Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma Murya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma MuryaYour feedback matters!
Meri wife four month and fifteen days about se pregnet hain aur abhi hume baby nhi chahiye isliye hum abortion karwana chahte hain kya ye possibal hain please help me aur hain to kaise.
Hi all I am a mother of a month old boy and facing following problem while breast feeding. 1 My baby does not get satisfy completely after taking direct feed. I have to then pump the milk out and give it to him. After I bring him close to me he drinks little amount and then sleeps. After that when I make him sleep on his bed he wakes up and becomes cranky. So currently I am pumping out milk and feeding him 2. There is very less amount of milk that gets pumped out from left breast as compared to right one 3. Which food to intake to increase milk production 4. Does milk production reduces if I pump out the milk and feed instead of direct. Please help me out on this.
Running is proven to be one of the most efficient forms of exercise as it has a ton of benefits attached to it. For instance, running helps you in maintaining your body weight by cutting down that unwanted or extra body fat, and helps in keeping you slim and trim. It also aids in improving your metabolism. Regular exercising will keep you energised, and increase your stamina.
Before starting with this physical activity, there are certain things you should know about. These are:
- Be patient: Patience is key! Now, we all know that that nothing can change in a day. You won't notice any signs of improvement on the first day. So, the best thing to do is work out every single day with dedication, and you'll notice the results in a month or so.
- Be Comfortable: It is very necessary to feel comfortable before you start your exercise. If you are going to run with your high heels or slippers on, it's never going to work out. So, it is very important to dress in your most comfortable attire before you start running.
- Eat well: A healthy diet packed with all the essential nutrients is an absolute must if you plan to take up running as a regular exercise. Do not starve yourself at any cost or skip any meal. Running will take up a lot of your energy and a healthy diet is a must if you intend on being fit and strong.
- Drink lots of water: It is very essential to drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Pro tip: Gulp down some water after your run, as we tend to lose water and minerals from our body in the form of sweat.
- Run with music on: Recent studies have proven that running with music on is the better alternative. Music helps us focus more on our goal and also helps us stay calm.
- Consistency: You have to be consistent in your workout and only then will you be able to notice a significant change in your health. Running at least once a day is recommended. Some people tend to run twice a day too, but that depends from person to person. Do not burden yourself too much. Running is an exhausting exercise and you should not force your body too much.
- Calm your body and mind: Running or jogging in the morning can have a positive impact on you as it reduces stress and keeps you calm and sound throughout the day.
On my first day of zumba class while doing exercise I felt as if there is sudden flow of discharge down there. When I reached home I checked a little pinkish stain along with huge wetness on panty. Do I hv broken my hymen. There was no bleeding at all then but on third day I again felt little brownish mucous discharge. What is all this. Please resolve my confusion?
Do you think if a women orgasms and satisfied first by lets say a minute before the guy, that she lowers her chances on becoming pregnant or higher chances, and in fertile days if white discharge comes during and after orgasms and satisfaction then how much chances of conceiving?
If an couple had sex on 22 day of period of her cycle n she took ipill with in, 3 hours. Is there chance of pregnancy?
I'm . 17 years old. I have 4 to 5 bumps on my penis head. Sometimes burning started in Tennis. I didn't sex in my life. I did only masturbation 5 to 6 times. I have this problems since September 2015. My skin look like damaging. Please help me. What's the problem. Is this std? Or any other infection.
I am 30 years old and my wife is 26 years. We got married in 2012, February and its been 4.5 years around we are trying for a baby but unfortunately not successful. We went to gynecologist and they referred us for some tests and after the results we got there are some small issues with me and very small issues with my wife like hyperthyroid which were told to us that it is not so much tensions type of things and we can try till last. I am worrying about one issue like people says that time is very precious and after that nothing can be done. I am taking very tensions for small small things and trying to become cool and calm but it is again not done. Even we both are having some words disputes in which I always harsh on her and for which I think it should not be done as I found to be guilty. When we sometime have a mood to do for a baby we need something to help like laptop/movie to have some mood to reach out there to do. I hope you understand. Also we can not do for long last and complete withing 10 minutes. I am taking some medicines also of himalaya like Gokshura/seacod/ and one more virkshmala. Please suggest if anything can be done for any remedies.
