Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V K SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old female. I have been using black sunsilk for long but wherever I go, a salon or a parlour the review of the shampoo I get is negative and am confused if it does suits me or not, as if have lost my volume too, so what should I do to gain my volume back? And if changed, then which shampoo should I use?
Hi doctor my name is manish I want to ask you one question that how to get fairness suggest me some tips please.
I have been seeing blood in my stool for 3 days. The stool comes out healthy, the blood seems to drip from some wound that I can not feel or see. The blood is red and fresh and comes apart from stool. Should I wait for sometime before consulting a doctor?
My grandfather died last week bcz of tht I feel very depressed which is causing dark circles on my face. What r the remedies?
Hi. I have an oily to normal combination skin. 2 years ago I was attacked by pimples on face. The gradually decreased but have left these hokes or scars on my face. please suggest something to make them vanish.
I am 28 years female and resides in Delhi. I have missed my period and today is 31st day, Generally my cycle was for 28 days only. Today I am experiencing that something brown spots on my undies. Please advise what will be the cause, 5 days back I have check pregnancy test thru kit and its negative, so I am confuse here.
their ate some infection seen on my fingers. At night it etching so badly, I got temporary relief from putting oil. At day time it look like small layer skin. What it is. Is serious skin decease? What is permanent solution and how it been cure.
Suffering from red rashes on the body since Nov 2015 almost every day using Allegra it stops for some time. I want some other medicine to cure this disease.
I have a pimple problem often and it become mark spot on my face. I feel very bad about that. My skin also very oily. What is the solution to prevent the pimple and for the oily skin?
I have pimples and black marks on my face and I want to glow my skin? I want to be have a beautiful face What to do?
Since 4 days I am getting discomfort while sitting or lying down in bed due to pain in anal rectum. Swelling is there and lot of pain. I am talking pain killers to reduce the pain. It seems hemorrhoids but bleeding is not there. I used an ointment Piles Cure but it didn't work. Pain and swelling still there. Please suggest.
The first drops of rain, the lush greenery, the landscapes all rain drenched - the monsoon makes it truly enchanting, bringing the best out of nature. While most of the people enjoy the monsoon, some people often end up being at the receiving end. The season can be quite punishing triggering a host of digestive and skin problems and infections. In this article, we will discuss some important tips to help keep your skin healthy and problem free during the monsoon.
Common dermatological problems synonymous with the monsoon:
The onset of monsoon may not be at all welcoming for the skin. With an increase in the humidity levels, fungal infections, intertrigo, ringworms, skin rashes, and irritation become inevitable. A study suggests that diabetic patients need to be extra careful as they stand a greater chance of suffering from skin infections and other related problems triggered by the monsoon. Mentioned below are some of the skin problems and infections that are often known to affect people during the monsoons:
- Eczema: It is a non-contagious dermatological condition characterized by skin inflammation, redness, and itchiness. The affected area of the skin also appears rough and cracked with the formation of blisters. Monsoon is known to act as a catalyst, aggravating the condition and the associated discomfort to a great extent. People with eczema or sensitive skin should be extra careful during the monsoon.
- Scabies: A contagious skin infection caused by the Sarcoptes scabiei (parasitic mites), scabies results in the appearance of a rash along with severe itching (which often worsens at night). The humidity and temperature fluctuations during the monsoons serve as a perfect environment for the mites to thrive. If left untreated, the condition will result in extreme discomfort.
- Athlete's foot: A contagious fungal infection that is known to affect the skin mostly around the feet, toenails (the fungus grows on the feet) causing itching and blisters formation. The affected skin and toenails appear rough, cracked, and at times, even discolored.
Effective measures to avoid the skin problems during the monsoon:
The following tips can go a long way to ward off the annoying the skin problems.
- Practice a good personal hygiene. Keep yourself and your clothes (especially under garments) clean.
- Keep yourself dry. Avoid staying in wet clothes for too long. Rain or no rain, keep a raincoat or an umbrella with you all the time.
- As some of the skin problems are contagious, one should avoid sharing their clothes and personal belongings with others.
- Your diet can also play a pivotal role in minimizing the incidences of skin infections. Avoid hot and spicy food. Instead, opt for more fruits (avoid mangoes, watermelon), vegetables, yogurt, almonds, garlic, brown rice, oats, to name a few.
- Keep your body well hydrated. Sip water (preferably purified or boiled) at regular intervals.
- The use of medicated soaps, antifungal and antibacterial creams and powder may be helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.