Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Management of Pregnancy
Post Pregnancy Classes
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Uma VaidyanathanYour feedback matters!
Vagina is one of the most delicate organs of your body. While you tend to the hygiene of other body parts, caring for the vagina either doesn’t strike you or it is too taboo a thing to be discussed about. Vaginal rashes are prevalent among many women and in most cases, they are not aware of ways to approach the problem. Rashes can lead to extreme uneasiness and if neglected, could even cause complicate health disorders. Thus vaginal rashes should be treated with proper medical assistance and watchful sanitation.
Factors that can cause vaginal rashes:
1. Warts in and around a person’s genital: Warts are infections that can have a painful and disturbing effect on your health. Genital warts are the result of sexually transmitted infections. The diverse kinds of human papillomavirus are known to trigger the formation of vaginal rashes.
2. Infections caused due to the predominance of viruses: Vaginal rashes may exhibit themselves in the form of aching blisters. This symptom could be indicative of Genital Herpes that further needs medical expertise to be dealt with.
3. Folliculitis could cause suffering: The base of a hair shaft is indeed a sensitive area. Any infection pertaining to hair shafts surfacing usually in the form of a red lump can worsen to cause rashes in your genitalia.
4. A cyst in the Bartholin gland could be the reason: A Bartholin gland is one of the two glands positioned at the opening of a person’s vagina. A cyst might happen to develop in any one of these glands due to accumulation of fluids produced by the glands itself. Secondary symptoms of such a condition could be red, itchy rashes.
Symptoms that help a doctor identify the prevalence of rashes in your vagina:
1. Redness of the skin in and around one’s vagina is a characteristic feature of an underlying problem.
2. Your vagina could itch persistently preventing you from free movement. Constant itching can also hamper your otherwise smoothly functioning sex life.
3. The skin around your vagina can become excessively dry and peel off as a result.
4. Tenderness and soreness are common symptoms that make sitting or lying down troublesome.
5. Vaginal rashes may or may not be accompanied by a stinging, throbbing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir/ma'am please help. My girlfriends period started from 10aug an ended on 15th aug. We had you protected sex on 27th of aug. I believe I did not cum Inside her but since she was not sure so she took ipill (ecp) after 6 hours of intercourse. After four days i.e. On 1st aug at 1: 30 am, she started bleeding and she said that the pain and blood was just like her periods. We both are very tensed as we don't want any pregnancy. please help. We will be grateful to you.
I am 50 years and have unbearable pain in vagina during sex with my husband. What is problem. I am not getting periods from last one year.
Vulvodynia refers to a chronic pain in the vulva, a condition suffered by most women. Triggered generally by an unidentifiable cause, the pain was not considered as a real pain syndrome until of late. The ambiguity of the condition is such that many who do suffer from it fails to realize its complications.
There are primarily two types of Vulvodynia:
- Generalized Vulvodynia: This is when the pain is all over the vulva, however different parts may pain at different times. It may be a constant pain or may occur occasionally.
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: The pain is in the vestibule area or the entrance of the vagina is known as vulvar vestibulitis syndrome. This kind of pain mostly exhibits a burning sensation and is triggered even by a slight touch. During intercourse the pain manifolds to extreme severity.
Although the cause of Vulvodynia is not known, doctors suspect the following reasons to be the contributing factors:
- Nerve injury
- Yeast infections
- Sexual abuse in the past
- Muscle Spasm
- Hormonal changes
- Burning sensations
- Aching or soreness
No well versed cure is available for Vulvodynia, although certain self care treatments can bring relief. Among the many, you need to figure out which method suits you best and choose accordingly. To discern the best method, you might have to try various different combinations. At the same time, it is extremely important to educate yourself about Vulvodynia and have a thorough knowledge about what it is all about.It is advisable that you maintain a record of the treatments which according to you suit you the most in order to avoid confusion. Some of the methods are given below:
- Avoid products which might act as potential irritants near the vulva.
