Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Umita MehtaYour feedback matters!
Breast lift surgery or Mastopexy is a form of plastic surgery used for lifting or raising sagging breasts in women. The size, contour and elevation of the breasts are modified or corrected using this procedure.
The position and shape of the breasts in women change after pregnancy, breastfeeding, suffering weight loss or with age. A breast lift surgery is effective in treating sagging breasts.
During a breast lift surgery, extra skin is removed from the breasts, and the surrounding tissues are tightened for reshaping of the breasts. The nipples and areola are also reshaped to a better location. A breast lift surgery may involve the procedures of liposuction and abdominoplasty for an even better rejuvenation.
Breast lift surgery is undertaken by many women for different reasons. Some women do not like their breast shape or volume after pregnancy and have this surgery done.
A breast lift surgery offers various benefits. They are:
- A breast lift surgery improves the body image of a woman and also boosts her self-esteem. Women feel their breasts have been affected negatively after pregnancy and undergoing this surgery enables them to have satisfactory breasts again. A breast lift surgery does not cause the breasts to increase in size. They appear bigger because they are higher in position and firmer than before.
- Having a breast lift surgery can push you to make better and healthier choices about your lifestyle. For undergoing any form of surgery, it is recommended that you stay as healthy as possible. This includes proper diet and eating habits along with regular exercise.
- A breast lift surgery improves the quality of life in women. Body image is improved, and the woman feels good about her breasts and body as a whole. According to studies, 92% of women having a breast lift surgery had improved self-esteem and a better, healthier life than before. Women become less conscious about their breasts after the surgery, as the breasts become satisfactory.
- As a result of this surgery, some clothes may fit better, and a woman can experiment with trendier outfits, and may also not wear a bra at times.
- A breast lift surgery gives women a better proportion between their breasts and buttocks. The contrast is better and makes a woman more attractive. More cleavage is created, and the breasts get more projected.
A breast lift surgery is an efficient procedure to improve the breasts of women. Sagging breasts are corrected by a surgery which gives certain benefits to women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Dear Doctor, We got a girl Child on 18th October 2016. Now it is 5 months. But my wife had menstruation on 1st February 2017 but this time on 11th March She had a little bleeding but not like menstruation and she has not got menstruation this month too is it a real problem please advise. Thanking you.
Can a girl get pregnant. If sperm do not fall inside. If it is possible please advice me some medicine.
Before mc or after mc what is the safer period of the sex? My friend ask me after mc 5 days is a safe period of the sex.
In order to answer this question, it is important that we first discuss what depression is. Feeling sad, lonely or low is very common. So how can we point out which is depression and which is sadness? Well, sadness is a fleeting feeling and is the most normal reaction to loss or life’s struggle. Depression, on the other hand, is pretty permanent (may be not permanent, but it may last really really long or may occur very frequently, if not consulted with a professional). It is so overwhelming and inexplicable that these mental feelings start involving physical symptoms as well. Depression can keep an individual from leading a normal and an active life.
Depression, if not treated, may take an even worse form and might possibly end at suicide. Clinically, certain symptoms that occur persistently might point towards depression.
- Inability to concentrate
- Guilt and shame
- Eating disorders
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyable activities
- Persistent headaches, pains, aches, digestive problems
- Empty feeling
- Suicidal thoughts
Here comes the part about guilt and shame. One of the very common symptoms of depression is feeling of unnecessary guilt or shame. Guilt is a feeling of remorse or regret for violating an internal value. Shame is an overall feeling of self contempt. While both these are pretty normal feelings for a normal individual, for depressed individuals, these feelings get magnified to unimaginable extents.
How are these manifested?
- Constantly apologising for things one hasn’t done
- Blaming themselves for everything
- Thinking they don’t deserve happiness
- Feeling inferior or unworthy
- Feeling of being a burden
The next plausible question is why does this happen?
These feelings generally tend to go back to childhood. People who have faced childhood traumas or have been physically, emotionally or sexually abused are more prone to feelings of depressive guilt or shame. In the young age, they do not really have proper understanding of the situation and hence they end up blaming themselves. During adulthood, they keep believing the same, thus causing intense feelings of guilt and shame. A lot of counselling can bring such individuals to the understanding that whatever happened to them as children was never their fault.
Also, it has been researched that the region in the human brain associated with shame and guilt is unusually active in depressed individuals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
What are the symptoms of STD not HIV Should these STD shows a symptoms and goes back normal for a long period of time without symptoms.
My wife is pregnant for more than 7 months. Her breast is discharging. I had discussed it earlier and was answered that it was nothing else but a milky secretion. But for a couple of days the secretion is mixed with a little amount of blood. And usually there is itching around the breast area. I do not understand what is it? The doc has written for breast MRI. Please help me out.
Hello to everybody. I am Dr Vandana Hegde. I am practising reproductive medicines in the Hegde Medical Centre from the last 10 years.
As I had explained the entire cycle. Two important things are there for the couple to plan pregnancy
One is the Ovulation time. When the ovulation happens, the female eggs that releases out. Its life is approximately 24 hours. And the male's sperm, once the ejaculation happens, its life span is 3-5 days upto the maximum of 7 days. So for couples to plan fertility naturally, it is important to conceive during the period of female ovulation time. And now ideally the female ovulation happen around the 14th day, it is best for the couple to plan intercourse atlreast 3days prior to the ovulation time. So, if they are ovualating on 14th day, so they can start planning the intercourse on around 10th day and upto a period of 16th day. Ideally, intercourse beyonf the period of Ovulation does not help the couples in conceiving. So, it is always better to plan before the ovulation time. Alternate intercourse is much better than having a daily intercourse during the ovulation time.
