Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UshaYour feedback matters!
Hormonal imbalance is very common in women who are about to reach their menopause. The setting of menopause can lead to a variety of symptoms like moodiness and depression to hot flashes, insomnia and vaginal dryness. Homeopathy has remedies which are very helpful in relieving the symptoms of menopause, when chosen for an individual as per their history. Homeopathy stimulates the person's healing response to a certain stimulus, allowing the person to heal on their own.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies:
- Pulsatilla: This is for women who are mild, sensitive and weep very easily during the perimenopause stage. These women might whine when unhappy and are very depressed and sad. The women who need this medication prefer company, companionship and support. She is often uncomfortable and warm in hot rooms especially while experiencing hot flashes. The remedy is helpful in cases of insomnia and empty nest syndrome, a syndrome when children leave home. This often coincides with change in a woman's life. Pulsatilla is very helpful for hormonal imbalance including during the menstrual cycle and peri-menopause phase.
- Cimicifuga: This is recommended for those women who suffer from severe headaches during perimenopause. The headaches are characterized by a pain in the right side of the neck, which often extends to the right shoulder. This remedy is also helpful in women who feel disappointed and trapped in their lives. Some women who have a feeling of being caged and surrounded by dark clouds also benefit from this. It is considered to be a perfect remedy for many women who experience hormonal changes at the menopausal stage of their lives.
- Sepia: This remedy is especially helpful for perimenopause and hormonal imbalances. This is helpful in women who feel exhausted and chilly. Sometimes a woman might develop an aversion to her family members especially the children and does not want to care for them. Sepia is known to help women overcome these feelings, enables them to reestablish stability and balances hormones. Some women also get a feeling that their inside are bearing out and get a sensation that their uterus and vagina might fall. This feeling and sensation is eliminated by sepia. Sepia is also helpful for the host flashes, dryness, vaginal irritation and moodiness during this phase of their life.
- Lachesis: This is indicated in the perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms like the night sweats and hot flashes. This remedy is capable to provide a relief from the occipital headaches associated with the changing hormones. Women who need lachesis might be witty, loquacious, nasty, crib and complain about the body pains which are more significant on the left side, like the left ovary discomfort. This remedy also relieves insomnia and depression related with the hormonal swings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor and ask a free question.
My wife monthly period is not complete at every month, hardly 2 days and very very less, please give solution.
Hi doctor, 3 months before married to my wife 26 yrs. But after intercourses not conceived, so after consulting a DGO done a ultrasonography- abdomen & pelvis (TAS & TVS). In the result given, minimal free fluid in the POD Impression:- USG Abdomen and pelvis reveled 1. Polycystic ovarian disease is of concern Given. From this what we want to mean. Kindly reply me as soon as possible.
Hello sir Meri Friend woh hamesa. Sex. Liy. Exiting. Rhti. H. But. Sir masturbate . Karti hai week mein. 4bar. I am worried about it as she is just 25 years old and is it safe for her ?
I have undergone pelvic ultrasound examination, wherein the report show like this Myometrical and endometrical echoes are homogeneous. Endometrical echoes thin lined. Right ovary shows a cyst with homogeneous echoes measuring 4.6*3.3 Size. No e/o solid areas classification. Left Ovary measures 3.1*2.9 cm.
M 23. During my periods I bloat a lot and pass out a lot of gas. And the gas also comes out from the vagina. Does this mean the hymen has split? M a virgin and have never put any object in the vagina. Still does it mean the hymen is ruptured?
Hello, I just had sex with my girlfriend last night and it was unprotected. I just wanted to know that if I didn't ejaculate can I still become pregnate from pre ejaculation? We didn't have sex for very long only a couple minutes because of my torn frenulum, I just wanted to know what I should think/know and this point? I didn't ejaculate but didn't use condom. Is there risk of pregnancy, Should my gf take emergency contraceptive pill?
I am 31 year, height 5 ft 2 inch, weight 62 kg, I am planning for pregnancy, I have diabetic and taking medicine and thyroid is in border line so doctor suggested medicine for thyroid also. My fat are only accumulated in belly and no where else. Please suggest what all food should I eat and what not?
I wanted to know about the side effects of using oral contraceptive pills like i-pill or unwanted 72? If someone is taking this medicine once in a month. Will it do any harm to the body? Also, after taking this medicine one feels little blood drops the next day. Is it normal? Thanks in advance.
Hii sir, my age is 21 and I am having irregular periods. Can you please suggest me how to make my periods regular.
Hello. I had unprotected full sex before my period day. Then I took an i-pill. Is there any side effect of these?
Hello Doctor, I had sex before many times. I'm trying to overcome it. But at night when I sleep. I get my ovum released and morning when I wake up it stinks. What is the reason for it.
