Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Upama GuptaYour feedback matters!
M 27 years old. My tongue becomes yellow when I eat after that I brush it clean. My throat pain and headache.
I am 19 years old a boy and I am suffering from sensitivity in my tooth. I can't even drink a glass of cold water. What can I do?
Respected doctor. Is it true that teeth cleaning and polishing weakens them and creates gaps between tooth. Thanks.
I m 32 years old male. My mouth is not open fully. May be the reason is tobacco chawing. Please suggest any home remedies to outcome from this problem.
Sir, I feel pain in my tooth when I drink cold water. Also my tooth pains a lot when I chew some hard things. Any suggestions?
Sir, My mom is 49 years old, She is suffering from dry mouth dry eyes, what is this problem? She is also suffering from hcv, rasoli, ulcer. For hcv she is taking homeopathy and for rasoli medicine.
I am having bad breath problem due to that I ' M very low on confidence to talk to any1 I have searched on that problem the reason I got is Tonsil stone behind it. So can you help me out with it? I want to clear that out completely asap.
She is suffering from severe mouth ulcer problem. Cant even eat anything. Had b complex for three months but no solution. please help.
I am getting blood from mouth while getting up from bed only at mornings there is gum bleeding and no cough.
I am 48 yr old male having problem of excess production of saliva (chipchipa substance is produced) in mouth at the time of inhaling any thing in the mouth.
- visit to a dentist for professional cleaning once in a year
- use a soft toothbrush -- and brush properly! brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day and after meals. Hard brushing can further damage the soft tissues of your mouth.
- floss at least once a day and be sure to floss beyond the gum line to remove more plaque.
- control bleeding by applying pressure to the area with a cold compress.
- rinse with salt water to keep the area clean.
- avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol, which can dry out your mouth.
- stay away from smoking and other tobacco products, which can aggravate bleeding gums.
If I need root. Canal treatment. But I want to extract the tooth is it painful than root canal. Any help abt it pls.
Dental sealants are barriers that can protect one's teeth from developing cavities. Made out of plastic material, there are usually applied to the molars and premolars at the back of the mouth.
How are dental sealants applied?
- The teeth on which the sealant is to be applied is cleaned properly and then dried. A solution containing acid is applied on the teeth to make the surface rough, as this helps the sealant bond well with the teeth.
- Then the teeth are rinsed, following which they are dried. Finally, the sealant is applied. At times, a special light is used to make the sealant dry easily.
Reasons to use dental sealants:
- The chewing surfaces of the teeth are aided by dental sealants. Sealants are thin coatings that are painted on those areas.
- One main reason for using sealants would be that even though brushing and flossing can remove the food particles stuck in the grooves of the teeth, at times some particles may be left behind. Sealants can prevent this.
- The sealant spreads over the enamel in the grooves of the teeth, acting as a shield. This prevents food particles from getting stuck in the pits and fissures of the teeth. When such food particles are stuck in the grooves of the teeth, cavities are likely to form. Applying sealants can prevent this.
- Children, who are at a greater risk of developing cavities, are often advised to use dental sealants to prevent their teeth from decay and damage.
- Adults whose teeth have suffered considerable decay may seek the help of sealants to protect them.
- Adults who have had fillings done in their teeth cavities may also apply sealants in order to prevent any further damage in the near or distant future.