Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Doctor, my lips turns black when its dry and it will be normal when it is wet. Can you suggest how can I maintain my lips pink.
Hi Dr. I am 28 years old n 8th months pregnant but my skin become darker from top to toe and at the chick area it's become more pigmented it was low before pregnancy but now day by day it's become more dark brown n I am applying radiance skin brightening cream which contain kojic acid, glyceryl start mainly N other Ayurveda ingredients from 1 month it's working very slow n customers care told me to avoid using this cream during pregnancy but still I am applying mam Pls suggest me what to apply for brightening n pigmented skin.
Hi, Day by day my face glowing is decreasing and under my eyes got black. What should I do suggest me some best face wash. Thanks in advance.
Hi , doctors and Lybrate team , I am 19 years old and my hands and neck covered with tan . Kindly suggest me something to get recovered and also suggest about sunburn lotion . Because I used it before for some time . Should I use it ? Or not . If yes then please guide me how to . And also instead that . You can suggest me With your best . I will be very thankful to you . Thanks
I'm 36 old women and have oily skin ok suggest a good face wash or soap which can make my skin glow without oil.
Sir mere face pr pimples nikla hua hai jiske wajah se mai kafi ganda samajhta hu aur mera face pr black head v maujud hai to issko kai se clear kare koi tarkib bataye.
I am 27 years old. On my back some black acne are growing with some allergy. Please suggest me is it any type of disease and how to protect from it.
How to treat under eye darkness. I have wrinkles also which makes my face looks dull. Is there any chance to get rid of wrinkles completely and get bright eyes.
How can I get a fair skin .can you suggest any ointment. Is there any melanin control medcted cream.
I am having skin rashes from 2001 September in my both legs trunks. I have taken specialist medicines from medicines. These rashes (eczema type) disappear for some days and re-appear. The last time I visited a Doctor who told me these are a types of infectious acne of trunks and will recur often even after best treatment. I have to live with this disease for times to come. Kindly advise some Ayurvedic Medicines which I would take now onward. No more I will take Allopathy medicines. Thanks and regards.
I am 18 years old and I had pox for few month ago. But spots can not not go. What can I do for removing my pox's spots?
Sir. My hair is falling day by day. I used sampo like Dave, Headansolder but still falling. So please give me a solution to reduced or relief from this problem.
I am having some problem with my beard. Earlier I had totally black beard for almost 2 years. But since last month I have found that it is half blond and half black It doesn't even looks good and also I am not able to grow my beard because of it. Please tell me what should I do ?
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"