Now, coming to the Evaluation of Fertility.
When a couple comes to us when they are unable to conceive a child naturally even after one year. Then we do certain basic things as I have mentioned that it is very important to fid out that how the egg is finally to form an embryo. Yu need egg from the female partner and sperm from the male partner which are diffused internally. So what is important is the normal sperm and a normal tube in the uterus. So we do assessment in that order. So ideally we get the male partner 7 testing time to see the sperm count, the sperm motality and the sperm morphology. The sperms should be genetically fit to give a healthy child. So this is assist by doing semen analysis where the male partner will give the semen sample for about 3-4 days. And this semen sample is examined under the micrscope where the assessment is done on the basis of count, mortality and Morphology. If the semen criteria is normal then we evaluate the female partner.
Now the female partner, if she has regular cycle, we assume that the ovulation is happening normally. But there are certain girls who has irregular periods. Some have early periods and sme have quite delayed cycle. Now, what is the main issue here is Ovulation. Probably they are not ovulating around the 14th day. But there are 2 disfunctions.
- One is anovulatory, there are certain girls whoch are not ovulating at all. There is no egg formation, there is no ovulation. Now this criteria of girls manage in a different way.
- Now there are other type of girls, who are probably having a shorter cycle, they are ovulating very early.
Now, we need to differentiate between these two types. The whole management depends upon correcting these abnormality.
Now, coming to the other part of the tubes. Once the sperm is there and the egg is there, one should have patent fallopian tube for them to meet. So, ideally what we do is, when the couple comes to us, we evaluate the spem parameters, the female ovum parameters and then we do a time intercourse for them.
We start basic tracking of the follicle growth. The best thing is the follicle is seen in the ultrasound reports. So the basic ultrasound is done initially to diagnose. If the female uterus, the ovaries are normal then they should not be ahving any fiberoids and ovarian cyst. So Fiberoids are basically tumours in the uterus which can prevent implantation of the embryo and there may be some ovarian cyst which may be preventing normal ovulation and there are other cyst which require surgical removal. We do basic ultrasound scan to roll out all other major thing and then proceed to Folliculat tracking.
Follicular tracking is seen on the scan. Though the egg can not be seen on the scan so follicles can be seen. So, when the couple ccomes to us in initial part, we track the follicle growth and this is the time, the female is ovulating and we give them the dates to meet. This is done on the monthly basis for atleast 2-3 cycles. Now, inspite of tracking natural cycle follicular growth and at the time intercourse if the couple is not able to conceive then we go for other evaluations. Like, is the tube open? Is the uterine cavity normal?
So there are tests to check if the fallopian tubes are open. Now it is very important for the tube to open because all the activities are happening inside the tube. so there is a test called "Hysterosalpingographie", where the die is pushed through the uterine end. This die is travelling around the cavity and coming into the tubes and then comes out.
All this is recorded in teh X-ay film. This film records this passage of the dia nd we find out the tubal blocks. If the tube is blocked then the egg and the sperm do not meet. So there comes fertility issues.
We do other assessments also like Diagnosis hysteroscopy and laparoscopy for infertility. So this is a surgical process which we do when couples are not able to conceive even after 6 months of fertility planning.
There are small tumours in the cavity which can prevent embryo from Implanting and these are absolutely necessary to be removed if the couple is not conceiving with these.
And the other things we diagnose is the laparoscopy in which we put the camera inside to record if te tube and ovary are in normal position and HYsteroscopy is a process done under the anesthesia only. Then we proceed with further treatment with fertility planning.
Have had abortion 5 weeks back, but no periods yet had sex only once with pull out method about 2 weeks back from today, negative pregnancy test, bloaty stomach and cramping from last week but no periods yet, kindly suggest me I can be pregnant.
Past 12 years I am suffering periods stomach pain I consult so many doctor still it not reduce what is best solution?
What is ovulation. Is ovulation important in conceiving baby boy. My wife's periods starts from 15 of every month. What would be ovulation in this.
Hi Doctor, Thank you very much for your such a useful advise. But I just want to tell you that I have given birth a baby on last year. After that I am still suffering due to 3 times surgery I have faced after delivery. My pasting got detached. Due to non sterile cotton used at the time of delivery. After that it has been take so many time to cure myself. Now I have done my whole abdomen USG as per doctor prescription. There is found I have fatty liver. Now a days I am taking some medicines. Like Atorva, Rabemac, Alkasol, Flagyl etc. Also I have have allergy in my whole body. That is why everyday I am taking Allegra 120 for control it. I found there is no permanent solution. Doctor please help me out for living a healthy life. Please help.
First time sex karte jab kya mere female partner ko kuch pain hoga internal stomach ache aur haan hymne me please tell.
Laparoscopic surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby, lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed and therefore uncontaminated. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the concerned medical staff. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day to day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be emobilized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia related complications: To prevent anesthesia related complications during laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, antimetics are followed in the preoperative state.
- Injury: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Avoid cold diets, ice cream, curd, sour things, spicy items, fruits, etc. And take fresh ginger piece and tulasi leaves 4; 5, and prepare paste add two spoon of honey and take every day morning and evening