- Do not put much pressure on the vulva. Avoid activities which might exert direct pressure on it.
- Whenever it pains, try to soothe the area by soaking it in lukewarm water or applying ice on it.
- Use medications like lidocaine to relieve pain.
- Certain exercises might also help relax the area.
- Biofeedback also helps relax the vaginal muscles and bring some relief.
Hi i am suffering from PCOD AND MIgraine. M using rizact-10 from migraine. Should I take rizact or not.
Dear Doctor, I am 25 years old female. I am trying to conceive since last 2 years. I am having pcod since last 1 years. I am having Thyroid (TSH) since last 3 years. I was taking medicines for pcod and TSH. My period was irregular and last two months (jan, Feb) periods comes correct time. In last month (Mar) my periods not come in time. So on 23 mar I went to lab and tested HCG beta test and result was 36.47. After two days (25 mar) I again tested the same test and result was 34.21 so its was decreased. I also tested my thyroid TSH on 23 mar and the result is 12.079. So as I explained above please tell me whether I am pregnant or not ?Any chance for pregnancy? What I have to do next?
As you are reading this article, you may find several plastic items within your reach, your computer or phone, a pen, maybe an old food container in your kitchen. Today, plastic is everywhere in our lives. It has become an icon of convenience culture.
Is it really safe?&nbsp;
Before we take a call whether plastic we are using is safe or not, it is important to understand different type of plastics. Society of plastic industry has grouped plastics into 7 different categories separate code called spi is given to each plastic, which is marked in triangle symbol at the bottom of each plastic bottle.
Spi code #1:
Plastic marked with an spi code of 1 is made with polyethylene terephthalate, which is also known as pete or pet. Pete-based containers sometimes absorb odours and flavors from foods and drinks that are stored inside of them. Items made from this plastic are commonly recycled.
Beverage bottles, medicine jars, peanut butter jars, combs, beanbags, and rope.
Recycled pete is used to make tote bags, carpet, fiber fill material in winter clothing, and more.
Impression: okay to use. Not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones.
Spi code #2:
The spi code of 2 identifies plastic made with high-density polyethylene, or hdpe. Hdpe products are very safe and are not known to leach any chemicals into foods or drinks. (however, due to the risk of contamination from previously held substances, please note: it is never safe to reuse an hdpe bottle as a food or drink container if it didn't originally contain food or drink!) hdpe products are commonly recycled.
Items made from this plastic include containers for milk, motor oil, shampoos and conditioners, soap bottles, detergents, and bleaches. Many personalized toys are made from this plastic as well.
Recycled hdpe is used to make plastic crates, plastic lumber, fencing, and more.
Impression: good to use. Not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones.
Spi code #3:
Plastic labeled with an spi code of 3 is made with polyvinyl chloride, or pvc. Pvc is not often recycled and can be harmful if ingested.
Pvc is used for all kinds of pipes and tiles, but it's most commonly found in plumbing pipes. This kind of plastic should not come in contact with food items.
Recycled pvc is used to make flooring, mobile home skirting, and other industrial-grade items.
Impression: avoid using it as it contains plasticisers such as deha or phthalates that can leach into food.
Spi code #4:
Plastic marked with an spi code of 4 is made with low-density polyethylene, or ldpe. Ldpe is not commonly recycled, but it is recyclable in certain areas. It tends to be both durable and flexible. It also is not known to release harmful chemicals into objects in contact with it, making it a safe choice for food storage.
Plastic cling wrap, sandwich bags, squeezable bottles, and plastic grocery bags all are made from ldpe.
Recycled ldpe is used to make garbage cans, lumber, furniture, and many other products seen in and around the house.
Impression: ok to use. Not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones, but not as widely recycled as #1 or #2.
Spi code #5:
Consumers will find the spi code of 5 on plastic items made with polypropylene, or pp. Pp can be recycled but is not accepted for recycling as commonly as pete or hdpe. This type of plastic is strong and can usually withstand higher temperatures.
