not to get pregnant?
Stress is a major factor that leads to various complications in most of the health conditions. Hence, it is essential to deal with stress because doctors emphasize that if you can manage your stress, then you are already halfway through the treatment. But with HIV building up in your body it can be challenging to stay stress-free.
Effect of stress on HIV patients
Evidence has been found after extensive research that death may increase at times by 22% when an HIV patient starts taking lots of stress. So you can guess from the number what a huge impact stress has on HIV. Some other studies had brought to light a different angle of the effect caused by stress on HIV. It is said that the CD4 count and viral load increases by many folds in patients who have HIV and are under stressful conditions which have made them fall into the clutches of depression.
Steps that can be taken to curb stress-
- As the first step, you must identify the reasons or factors that are leading you to take the stress. These factors may be straightforward ones and something from your day-to-day activities. For instance, some might feel depressed about consuming too many medicines for HIV on a daily basis while some others might feel stress out because of the financial strain imposed by the disease. Sometimes the stress results from emotional reasons like departing from a loved one or being separated from the mainstream life.
- Once you have identified the reason behind your stress, you must put in some effort to get back to your daily routine and make your day organized. Mostly, it happens that people tend to extend their hours of regular activities and mess up with their biological clock. This should be avoided. Always keep fixed hours for your sleep, work and other activities. Add appropriate physical activities and proper diet to your routine which will help with your general health and help with managing stress.
- You must also learn to handle your emotions. Seek help in this case by attending counseling sessions with trained professional, especially when it comes to managing your sex life. Talk to your doctor and get all your questions answered because sometimes lack of knowledge leads to the development of doubts which lead to anxiety and then depression. And most importantly, spend time with your loved ones to obtain complete stress relief. This is one of the best methods to have a positive outlook on life while suffering from HIV.
So, while under treatment for HIV make an effort to avoid stress entirely to improve the situation. Follow the advice of your doctor, take the necessary medications and adopt lifestyle changes to lead a happy life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi. Am under fertility treatment for pregnancy. Used siphene last time n my follicle was just 11 mm. Thus time also doctor has advised to take the same. Along with five injections. But this period cycle. My bleeding was very less. N got stopped in third day itself. How effective will this cycle help me in pregnancy.
Rubbery cushions (discs) between the bones (vertebrae) stack up to form the spine. When a nerve between the disc and vertebrae is pressed and inflamed, that condition is called herniated disc. The herniated disc is also referred to as the ruptured disc or the slipped disc. This is caused when the soft jelly is pushed out due to a tear in the exterior. Herniated discs can lead to an irritation of the nerves and result in tremendous pain. It may also cause the arms and legs to become numb and weak. However, some people suffering from this condition may not display any symptoms at all.
Herniated disc generally occur in the lower part of the vertebral column. The herniated disc may also be seen in the thoracic spine or cervical spine. The symptoms of a herniated disc include pain in the legs, feet, or the buttocks, pain in the shoulder blade, tingling of the feet, numbness of the feet and hands, muscle weakness, neck pain or muscle spasm in the neck. Most common causes of herniated discs are aging, excessive weight or lifting of heavy weight.
Prevention of herniated disc
- Herniated discs are very commonly found in people who are aged between 35 or 55 years. They are seen more commonly in the men in comparison to the women.
- A herniated disc cannot be prevented easily, but there certain things that you can do to reduce the risks. Maintaining the proper techniques of lifting is important. You should not be bending at your waist. You should always bend the knees and keep the back straight. This helps you to use your leg muscles which are very strong to support the weight.
- As the saying goes, precaution is better than cure, so here are few precautions that can be taken to avoid herniated discs. Practicing a proper posture can help in reducing the risk of a herniated disc. It is extremely important for an individual to maintain a healthy posture while standing, sitting, walking, and even sleeping. It is imperative that you stretch your muscles when you are sitting in one position for a long time.
- Another important thing to avoid is high-heeled shoes, as they are few of the most common causes of a herniated disc. It would be a good idea to go for flat and well cushioned comfortable footwear as they can go a long way in reducing the risk of the herniated disc.
- Exercising regularly can go a long way in keeping the muscles of the legs, stomach, and back very strong. You should try to balance your flexibility and strength by exercising regularly. The best form of exercise to avoid herniated disc or ruptured disc is aerobic exercise.
- It is true that as you start to age, the chances of getting a herniated disc increase significantly. However, if proper precautions are taken, the stress put on the spine can be effectively reduced, thereby eliminating the risk of a herniated disc. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Over exerting our bodies and indulging in excessive physical exercise might result in complications. It could lead to muscular, psychological, hormonal, neurological and other imbalances. Clinical psychological says too many hours in gym can lead to chronic fatigue syndrome" one must remember that anything that your body does will directly affect your mind"