Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. UshaYour feedback matters!
I had a sex with my boy friend before marriage but without using any protective methods. We did it but we dont complete it even we dont allow sperm to get in. Since it is first time because of fear and pain and not yet marrried we then stop doing it. For a note not even hymen get torn, but now I forgeted my periods due data so I ate a tablet for pre mensturation without geting its name too. But till now I dont feel my periods is coming and I had a sex absolutely 7 days before this day. But after consuming this tablet I experienced abnormal fow of thick white in my vagina. My doubt is am I pregnant or am I having any other problem in fallopian tube or uterus for such awkward dense white flow. Please help me.
I have a break in my periods. I have got my last periods on Dec 8 2014. I am 48 years old. .Past one year my periods are irregular. Do i have to go to doctor , or shall i wait and see. I need your support and please tell me what to do ?
Involved in sex. But he didn't cummed inside my vagina. After Cumming outside. He cleaned his penis. And inserted again for once. Is there any chance for pregnancy? My body is getting overheated since that very next day of sex.
Dear sir Muje Ye puchna he Ki Meri Wife Ke vegina Se WHITE Pani Nikal Raha he .2 ya 3 din Me Ek bar Nikalta He .Kya ye Normal He ya Fir Wife Koi Problem Hogi? Please give Suggesion.
Hi. I am having irregular mensrual cycle and I opted for ayurvedic treatment and I am advised to take patanjali stri rasayan vati and medohar vati. Now the question is when I look at the composition it says aerosil in the base. May I please request you to guide me if the medication is having any alcohol or spirit content in it as I cant have any alcohol or spirit in the medication that is why I didnt opt for homeopathy medicines.Please help.
Dear Doctor, I'm not sure if I'm still pregnant. My Beta HCG on 15th Aug was 726 and on 22nd Aug, it was 1541. My last period was on 22nd June. But I started to bleed past three days not heavy but I need to put a pad. I did a home pregnancy test just to ease my mind it came very dark both the C & T on the home test are dark. But this bleeding is worrying me. Can any one help, am I still pregnant? 22nd or 25th is usually my menstrual date so is it my period I'm not sure as the flow is not heavy. Please reply.
Your health is affected by a number of physical, mental and emotional conditions. Falling in love is one of these factors. Being in love with someone does not only put a smile on your face, it can also boost your immunity and lower stress levels. Love can make you feel stronger both mentally and physically. Here are a few reasons why love is beneficial to your health.
- You may have a longer life: Love helps fight stress and hence helps reduce the harmful effects of stress. Stress is a direct trigger for many fatal conditions such as heart attack and strokes and thus, being in love reduces your risk of such diseases. Studies have also shown that when in love, a person takes more care of themselves and hence has a lower risk of having an accident, violence etc. thus, being in love can give you a longer lifespan and can reduce chances of an early death.
- You may have a lower risk of lifestyle diseases: Along with boosting your immunity love can also improve your lifestyle. Instead of microwaving a TV dinner, a person in love is likely to eat a healthier meal with their partner and be more conscious of their diet. Being in love also makes you want to look good thus, encourages exercising. By following a healthy diet and exercising regularly, you can reduce your chances of suffering from lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and obesity. Living with a person you love can also lower your alcohol and nicotine consumption and hence protect you from their ill effects.
- It protects you from depression: Companionship and love are good for a person’s mental health. Love can help stabilise emotions and keep you from depression. By living with someone a person does not have the chance to withdraw into themselves and can always rely on having someone to talk to. By sharing your thoughts and emotions with another person, difficult situations can become easier to handle and hence cause less stress and depression.
- It can help you look younger: As mentioned earlier, being in love can make you take better care of yourself. It is often said that a person in love ’glows’. In a nutshell, being in love makes you happy and this releases happy hormones that aid in the removal of toxins and prevent premature ageing. When you’re in love, you may also notice your hair looking healthier and shinier. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Before 2 months am going to abortion due to unplanned pregnancy but now m facing a problem that last month my period date is 25 November 2016 and in this month period start from 20 december 2016 only 2-3 days before that my period days is complete 5 days cycle so pls suggest there's any issue. Date extend or periods 5 days cycle less than 2-3 with very low bleeding pressure pls help suggestion.
Apple cider vinegar is the sort of a super food which takes care of multiple health problems for us. The most fabulous news probably is, that it helps in weight loss too. The ideal way to consume acv is by mixing a teaspoon in a cup of water and drinking before meals. Here are a few ways by which you can lose weight with apple cider vinegar:
The organic acids and enzymes in apple cider vinegar help speed metabolism which in turn helps burn fat at a much faster rate.
Apple cider vinegar is also said to help detox our bodies by absorbing the toxins and causing the bowel movement to improve.
It also helps stop those sugar cravings we have in between meals, in turn stopping us from overeating or eating in between the meals.
Apple cider vinegar also helps in making one feel full, thus suppressing one's appetite.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Obesity is a common problem in today’s world; especially with the changing food habits, increased stress levels and poor lifestyle choices coming into play. In women, weight gain can primarily occur because of hormonal imbalances and pregnancy. The various causes of weight gain in women are:
- Menopause: On reaching menopause, hormonal imbalances can increase appetite and lead to weight gain.
- Stress and pregnancy: Pregnancy is a period when a woman tends to eat a lot and put on weight. Pregnancy can also result in piling up of stress because of the anticipation as the D-day draws nearer; increased stress levels lead you to eat more and you tend to put on more weight, thus increasing risks of suffering from obesity eventually.
- Diseases: Complications in the liver and the kidneys may cause you to gain weight.
