Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Urmil Ajmani
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Urmil AjmaniYour feedback matters!
My 74 year old brother had a cyst removed from bladder and based on biopsy report he has been advised radiation. It is stage 2. My question is how many radiation to be given. Hair fall happens due to radiation?
My baby is 6 months old. She having cough for past two days. Coldrix is enough or not. Otherwise please suggest some medicine.
Meri Beti 15 years old he or uske hair me bhot lice par gai he me pareshan ho gai hu pls koi idea bataiye.
My daughter is 3 years old. She has a strawberry hemangioma on her forehead. I give her ciplar 10 from last one and half year. The hemangioma have removed 60%.when will it fully removed. Is ciplar 10 have any side effects to baby.
My child is normally very friendly but has been getting very aggressive of late. He bites, at times hits & throws things on the floor. We have recently appointed a nanny & he mostly seems happy with her but gets extremely agitated at times throwing tantrums. He also teething & I am trying to wean him to bottle. Even though we have been taking it as the normal adjustment period but I would request a confirmation in the case. And tips on how to handle the situation.
My daughter is 5. 5 months old her weight is just 5.5 please help me I am really worried birth weight 3.3.
My child is one and half year young. Of late I have observed that whenever he eats something he immediately potty out. Please advice my concern.
Hii I have 11 days baby I want to my baby is become generous what should I be done may I give DHA in to lactating mother.
Hi my baby is near 6 month and he have loose motion last 2 days, I give medicine Econorm and ORS and also Coconut water but still he having loose motion ,so please let us know how I do it.
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
There could be complications such as respiratory failure, respiratory arrest or congestive heart failure
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.