Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma VaidyanathanYour feedback matters!
Just after waking up in the morning, body feels tired. Each part of the body pains. What should I do?
Mere wife ke breast bahut dhile hain bahut soft hain tight nhi hain main usse keh nhi Pata hun kyunki usko bura lagta Dr. aap tight breast ke liye kuch batao.
Contrary to popular belief, porn does affect your relationship in a negative way. Initially it might look and feel harmless to watch porn and engage in sex with your partner but it proves to be catastrophic in the long term.
Watching porn generally ends in masturbation and orgasms which lead to pleasure. This continuous pleasure habit may lead to chemical changes in the brain which may lead to certain problems such as porn addiction, unrealistic images, wrecked libido etc.
Watching too much porn can cause the quality of your relationship diminish to a great extent. It may cause a person to have a wrapped up idea of what beauty is. It makes a person crave for extreme sexual acts which might not go well with his/her partner. Sex may become more of an act than being a spiritual love between spouses.
What more; watching too much porn can even lead to erectile dysfunction!
I am a 20 year old girl. From last 6 months, i've strong fungal infection around my vaginal area. N its constantly resurfacing again n again not diminishing. What should I do. I am too much worried about it as its growing badly. please help me.
Sir please can any one tell me the answer .i met my gf yesterday we both are virgins and for the 1 st time I had rubbed my penis over her vagina I didn't got ejaculate but little bit of wet observed on my penis tip is there any chance for pregnancy? I had mental tension about this please help me out with your answer.
I'm a single working girl living in Delhi from last 4 years. My breasts are lumpy in nature. Presently I'm on medication, taking treatment of hormonal imbalance. It's been (just) 3 months of the treatment. I've had (sometimes) irregular cycle of my periods, & during those days pain is almost excruciating. From last 6 months I've had a strange problem of having pain in my breasts. Upon (even little) stimulation, I can feel the tingling sensation & afterwards pain. Now lumps are more clear, so clear that I can feel them now & upon touching them pressingly, it hurts, also in one breast (my right one) I feel more pain. Earlier it wasn't like this. I've done the relevant tests done & the reports of those tests (Serum Prolactin, USG breasts & abdomen, TSH, Urine culture & Blood culture) are okay (if not normal) so to speak. Doctor has said it's the issue of hormonal imbalance which is causing this problem of pain in the breasts, lumpiness of the breast & (sometimes) irregular periods. But I'm afraid. I feel fearful of some major physical ailments which might be causing such conditions. I'm so afraid that these days I'm continuously thinking about it. I want to know what can be cause of - pain in the breasts, lumpiness of the breast & (sometimes) irregular periods. & how it can be taken care of? Please provide correct and relevant information.
Hi I have pcod problem and face so much difficulty for pregnancy my doctor advised me laparoscopy pls tell me what to do.
Me pragnent hu. 10 weeks ho gaye hai. Khane pine me kya care karna chahiye. Vomit hoti he. Dompan & ondem 4 shuru hai.
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take more than 10 minutes to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month.
Here are a few tips to help speed up this process and avoid infections and eye injuries:
- Take it easy: Just because the surgery takes a short time is no reason to underestimate its importance. Do not drive on the first day and as far as possible avoid driving for the next few days as well. Do not put any extra pressure on your eyes by bending, lifting weights etc. This will ensure that your stitches do not tear open. Try to avoid excessive sneezing and coughing as this can jerk the lens out of place.
- Protect your eyes: Wearing sunglasses is a good idea after a cataract surgery. This will protect your delicate eyes against dust, wind etc. Avoid using community swimming pools and hot tubs immediately after such a surgery to lower the risk of infections. Avoid rubbing your eyes aggressively. For the first week, keep your face out of the shower so as to avoid feeling the need to press or rub your eyes as well as to protect them from bacteria in the water.
- Lubricate: Your eyes may feel dry and scratchy after a cataract surgery. This is normal and not something to worry about. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops to be taken after the surgery. Use these regularly. Once this is over you may need additional artificial tears or lubricating eye drops. However, do not take these drops without first consulting your doctor. If your eyes are sensitive to the preservatives in bottled eye drops, look for single use ampoules. Ensure that you always wash your hands well before administering the eye drops.