Among many other products, it is used to make plastic diapers, tupperware, margarine containers, yogurt boxes, syrup bottles, prescription bottles, and some stadium cups. Plastic bottle caps often are made from pp as well.
Recycled pp is used to make ice scrapers, rakes, battery cables, and similar items that need to be durable.
Impression: ok to use. Hazardous during production, but not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones. Not as widely recycled as #1 and #2.
Spi code #6:
Plastic marked with an spi code of 6 is made with polystyrene, also known as ps and most commonly known as styrofoam. Ps can be recycled, but not efficiently; recycling it takes a lot of energy, which means that few places accept it.
Disposable coffee cups, plastic food boxes, plastic cutlery, packing foam, and packing peanuts are made from ps.
Recycled ps is used to make many different kinds of products, including insulation, license plate frames, and rulers.
Impression: avoid using it as researchers have investigated possible health risks from traces of styrene monomer. This risk seems to be low.
Spi code #7:
The spi code of 7 is used to designate miscellaneous types of plastic that are not defined by the other six codes. Bisphenol a (bpa), polycarbonate and polylactide are included in this category. These types of plastics are difficult to recycle.
Polycarbonate, or pc, is used in baby bottles, large water bottles (multiple-gallon capacity), compact discs, and medical storage containers.
Recycled plastics in this category are used to make plastic lumber, among other products.
Impression: totally avoid using it as it polycarbonate can release bpa into food, especially when bottles are washed for reuse. Can leach into food as product ages.
Avoid recycling symbols 3, 6, and 7. While number 1 is considered safe, it is also best to avoid this plastic. Look for symbols 2, 4, and 5, as these plastics are considered to be safest.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
I am 27 years old. Having irregular menses from 5 years. Now I am having rapid weight gain with hairs on chin and areola region and some irritable nature nowadays with anorexia.
Studies are being carried out daily to better understand our sexuality
Various studies have been carried out with the aim of better understanding our sexuality and why we do what we do, sexually. They also look into things that can impact our sex life.
Below are the top 12 studies result that really blew our minds.
1. Cycles of light affect our fertility
Women used to menstruate during the new moon (when it’s dark at night) and ovulate during a full moon (when it’s light). Now, in a world full of artificial lighting and bright screens, women are not as in tune with the connection between their biology and nature. Some have tried “lunaception,” altering the lights in their bedrooms based on the moon lighting to change their ovulation.
2. Women can get pregnant five to eight days after having sex
Studies have shown that some sperm can live in the cervical mucus crypt before the egg is actually fertilized for anywhere from five to eight days after sex.
3. Wearing high heels can negatively affect a woman’s orgasm
Certain high-end shoe brands developed the arch in their high-heeled shoes to approximate the arch in a woman’s pelvis when she is having an orgasm. The heels create a contraction in the pelvic floor, which is problematic because the pelvic floor then cannot contract further during orgasm. An orgasm is usually like going from zero to 60. If you’re already at 55 [from wearing heels], you’re not going to have a full experience.
4. Orgasms can make women more creative
Studies have shown that orgasms can make women more confident, productive and creative. And it’s a feedback loop—women achieve fuller orgasms when they are being creative.
5. Birth control pills dampen the libido
Any hormonal contraception has that psychological side effect. Sometimes women even have trouble conceiving once they’re off the pill because while they may have been attracted to their partner on the pill, they’re not actually compatible with each other biochemically without the extra hormones.
6. Sitting in chairs can arouse women
Pudendal nerves, underneath the buttox and the sitting bones, feed arousal tissues (in the vagina, clitoris, anus, etc.). Sitting in a certain kind of chair pressing on the pudendal nerves in a certain way can lead to sexual arousal.
7. …But it can also dampen their orgasms
On the other hand, sitting in chairs for most of the day shortens the pelvic floor and psoas muscles—muscles which are essential to a full-body orgasm. When these muscles are tight from sitting too much, women find it harder to achieve a great orgasm.
