Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Usha AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, My Question is that I have done my abortion on last 21st of August but till today I am not getting my period.
Whole soy foods can protect against disease,
Provide nutritional benefits, and taste great in a
Variety of dishes! learn what makes soy so
Healthful, and ways to use this versatile food.
One of the healthiest changes you can make to
Your diet is to incorporate whole soy foods on a
Regular basis. Soy:
1. Is rich in protein, iron and compounds called
Isoflavones, which seem to protect against
Hormone-driven cancers such as prostate cancer
In men and breast cancer in women.
2. Helps protect your heart.
3. May help protect against lung cancer.
I recommend one to two daily servings of soy in
Relatively whole and unrefined forms such as a
Half-cup of tofu, tempeh, green soybeans
(edamame) or roasted soy nuts. You can also
Easily swap meat for tofu in dishes - baked tofu
Works well as a meat replacement in fajitas, stir
Fries and casseroles.
Sir. Yesterday I have don't one test for a ultra sound. So i got my Report. Fluid seen in Pod. So I want to know this please help me.
A fairly common disorder, which affects the intestines, irritable bowel syndrome affects many adults across the world. If you are suffering from this disorder then you would have problems with bowel movements, mostly the irregularity of it. Sometimes you may suffer from constipation, other times you may suffer from diarrhea and the type of stool will also vary often between thin and hard or soft and liquid.
Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Some of the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS are as follows:
- Constipation or diarrhea, the latter of which can become quite severe during certain episodes
- Gas or bloating which can make you uncomfortable
- Cramping around the stomach area especially the lower belly which tends to become worse after having food and better after bowel movements
- Quality of stools may vary quite a lot from time to time such as very hard to lose
- Stomach may start sticking out and become misshapen
- May also come with sexual as well as urinary problems
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes for irritable bowel syndrome vary from person to person. This disorder usually has triggers and yours may be different from someone else suffering from the same problems. However some general triggers and causes could be:
- Hormonal problems:This is especially the case with women who tends to suffer From IBS more than men. Hormonal changes in the body such as before and after pregnancy and menopause or periods are known to be common.
- Dietary causes: This is one of the major external triggers that have been reported by people. A variety of foods are known to have triggered or cause IBS. Some of the foods that have been implicated are beans, chocolate, cauliflower, cabbage or milk among many others.
- Underlying illnesses:Sometimes IBS itself may be a symptom of a larger underlying problem such as gastrointestinal disorders, such as bacterial overgrowth and gastroenteritis.
- Mental health and Stress issues:People going through psychological stress such as before exams or reviews have known to have IBS as stress becomes a trigger in their case. If you have mental health issues in the long run, these are also known to trigger or cause IBS.
Some of the treatment options for IBS are:
- Mental health counseling
- Medications for bowel spasms
- Medications for diarrhea or constipation
- Specialized medications for IBS for other underlying conditions
Platelets are the smallest colorless cell in the blood which help clotting of blood, platelets clumps together and form clotting to prevent bleeding. Platelets are produced in bonmarrow.
Normal count of platelets is from 1, 50, 000 - 4, 00, 000 in the blood. If number of platelets goes down from 1, 50, 000, in a healthy person, this codition is known as thrombocytopenea, i. E. Less count of platelets in blood is known as'thrombocytopenea.
Causes of thrombocytopenea:
Drug abused diseases,
Bacterial infection, etc.
Bleeding into skin, appears as rashes on skin, especially, in lower extramities.
Bleeding continues from cut, wounds, gums, ears, urine & stool.
Profuse bleeding in menstrual cycle.
When, medical assistance
When bleeding starts from gums, ears, nose, anal-orfice which can't be checked by normal process of first- aid. Medical assistence is needed
Treatment of thrombocytopenea can be achieved, successfully under homoeopathic system of treatment.
Low count of plateletes gets normal within 3/4 days.
Hello doc, my wife doesn't like sex. I don't know why? We have completed 11 years of marriage but still she didn't like to do foreplay and sex. I am really feels very disappointing at every moment. I usually use alcohol, when she ignored me. Also I tried to suicide twice when she ignored me. Am really depressed now. Could you please help me.
Hello doctor, I am 29 years old female married, Now a days my nipples are paining not breast, please tell me why it is happening, I am very worried. Thank you in advance.
Hi. Am diagnosed with pcod. Married in 2012. Under fertility treatment for past four years. Using medicines n injections. Reduced about five kilos. But nothing is helping in my follicle growth. My follicles response is very poor. Planning for a uterus clean up laparoscopy. Kindly advise.
I'm pregnant 5 weeks .What should we do in pregnancy like what should I do sex .What diet is better for me.
Pregnancy is that situation in a woman’s life when she is expecting her newborn, and her body is preparing itself to support the baby in the womb. Gaining weight is a common problem and that may lead to complications during pregnancy.