- Keep the eye clean: Though washing your face is avoidable, you must still keep the eye clean. Use cotton and a sterile saline wash for the first few days. You can later replace the saline with cool boiled water.
If you feel any deterioration in your vision, pain or excessive discharge in the operated eye, you must immediately consult your doctor. Seeing sudden flashes of light or floaters in your vision should also not be ignored.
I took the Emergency pill approximately 2 months back. Prior to this, I had taken it twice before due to various reasons in a span of 1 year. My period was about two weeks delayed. I had an extremely light period, which is unusual. After this, I have not gotten my period so far. Is it due to the excess of hormones due to repeatedly taking the pill that this has happened? Is there any way to fix the problem?
Ayurveda translates to study of life and is one of oldest medicine systems in the world. It works by treating the body as a whole system and gets to the problem. It believes that good health is a result of the balance between the 3 body elements Vata, pitta and kapha. The imbalance between these three cause disease and treatment should be aimed at restoring this balance.
Oils are one of the widely used Ayurvedic remedies, and there are multiple benefits of an Ayurvedic oil massage. Therapists would recommend this to be a daily routine for overall well-being. While pain relief is an obvious benefit, read on to know some of the lesser known benefits of an oil massage.
On a regular basis, there is stress and toxins that are accumulated in the body. A good massage dissolves these toxins and rejuvenates and recharges the body. The body and the mind are relaxed and soothed.
The physical motions of an oil massage improve circulation to all parts of the body. The overall sensation is improved.
- Internal organs are stimulated, thereby their efficiency is improved.
- The oil per se provides good lubrication for the joints, thereby, enabling smoother joint and bone movement
- The muscles are toned, and with the improved circulation and nerve ending stimulation, the muscles are toned
- The nerve endings are stimulated, and the nerves are calmed. This is responsible for the calming effect after a massage.
- The stimulated nerve endings also improve the mental alertness and increase the overall physical stamina of a person.
- The body’s ability to eliminate toxins is improved, thereby leaving behind a cleaner overall system (skin, kidneys, and intestines).
- A lot of waste and toxins are removed from the skin, thereby leaving the skin softer and smoother. The oils used also seep in through the skin, nourishing the underlying layers of the skin. This also contributes to the glowing, youthful appearance.
- The massage relaxes the body physically and mentally. The overall result is also a deeper, refreshing sleep pattern for the person.
- Massaging the naval area in a clockwise direction and foot massage may seem far connected to vision, but these are actually proven areas that affect vision. Massaging these areas is shown to be beneficial for vision.
- The lymphatic system is also revitalised by improving lymphatic drainage. Excess toxins from the body are removed, leaving the overall body in a healthy and recharged state.
- Regular massage removes free radicals from the body, thereby, reducing overall levels of general inflammation. This reduces ageing effects (both internally and externally). The result is a younger, rejuvenated appearance.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
One of the most important decisions a couple takes is to start a family. It fills them with hope and joy of new future, but if the attempts have been unsuccessful for more than six months, it can take a toll on the relationship and the mental health of the couple. This is the time to seek fertility specialist who will be appropriate to analyze the situation and provide proper guidance. Read on to find out the exact indications to see a fertility specialist:
1. If a woman who is under the age of 35 is unable to get pregnant even after a year of having regular unprotected sex
2. A woman who has had more than three miscarriages
3. Someone who has suffered from blocked fallopian tubes and is in need of surgery
4. One who experiences irregular ovulation
5. A couple who has suffered from genital infections
6. A pregnant woman who has consumed an estrogen derivative
7. A man who has been diagnosed with low semen count, also known as poor motility
8. A couple who has not been diagnosed with any irregularity but is infertile
Which specialist should you visit?
If you or your partner or both have shown signs of infertility, then visiting the following specialists can be helpful:
- Specialists for men - Urologists and Andrologists are specialists who treat men for infertility. Urologists conduct an analysis of semen quality, semen count, hormone levels, reproductive organs and abnormalities in bladder and kidneys. Andrologists are medical professionals who specialize in hormonal conditions and physiology of male infertility.
