Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Umita Mehta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Umita MehtaYour feedback matters!
I'm 17 year old, I had my period last month April on 20th ,I didn't have my period this month (may) .what should you do.
Things to which body gets hypersensitive and reacts in the form of unwanted symptoms are allergies. These can be either on the skin, an immune response like fever etc, or food allergies. Acute onset and recurrence of symptoms are most irritating factors of allergies. Thus, prevention is the best solution and here are few tips to keep allergies at bay.
1. Early morning schedule -
A regular exercise schedule of min 20 mins stretching and 20 mins Yoga in soft sunlight will help to keep the vitamin D3 levels maintain. This will also help to keep the calcium levels up.
2. Breathing exercise -
Deep breathing in a rhythm like in yoga will help increase in lung capacity. This also keeps lower your anxiety.
3. Proper sleep -
Sleep more or less both ways is a source of illness. For an adult, a good sleep of 7-8 hrs is helpful to keep mind stress free. Most important 'Early to bed and early to rise keeps a person healthy wealthy and wise.'
4. Proper water intake -
Good amount of water intake at a regular interval will keep your body hydrated. This indirectly helps immune response and other physiological functions to work at full.
5. Keep healthy food -
It's really hard to find organic food material. Thus, roof gardens and kitchen gardens are increasing day by day. Taking raw salads and sprouts will help to provide routine vitamins and minerals. Seasonal fruits ones a day by chewing rather than juice will stimulate the appetite and balance metabolism.
I am 19 weeks pregnant. Can I watch movie in cinema hall? Is it safe? Dose it cause any harm to my baby? Please suggest me.
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
What things should be eaten in period ,what should not, drinking warm water in period is good for relief from pain,
I' m 19yrs old girl and I go through severe abdominal pain in first two days of periods. So what should I do to get rid of it?
I am 40 years old & my wife is 38. We have a son of 9 yrs. Due to certain issues related to my wife's job we did not plan for second baby. Now her job issues are solved and we want to have another baby. Will our ages be the matter of concern. Kindly suggest whether we should go for it or not?
Painful Periods +3 Hey I am 22 years old I had sex on 21 st april with protection but the condom got torn and it was fourth day of my periods still preferred to take ipill I did not got my chums yet in month of may last month it came on 18 april I did urine pregnancy test on 27 th may it came negative had sex on saturday again with protection again condom got torn Unfortunately I had to consume ipill again because I dint had any option I consumed it on saturday n sunday morning I started bleeding n it covered 1/4 of my first pad n then since afternoon there was no blood flow bt small blood clots used to flow out while urinating since yesterday night I changed my pad there is no blood stain and even I am having severe lower abdominal cramps n pain Is it my periods pr something else please help.
I got my periods on 9th november. We had sex on 21st november. I got some bleeding on 7th december which stopped in 2 days. I checked using home pregnancy kit today but it shows negative. Am I Pregnant or not?
Abortion karane ka time kab tak rehta hai r kitna amount lag jata hai mera 2 mahina ka hai to mera kitna lagega abortion karwane me.
I am getting white pasty discharge from vagina with no smell and no pain. My period date is 27 and I took an i-pill few days before. Is it normal. thanks.
Iam 28 years old. I kept first intercourse with my boy friend. After intercourse it was bleeding. Whether it leads to pregnancy. My last menstrual cycle first date is 26/12/15, duration of menstrual cycle 28 days from november to december. I had intercourse in safe period only. It will causes pregnancy or not.
She is having periods once in 3 months or 2 months. Is there any problem in her or is it natural. Will it affect her future during pregnancy? Please help. She's frustrated about her condition.
Psychotherapy is essentially a conversation which involves listening to and talking with those in trouble with the aim of helping them understand and resolve their predicament. Therapeutic listening is not passive but involves alert and sympathetic participation in what troubles the client. Psychotherapy is not superficial chat and does not seek quick, temporary relief by suggestion. It involves talking honestly and with increasing familiarity and intimacy between people who are equally committed to understanding the sufferer and his problem, with the aim of bringing about the change . It is difficult to draw a line of demarcation between psychotherapy and counselling.
Psychotherapy is classified broadly into three categories: Supportive psychotherapy, Re-educative psychotherapy and Reconstructive Psychotherapy. Though all the categories are equally effective in treating psychological problems, supportive psychotherapy is found to be simple, easy to implement and effective in solving sexual problems.
Supportive Psychotherapy :
The objectives are (a) strengthening the existing defenses (b) restoring to an adaptive equilibrium (c) elaborating new and better mechanisms of maintaining control.
Approaches applied under supportive psychotherapy are : Guidance : It aims at a specific disturbing problem that interferes with the adjustment . This includes education about the problem and social relationship.
- Tension control: Tension provokes a variety of psychological symptoms that divert the person from concentrating on the tasks. Of the methods used to control this tension are self relaxation, self hypnosis , meditation and yoga. All these methods have basically 4 principles namely , minimization of external stimuli , focus on single stimulus , a state of passivity and comfortable position.
- Externalisation of interests : By providing varied types of activites such as sports, crafts, games, fine arts the client is enocouraged to resume activities that were once meaningful to him. This contributes to lessening of the neurotic symptoms .
- Reassurance : it is particularly valuable in cases of severely distressed clients who lack the capacity to handle their anxiety through their own resources.
- Prestige suggestion : the suggestion is accepted when it comes from prestigious authority. Hypnosis is important for reinforcing prestige suggestion.
- Ventilation : this is most common method of relieving emotional tension. One talks over his problems with a professional person. The beneficial effects are due to the release of pent up feelings and emotions.
- Somatic therapy : this is an adjunct rather any from of psychotherapy, and has a positive effect on the morale of the client. It includes pharmacotherapy, psychosurgery, convulsive therapy etc.