Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V. N. SehgalYour feedback matters!
I am 25 male working as software developer, I have pimples on my face, many said that its just hormonal changes it will go, but now I am 25 but still pimples come on my face why? what are the reasons for pimples? I noticed that every time I masturbate next day pimples come on my face is that the reason?
My present age is 63 years & my wife age is 62 years. We have no child. We try for adoption but both the age is total is more than 100 hence they are not consider for the same whether any chance is there for the same? also I have leukoderma. For that what is medicine is there? please refer the same & give me reply with regards
I have few white hair. What to do to prevent this white hair? what is the cause of white hair? is it because of the medicine which I eat for my irregular periods?
I have lot of hair fall since 2 years. I consult a doctor and he prescribed to use foli hair tablets and foli hair oil but no use. What to do?
I am suffering from acne and black heads. And my skin tone also gets darken. Suggest me some tips to cure my problem.
I am having a lot of pimples. The doctor advised me to keep my stomach cool. How should I keep my stomach cool to avoid pimples.
Hello. I Have dark circles and want to get rid of it. Tried many creams and home remedies too. Please help me guide and suggest me how can remove dark circles. And also how can give a glow to my dry skin. Thanks.
Birthmarks are dark spots/blemishes that are present at birth or appear soon after. Most of them are harmless and while some disappear with time, some don't. Birthmarks may cause a person to be conscious of their appearance and some types of marks may even pose health problems. You can opt for birthmark removal for cosmetic or health reasons.
Types of birthmarks
The two major types of birthmarks are vascular birthmarks, which are caused due to the incorrect formation of blood vessels; and pigmented birthmarks that are caused due to an overgrowth of pigmentation cells.
Common vascular birthmarks are 3 types:
- Haemangiomas: Bright red or bluish marks that may appear above or below the skin's surface.
- Port-wine stains: They are discolorations found mainly on the neck, face arms or legs, which look like wine was spilled on that area of the body.
- Macular stains: These are faint red marks often found on the forehead, eyelids, nape of the neck, nose or the upper lip.
Pigmented birthmarks are generally of 3 types- Cafe-au-lait spots, which are common coffee colored spots; Mongolian spots that are flat, bluish-gray patches on the lower back or buttocks; and moles that may be tan or black, flat or raised and may have hair growing out of them. Moles may develop into skin cancer.
So, in cases where a birthmark can be potentially fatal for your health, it's best to get it removed.
Here are the different ways you can choose from if you intend to get your birthmark removed.
1. Laser surgery - It's a widely popular birthmark procedure, especially for port-wine stains. A yellow light laser, called flashlamp pumped a dye laser, is commonly used for treating and removing birthmarks in children. Haemangiomas are generally treated with a pulsed eye laser when they start to grow in size and become thicker than before.
2. Surgery - Surgical excision can help remove a birthmark and minimize the resulting scar. Mongolian birthmarks, port-wine stains, and haemangiomas can be treated with surgery.
3. Cryosurgery and Electrodessication - Cryosurgery is the application of extreme cold to the affected area to destroy the diseased tissue. Electrodessication refers to the destruction of tissues by dehydration induced by a high-frequency electric current.