8. Women have three erogenous zones
The clitoris, the G Spot, AND the opening of the cervix. Some argue nipples belong on that list too.
9. Nerve endings are distributed differently in every woman’s vagina
Like a snowflake, each woman is unique in that her nerve endings are distributed in her genitalia differently than anyone else. That means, every woman needs to employ slightly different methods to achieve orgasm.
10. The pulsations a woman feels during orgasm are actually her uterus trying to gather sperm
Round ligaments that end in the labia majora rock the uterus back and forth during orgasm so that the cervix has the opportunity to potentially scoop semen up that may have pooled in the back of the vagina to enhance fertility
11. Being well hydrated leads to better orgasms
Because the body is mostly fluid, being hydrated enhances people’s ability to achieve orgasm.
12. All woman can achieve orgasm
Almost no woman was born unable to achieve an orgasm. Women have the innate machinery programmed to have orgasms. But not everybody learns how to use that machinery well
The risk of a mental illness increases if one or more of your family members have a mental disorder, but this increased risk doesn't guarantee that you will develop a mental illness. Not only have some mental illnesses been found to be hereditary in nature, but certain studies have found that some major mental illnesses can be traced to the same genetic variations.
Some hereditary psychiatric disorders are:
1. Obsessive compulsive disorder
Obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD is a disorder of the brain and behavior. A person suffering from OCD has uncontrollable, recurring thoughts and behaviors they cannot stop repeating. Ocd also causes severe anxiety in such people. In 2000, a study conducted by researchers in Washington d. C. And Baltimore concluded that having one or more ocd family member (s) may increase the chances of you developing it too. In 2010, a study tracked down possible chromosomes that may be responsible for OCD.
Schizophrenia is a chronic mental illness that affects and dictates how a person feels, thinks and behaves. Those suffering from schizophrenia may lose touch with reality and experience delusions, hallucinations, thought disorders and movement disorders. It has been seen that people who have an identical twin with schizophrenia are 50% more likely to develop the disorder and those who have one parent suffering from schizophrenia are 18% more likely to inherit the illness.
Major depression or clinical depression is a common though severe mood disorder. It is characterized by an episode of sadness or apathy along with other symptoms that last at least for two consecutive weeks. Those suffering from depression may feel helpless and worthless, lose all interest in daily activities or activities they used to enjoy and feel unable to take part in normal day-to-day activities. Other symptoms of depression also include sleep pattern and appetite changes, chronic fatigue, concentration or focus problems and physical discomfort. Some patients with depression may become suicidal.
In 2011, a study pinned down a specific chromosome that may trigger depression development. Research on the hereditary properties of depression within families shows that some people are more prone to develop the disorder than others. If you have a parent or sibling that suffers from depression, you might be 1.5 to 3 times more likely to develop depression than those who do not have a close family member suffering from this condition. You are also more prone to developing bipolar disorder in such a scenario.
Related Tip: What Really Causes Personality Disorders?
I am not getting my periods sice 1.5 month. Me and my botfriend have kissed in nov month 2014. After that For two months i got my periods. But now i am not getting. Am i pregnant now?
As time progresses in a relationship, the sizzle somehow fizzles out and does not bring the same excitement as it used to. However, sex is one of the best ways to keep the relationship lively and young. Despite the hectic lifestyle and the weariness that sets in, there are definitely some simple things that can add some spice to your life and pump a new lease of life into the relationship. What was initially spontaneous needs some forceful trying with time.
Listed below are some tips that can help you sizzle up your sex life.
- Simple touch: Remember that sex need not happen in the bedroom when the lights are off. Routine, regular touch, which could include holding hands and a peck on the cheek can help keep the interest alive. Make it a routine to do this every day, at a chosen time of the day.