- Specialists for women - Hormonal imbalance is one of the potent obstacles to pregnancy. If a general obstetrician/gynecologist has not been able to successfully treat a woman then she can visit a reproductive endocrinologist who specializes in hormonal disorders. Depending upon the nature of the problem, she can also visit a reproductive surgeon who deals with uterine abnormalities, endometriosis, and reproductive organ surgery.
After a whole lot of research and even more controversy, fats are back in our diets. But choosing foods with “good” (saturated and unsaturated) fat is now the main problem. So to help you with your diet, here are 12 foods that contain healthy fats:
- Olive oil: Olive oil contains secoiridoids and oleic acid which protect the body from diabetes, cancer and other heart diseases. It also slows down aging on the cellular level.
- Fish: Fishes such as anchovies, salmon or sardines contain essential Omega-3 fatty acids (a type of monounsaturated fat), which are important for healthy brain function.
- Avocados: Avocados contain monounsaturated fats that reduce bad cholesterol.
- Eggs: Eggs are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids, and eating them for breakfast keeps you full and satisfied.
- Nuts: Nuts are a good source of unsaturated fatty acids, which makes them a good snack to munch on.
- Nut butter: Nut butter actually keeps you full and satisfied, which curbs down cravings. Just make sure to read the labels carefully because the extra sugar and salt in them can be harmful.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil contains lauric acid which is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is actually good for your cardiovascular health. Chocolate triggers the good bacteria in your gut to produce anti-inflammatory compounds which are good for strengthening the immune system.
- Greek yoghurt: Full-fat yoghurt is, surprisingly, good for you; just don’t forget to read the label. Sometimes they may contain trans-fat which is the real villain.
- Seeds: Seeds are so small, that they are often overlooked as the powerhouses of nutrition that they really are. Seeds such as sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flax, hemp and pumpkin seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help reduce inflammations.
- Soybeans: Soybeans, besides being an excellent source of proteins, also contain essential fatty acids. You can substitute meat with soy products such as tofu and other dairy products with soy milk.
- Cheese: For a long time, the healthy diet’s number one villain has been cheese. While processed and packaged cheese used in most junk food nowadays are extremely unhealthy, you can add aged cheeses such as Parmesan, or simple cottage cheese in your daily diet. Cheese has essential fatty acids which actually help you digest vegetables better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
आपकी आंखें आपके चेहरे की सबसे आकर्षक विशेषताएं हैं। वे केवल एक दृश्य अंग, जो आपको दुनिया को देखने में मदद करता है, से अधिक है। वे मुस्कुराती हैं, हंसती हैं, रोती हैं, जब शब्द विफल होते हैं, तो हमारी आंखें हमारी भावनाओं और विचारों को खूबसूरती से व्यक्त करती हैं। इसलिए, अपनी दृष्टि की रक्षा करना आपकी ज़िंदगी की गुणवत्ता को बनाए रखने में सबसे महत्वपूर्ण चीजों में से एक है।