The urinary system in both men and women are susceptible to infections and many other internal disorders. Although many of the disorders may be caused due to underlying diseases or hereditary causes, many others may be caused due to bad life style habits as well as personal hygiene issues. Personal hygiene issues will not only lead to infections, but if left unchanged, may cause more serious problems such as tumors overtime. However, with the help of some basic tips and following some daily routine, you can ensure good urological health overtime. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Drink plenty of water daily: This is applicable to both men and women and it is important, especially in a country like India where hot and humid conditions prevail for most of the time. A common figure quoted most of the time is 2 to 3 liters of water daily although this is quite arbitrary and may change from person to person and climate to climate. What is important is that you should remain hydrated and calculate an ideal amount of water consumption. This is necessary to stop stone formation in the gallbladder, kidney, ureter and other areas of the genitourinary system.
- Cleaning tips for men: It is important to ensure proper hygiene for good penile health. Uncircumcised males should retract their foreskin while taking a bath and clean out the smegma or white accumulations from around the glans. This will reduce the chances of inflammations and urinary tract infections from occurring. Circumcised males should thoroughly wash the penis as well to keep it clean.
- Regular ejaculation: Men are advised to ejaculate regularly either through masturbation or through sexual stimulation as it is beneficial in many ways. Ejaculation helps clear the tracts, exercises the prostate and also keeps the pattern of proper blood flow to the penis active. It maintains urological health as well as you sexual health.
- Don’t hold your urine for too long: Although this is especially applicable for women, it can be bad for men too. Holding the urine within your body for too long may result in an infection and may also make your bladder muscles weaker resulting in urinary incontinence later in life. Women, especially should be careful as they have a shorter urethra leading from the bladder and thus are more prone to getting urinary tract infections in this manner.
- Avoid harsh soaps and use milder ones to regularly cleanse the groin area: The groin is one of the moistest areas, as it remains covered up most of the time. This makes it an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. It is important that you clean this area every day thoroughly with mild soap. Also, after urination, women should wipe front to back i.e. from the opening of the vagina towards the anus while wiping down after urinating or cleaning. This is to ensure that fecal bacteria don’t get into the vagina as it can cause a host of infections.
- Tips for sexual intercourse: It is important for both men and women to urinate, wash and clean after sexual intercourse as this can help clean the bacteria that may have come from one partner’s genitals into the other. Women should especially follow this advice as it can help keep many infections at bay.
- Changes in certain foods: Reduce caffeine intake through tea or coffee as it can irritate your bladder. It can also act as a diuretic which makes you urinate frequently. This will result in your bladder becoming weaker. Also reduce salt intake as it can increase blood pressure and end up damaging the kidney to the point of permanent kidney damage or kidney failure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
My age is 46+, I have hepatic fibrosis, is there any life risk? How I protect my liver? Reduce fatty liver.
I have 28 days menstrual cycle . I want to know that in which time I am safe for unprotected sex. Or what is my safety time.
I am 31, having pcod and am trying to conceive & I got my last periods on 29th March & so I did Upt at home which was negative and even further after one day did blood test in which my hcg beta subunit is below 1.2,so want to know what does this mean? Am I pregnant or not?
To ensure that you get the greatest benefits from your physiotherapy visit, we recommend that you:
1)See your Physiotherapist early
2)Set a goal of what you hope to achieve
4)Follow your physiotherapist?s advice
5)Carry out the exercises as instructed
Take an active role in your recovery, so you learn to self-manage your injury
Please contact us with any questions about getting the most out of your physiotherapy visit.
It was believed by Dr Peter D’Adamo that the unique antigen markers of different blood group types react to different kinds of food. The consumption of the wrong kind of food may lead to various health conditions. The right kind of food, when consumed according to the blood types can help prevent chronic diseases, maintain an optimum body weight and act as defence against a large number of diseases. It was also believed that stomach acid levels and digestive enzymes are related to blood types.
Blood type diet:
- Blood Type A should only consume a vegetarian, in fact vegan diet.
- Blood Type B is recommended a balanced diet of meat, dairy products and vegetables.
- Blood Type O should consume high amounts of animal protein along with lots of fruits and vegetables. The carbohydrate, dairy and wholegrain intake must be low.
- Blood Type AB should stick to a vegetarian diet mostly, with occasional inclusions of meat and dairy products.
Pros of a diet based on blood group
- Food that agrees with your body system is essentially beneficial to your body.
- Blood type dieting makes exercising the most important part of your daily health regimen. This helps to promote fitness.
- It is effective as far as weight loss is concerned.
- It discourages the consumption of processed food and junk meals. Healthy fresh vegetables, fruits or dairy products will always be beneficial.
- Does not allow the intake of fatty, sugary food items.
- You can choose different food for your diet from a variety of food items suitable for your blood type.
Cons of a diet based on blood group
- It does not include food from all food groups.
- Many nutritionists and scientists have not been able to establish a connection between blood type and food suitability.
- Cutting out certain essential food groups can be quite dangerous.
- The theory of Dr D’Adamo is quite questionable and disputable. It does not have a medical backing.
- Following this diet can be quite tedious.
- There can be varying results from following such diet and this makes it difficult to analyse the outcome of following such diets. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.