There are many options that a woman can opt for weight loss. Some of the best non surgical treatment for weight loss is:
- Ultrasonic lipolysis: This is a non-surgical technique to reduce fat from abdomen, thighs, hips, back etc.It involves HIFU (high intensity focalized ultrasound) wherein, ultrasonic waves are directed on areas in the body which have excess fat. The process involves removing fat tissues through the natural drainage system of the body i.e. the lymph system.
- Endermology: Endermology is a technique that is used to increase blood circulation and reduce cellulite (persistent layered fat) content in the body. The procedure entails using rollers which are rolled on the skin to stretch the connective tissues, which results in cellulite reduction. It also revitalizes the tissues in the body and prevents bloating. The treatment is painless and is known to relax the tissues in the body.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a non-surgical technique that is used to reduce fat from the body. The procedure involves administering medications to the concerned areas of the body which have excess amounts of fat by means of injections. It enhances the circulatory and immune system of the body; it is a painless procedure and does not require post-surgical recovery time and so considered as a best weight loss treatment.
I am 20 years old girl and since a week I am suffering from vaginal irritation and burning sensation. Please suggest any ointment or medicine.
Sir my last cycle was got over on 29th sep and on 6 oct I had sex I took i-pill within 1 hr of it. On 12 oct I was bleeding. Nd The bleed is heavy and I am having pain in stomach. I am pregnant? Or just side effect. I took pregnancy home test it came negative. Sir is this my new cycle? And For how many days the pain and bleed will be there please help Me.
We are thinking of taking a chance but we don't know what precautions we have to take while planning pregnancy ?
Laparoscopy, also known as keyhole surgery, is a type of surgery, which involves the usage of small tubes, surgical instruments and video cameras for operations through small incisions or cuts in your body. Though different people experience the surgery differently due to difference in health conditions, there are some points everyone should know about a laparoscopic surgery.
1. The problems that laparoscopy addresses
Conditions like ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disorders are generally treated using laparoscopic surgery. Moreover, laparoscopy is also used to remove the gallbladder, appendix, patches of endometriosis or detect adhesions, fibroids and cysts. Also a biopsy of the organs inside the abdomen can be done through laparoscopy.
2. The duration of your stay in hospital
Usually performed on an outpatient basis (release on the same day as the surgery), a laparoscopic surgery may require you to stay overnight at the hospital if your condition requires a complex or lengthy surgery. Moreover, if the doctor feels that a bowel resection or partial bowel resection needs to be performed, you may have to stay at the hospital for a few days.
3. The preparation required pre-surgery
If you are going to have a laparoscopic surgery soon, ensure that you inform your doctor if you are taking any blood-thinners like aspirin or if you are allergic to any medications like anaesthesia. Moreover, let the doctor know if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. After giving all this information to the doctor, strictly follow all the instructions he/she gives you. Also, make sure that someone is available to drop you home after the surgery as you might be too weak or in too much pain to go back home by yourself.
4. Pain management post surgery
Laparoscopy is generally followed by a sore feeling around the cuts as well as shoulder pain. If the pain is unbearable you can ask for medication from your doctor or consider common analgesics. Recovery time for a laparoscopic surgery is only a few days, and to get through this period easily seek the help of a friend or family member to manage your medications and lift your spirits.
5. Restrictions you need to follow during the first couple of weeks
For the first couple of weeks after the surgery, your doctor might ask you to abstain from driving, tub bathing, swimming and having sexual intercourse. Make sure that you follow these rules and get adequate amount of sleep to ensure speedy recovery.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Endometriosis: causes and treatment
Endometriosis is a chronic disorder that occurs when tissues, which form the inner lining of the uterus - known as the endometrium - are found outside the uterus. This abnormal growth of endometrial tissue can take place on any part of the pelvic and abdominal regions such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina, vulva, bladder, etc. Rare occurrences of endometriosis can also happen in the lungs, on the arms, and thighs among others.
There is tremendous research underway with regard to the causes of endometriosis in women as the exact root of its occurrence has not been determined.
The most plausible explanations for the development of this disease are as follows:
1. Retrograde menstruation: the most likely cause of endometriosis, this happens when menstrual blood and tissue backs up into the fallopian tubes and pelvis instead or getting expelled from the body. These displaced endometrial tissues then stick to the pelvic walls and grow on other organs in the region.
2. Endometrial cell transport: endometrial cells and tissues are often transported through blood and lymph vessels to various parts of the body where they start to thrive.
3. Embryonic cell growth: embryonic cells that line the walls of the pelvic and abdominal cavities often turn into endometrial tissue, which causes endometriosis.
4. Surgical scars: endometrial cells often get surgically transplanted to scars in the abdomen and pelvis during surgical procedures such as c-sections or hysterectomies.
5. Immune system disorder: dysfunction of the immune system prohibits the elimination of endometrial tissue outside the uterus.
6. Foetal development: endometriosis can occur in a foetus that retains endometrial tissue, which develops into the disease later in life when triggered by pubertal hormones (hormones that trigger puberty).
7. Hormones: endometriosis is stimulated by the hormone oestrogen, which leads to the disease when it reaches abnormal levels.
Endometriosis is a curable condition. The common treatments include:
1. Pain medicines: over-the-counter painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs help relieve the agony of endometriosis and burning menstruation.
2. Hormone therapy: the administration of certain hormones such as birth-control pills and other hormonal contraceptives, as well as drugs that block stimulation of the ovaries are effective in suppressing the development of endometriosis.
3. Surgery: this resorts to only when all other methods of treatment have failed. The initial surgical approach is to remove the extra-uterine endometrial growth. However, some cases might require a hysterectomy with complete removal of the uterus and ovaries.