लेकिन दुर्भाग्य से, ज्यादातर लोग अपनी आंखों के बारे में उतना नहीं सोचते, जितना वे अपने चेहरे पर ध्यान देते हैं। इसके अलावा, हमारी ज़ोरदार जीवनशैली, विषाक्त वातावरण और अनुचित आहार से चीजें बदतर होती हैं। इन सभी चीजों की वजह से, झुर्रियाँ, अंधेरे घेरे, चेहरे की सूजन आदि आजकल आम समस्याएं बन गई हैं। इसके अलावा, उम्र के साथ दृष्टि हानि का जोखिम भी बढ़ता है।
आपकी त्वचा और चेहरे की तरह आपकी आंखों की देखभाल करना, यह सुनिश्चित करेगा कि आप हमेशा सर्वश्रेष्ठ दिखें और महसूस करें। यह उम्र से संबंधित बीमारियों जैसे कि चकत्तेदार अध: पतन, मोतियाबिंद, मधुमेह संबंधी रेटिनोपैथी, मोतियाबिंद आदि से रक्षा में मदद करेगा।
आपकी दृष्टि की रक्षा करने और अपनी आंखों को स्वस्थ रखने के लिए, आप इन सरल चरणों का पालन करें:
1. उपयुक्त आहार:
एक अच्छी नेत्र देखभाल सही आहार से शुरू होती है। विटामिन सी और ई, जस्ता, ल्यूटिन, ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड और एंटीऑक्सिडेंट में समृद्ध आहार आपकी आंखों के लिए बहुत फायदेमंद है और आयु से संबंधित आंख की समस्याओं से बचने में मदद कर सकता है। अपने नियमित आहार में गाजर, चुकंदर, संतरे और हरी पत्तेदार सब्जियों जैसे खाद्य पदार्थों को शामिल करें। ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड में समृद्ध भोजन जैसे कि सैल्मन और ट्यूना खतरनाक धब्बेदार अध: पतन को कम करने में बहुत प्रभावी हैं। एंटीऑक्सिडेंट मोतियाबिंद के जोखिम को कम कर सकते हैं।
2. यूवी प्रकाश से संरक्षण:
धूप का चश्मा रेटिना क्षति को रोकता है। वे झुर्रियों और त्वचा के कैंसर को रोकने के लिए पलक की नाजुक त्वचा की रक्षा भी करते हैं। वे आंख से संबंधित समस्याओं जैसे कि मोतियाबिंद, पिंग्यूक्लुला और चकत्तेदार अध: पतन के जोखिम को कम करने में मदद कर सकते हैं। अच्छी गुणवत्ता वाले धूप का चश्मा पहनें जो कि यूवी किरणों को 99-100% तक ब्लॉक करता है।
3. धूम्रपान छोड़ें:
तंबाकू धूम्रपान सीधे नेत्र समस्याओं सहित कई प्रतिकूल स्वास्थ्य प्रभावों से जुड़ा हुआ है। धूम्रपान करने वालों मोतियाबिंद और धब्बेदार अध: पतन के विकास का उच्च जोखिम भी होता है। इससे ऑप्टिक तंत्रिका क्षति हो सकती है, जिससे अंधापन भी हो सकता है।
4. अपनी आंखों को उचित आराम दें:
आपकी आँखों को भी आपके जैसे आराम की ज़रूरत है। कंप्यूटर या फोन स्क्रीन पर बहुत लंबे समय तक घूरना जैसे ज़ोरदार गतिविधियों से बचें या कम करें। यह आपकी आंखों में तनाव पैदा कर सकता है और धुंधली दृष्टि, शुष्क आँखें, सिरदर्द आदि जैसी समस्याएं पैदा कर सकता है।
इसके अलावा, आप घरेलू उपचार, जैसे आंखों पर ककड़ी के स्लाइस रखना, का उपयोग विश्राम करने की प्रक्रिया को बढ़ाने के लिए कर सकते हैं।
5. नियमित आंखों की जांच कराएँ:
यह सुनिश्चित करने के अलावा कि चश्मा या कॉन्टैक्ट लेन्स के लिए आपका दवा का पचा॔ अद्यतन हैं, नेत्र स्वास्थ्य बनाए रखने के लिए नियमित रूप से आंखों की जांच आवश्यक है। मोतियाबिंद और ए.एम.डी जैसे गंभीर नेत्र परिस्थितियों में से अधिकांश का इलाज आसानी से और सफलतापूर्वक किया जा सकता है, अगर निदान और इलाज जल्दी से किया जाता है। यदि बिना-इलाज छोड़ा जाता है, तो इन रोगों से गंभीर दृष्टि हानि और अंधापन हो सकता है।
इसके अलावा, आंख की पुतली को फैलाने सहित एक व्यापक आंखों की परीक्षा, आंखों के रोग, जो अक्सर कोई चेतावनी नहीं देते हैं, जैसे ग्लोकोमा और उम्र से संबंधित धब्बेदार अध: पतन का पता लगाने में मदद कर सकती है।"