- Fix up a date: Even if it sounds forced, block one day of the week as your date day. If possible, go out for a dinner which will bring a change of place. Cook some aphrodisiac foods like onion, celery, asparagus could add to the magic.
- Go lingerie shopping together: This could be one nice way to rekindle interest and along the way, you might end up with some nice fancy stuff.
- Watch adult movies together: This definitely will bring you in the mood. If you are both game, then you could watch something different and even end up trying. It has been proven that a person's preferences in bed change with time, and the new positions and forms might bring back the eagerness to indulge in the act more often.
- Try different place, different time: This could be something like spending time in the shower together, or in the pool, or even spending a night in a hotel for a change. The routine home environment sometimes just sucks away the energy and mood required for sex.
- Frank discussion: As much as it might seem difficult, try having a frank discussion with your partner about how they feel about sex - would they like to turn anything, why there is less of it in general, etc.
- Work out: Exercise to show that you are interested in keeping yourself in shape and healthy. This definitely will kindle interest in the other person.
- Read about sex: There are some sex facts including how it helps in curing headache, is the best cure for cold, is more effective than half an hour of running, frequent ejaculations reduce chances or prostate cancer, etc.
And these are some sure ways to improve your sex life.
My wife is suffering from vagina pain. At the time of sex, when feeling come then she feel pain in her vagina iner portion of vagina. Pain arise not at the time of sex, before sex when her feeling comes.
I am getting irregular periods since from 3 years .i have not consulted any doctor till now. I get itching in private parts. They are very irritating. I am getting hair fall what is The reason for this. Can you help.
I have white discharge problem for 8 years. I tried so many natural treatments and consulted so many doctors. Even scan report and blood test became normal but it still continuing. There is no use of normal treatments and tablets. What is the solution for this problem?
Mistakes that sabotage a Good Diet
Eating Healthy, eating Clean can sometimes be very confusing. With more and more new information coming up every day, one cannot comprehend what is healthy and what not. However, if you understand a few mistakes that can literally sabotage your good diet, you can surely be assured of eating healthy and clean.
1. You can be wrong with juices
Everyone thinks a glass of orange juice or any other fruit juice can do wonders for your health. But the truth is that you will be better off eating the whole fruit rather than the juice.
Why? For the simple reason, that juices lack the fiber content found in fruits. The fibers slow down digestion of sugar in the fruit whereas their absence in the juice causes the blood sugar to spike and results in insulin resistance.
Besides, packaged juices contain hardly any real fruit, all flavoring and concentrate apart from added sugar, a big wrong in Eating Clean.
2. Drinking your Protein? Na! That can be wrong too!
People like bodybuilders, gym goers drink a lot of protein shakes to get their proteins supplemented. However, protein shakes are OK for those who are on the go or for replacing meals sometimes but they cannot be altogether substituted for protein intake.
Your protein must come from your food. Meat, fish, pulses, eggs and dairy cannot be replaced by shakes since you will definitely miss out the nutritional value that whole foods provide.
Besides, protein shakes may have lot of artificial constituents and refined sugar that can be really bad for you.
3. Can’t understand food labels properly? A great mistake!
With more and more people working, many on the move, packaged food cannot be altogether avoided. However, one must make sure to read and understand the food labels.
The food labels reveal what is inside the package. Anything that has the label – Organic, Raw or Gluten-free is not surely healthy. One must know about ingredients especially things like MSG, Aspartame (artificial sweeteners) etc. that can be really unhealthy.
4. Sugar may be hidden somewhere
Calorie conscious? Avoiding sweets?
Well, even though you are very careful about selecting what you eat and avoid anything that tastes sweet, some sugar may still be hiding in your food increasing your calorie intake, without you knowing about it. Foods like tomato ketchup, pasta sauce, low-fat biscuits/crackers or low-fat dairy products, sandwich bread may all be hiding sugar almost equivalent to that present in a piece of cake. You must learn about hidden sugars and its alternatives to truly understand what you are eating.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.