Thus, when you are pregnant, it is necessary that you keep a check on your weight and see that obesity does not affect you or your baby’s health.
To control weight during pregnancy it is necessary that you
Keep check on diet and,
Keep a check on diet:
During pregnancy, you will get lots of suggestions from everybody about what to eat and what not to. Even you too will feel like eating this and that. What you should follow is what your doctor suggests. You need to be very careful about the food that you eat. There should be proper diet. The following tips will be useful.
Do not eat junk food as they contain oil and sugar that increase your weight. Thus, avoid junk food.
Do not keep your stomach empty, keep eating after some time and eat in small portions. Instead of having three main meals it is better to have five to six meals in small portions. These light meals will help you get the required amount of nutrients and energy but will not be heavy on the sugar level.
Go for a healthy breakfast. There is a common belief that skipping meals will help you reduce weight, but the fact is that you do not lose weight, instead when you skip meals you feel hungry and in the meal that you take later, you tend to eat more. Thus, choose and eat a healthy breakfast that is good for your baby. It will also help you cope with morning sickness.
Drink enough water. It is necessary that you keep your body hydrated during pregnancy. Lack of water is not good for the baby. Moreover, if you drink enough water, you will feel refreshed and even kill extra appetite.
There is a misconception that during pregnancy, you should not exercise. You need full rest. The truth is that exercising will increase the blood flow within your body that is good for the baby. Yes, for morning sickness you may not be able to do exercises but try to do some under proper supervision.
Still, if you find that you are gaining excess weight, then consult your physician.
1. Reasons-to-quit checklists
2. Why do I smoke?
3. Am I addicted to nicotine?
4. My smoking diary
An recent ultrasound revealed that I had bipolar polycystic ovaries. Does this syndrome cause weight gain? If it does how can I lose weight? My menstrual cycle is regular.
Hi doc. Since 5 years (from 2011) I am diagnosed with fibroadenoma. I was OK as d size was just 1.8 mm but now it has started pain and d size has also increased to2. 7 mm I am really v much worried abt it, as I am gonna get married in may 17. Did many medication like Ayurveda homeo allopathy. But no result. I want to ask you that can I get married? Will it effect my conceiving rate. Will I have any problem in feeding. And suggest me some gud Dr. who can cure did. If I don't get it operated will it turn into malignant after marriage. Or is it gud to operate it bfre marriage. Pls pls help me out. God bless you.
I get a sivour pain in my vagina while my husband enters. Even when he insert his fingers I can't bear the pain and I cannot have sex with him. What is the solution for this, because we are unable to have sex?
The benefits of regular exercise in our constantly changing lifestyles cannot be over emphasized. Look at any of the lifestyle associated diseases and exercise is definitely one of the ways to beat it. Over the years, with stress and changed lifestyle, people are ageing faster than they should; the rate of ageing has also increased. Including exercise as a regimen can immensely help anti-ageing. Read on to know how exercise can help skin look younger and reverse some effects of ageing.
For those who are used to a moderate workout regularly, it is like an energy drink that fires up the brain and body, leaving you more alert and alive. While most people associate exercise with workout and fatigue, the truth is that it energizes and vitalizes the body like nothing else.
- With age, the outer layer of the skin thickens and the inner layer becomes thin. This results in freckles, dark circles under the eyes, reduced elasticity, etc. The thinning inner layer is not able to replace collagen and replace elasticity at the same rate as it is being lost. What exercise does is work up sweat, which cleans off the dead cells from the top layer. The skin pores open up, thereby allowing the skin to breathe which in turn allows more oxygen to reach the underlying thin layer, and lets it make collagen. This improves firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- Another way the skin is benefitted from exercise is the effect it has on the skin, which is almost equivalent to a facial. Sweating from an exercise opens up the pores, which removes all the dirt trapped in the immediate underlying layers. One should not forget to wash off the skin after a good workout; else the dirt can settle and cause damage.
- Another way exercise benefits the skin is by reducing general inflammation in the body. This helps regulate hormones that are essential for the skin and prevents free radical damage, which helps prevent ageing of the skin.
- Exercise also improves blood flow in the skin. A workout requires more blood flow to the various body parts and the tiny arteries under the skin open up, allowing more free flow of blood. This ensures the skin gets the essential nutrients that are essential for regular maintenance and growth and repair. It also reduces damage from sun and improves collagen production, which helps in controlling wrinkles.
As mentioned earlier, the underlying thinner layer has, what are called fibroblasts, which gradually reduce in number with age. The added nutrient supply can improve their number and function, adding elasticity to the skin. The overall health benefits, stress reduction, improved vitality and vigor add to these benefits, producing a younger-looking you!
Consuming ginger substitutes like ginger biscuits, ginger beer or ginger lollies helps in settling a queasy tummy during pregnancy.