Ear infection is a disorder which can either be viral or bacterial, affecting one’s middle ear the most. This disorder is painful as fluid accumulates in the ear leading to inflammation. Infections of the ear can either be chronic or acute in nature, the damage is more prominent in case of chronic infections. Acute ear infections can be painful but they usually fade away in a few days’ time.
In case of an ear infection, you will experience pain in the ear. A pressure may develop in the ear accompanied by drainage of pus from the ears. Some severe cases might also lead to loss of hearing, be it temporary or permanent. The symptoms of ear infection may develop and affect both the ears. Fever during ear infections is another common auxiliary condition.
Ear infections tend to occur when the Eustachian tubes in the ear get blocked as a result of fluid accumulation in the ear. The Eustachian tubes can get blocked due to the following reasons –
- Being affected by allergies
- Conditions such as cold can lead to ear infection
- Problems in the sinuses
- Excessive smoking
- Infected adenoid glands
In addition to the causes, there are certain risk factors which can make one prone to ear infections, some of them being:
- Narrow Eustachian tubes in children increase the risks of ear infections
- Changes in climate and altitude
- Second hand exposure to cigarette smoke
For mild symptoms, simple home remedies will suffice. A warm compress on the affected area can reduce the pain. Taking pain relieving medications such as ibuprofen can also help in reducing pain. For moderate symptoms, antibiotics may be required to treat the bacterial infection.
If other treatments do not work, then surgery may be required. Usually tubes are inserted in the ear to drain the accumulated fluid. If it involves the adenoid glands, then surgical removal of the adenoid glands may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
Sir, My friend had an ovarian cyst and she removed it in the last month, and the further result telling that there some chance of regeneration of cyst so consultant advice her to remove ovary. Is removal of one ovary reduce her chance of getting pregnant?
In order to fulfill your and your partner's desires if must understand them and along with that you need to keep a track of your mental and physical health, so that you can fulfill those desires. There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive and this being a private matter are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a lower sexual drive. It is to be noted that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counselling along with therapy, if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From antidepressants to antihypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, which leads to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or hyperlipidemia, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health and maintain a good lifestyle has an effect on the overall health and definitely on the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person finds out that he has a low sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.
My LMP was on 2nd Nov and I took a home pregnancy test today which showed positive. I have pcos and am on metformin for last 2 months. I had slight bleeding on 27th evening and on 28th nov I had one clot of blood come out after which I never had any spotting of bleeding till now. Am worried if my pregnancy test which came positive is true or not. Does that have any impact on the bleeding that I had 3 days ago. Am worried and need your advice. Am planning for a child. Please help.
I got married in the year 2007, nov My first baby was born on 26jan, 2009 Then I got my wife aborted thrice i. E in the year 2010, 2011, 2012 respectively by using (misoprostol mt pills) due to my financial problems. After march 2014 I am trying my best for my new baby -even consult many gynecologists but all in vain. Now pls recommend me if there is any chance for my wife to become pregnant or not?
My wife get too much pain in waist during her periods time. In that she take some tablet to stop blooding. Is it safe and what can she do that she can control or bear less pain.
Hello Mam, I want to ask some personal question. My period date is always extant. Now its going to complete 3 months. I am unmarried now. So what's the solution of this thing.
Smoking in pregnancy is harmful to both the mother as well as her unborn child. Women who smoke or are exposed to secondhand smoke during pregnancy are at greater risk for spontaneous pregnancy losses, preterm births, preterm premature rupture of membranes, placenta previa, abruptio placentae and still births.
Most of these risks can be reduced by avoiding secondhand smoking,
The IMA campaign on Tobacco cessation will continue till 31st May, 2015 with a Tableau, which will go around Delhi/NCR to create awareness on how to quit smoking.
Quitting smoking during pregnancy has beneficial aspects but most benefits occur if one quits smoking or avoids exposure to secondhand smoke during the first three months of pregnancy.
In pregnancy, there is nothing like reducing or cutting down on smoking. It has to be a ?Zero Smoking Policy.? For women who cannot quit, drugs are not contraindicated.
About 50% of women who quit, restart within 2 months. Therefore, continuing counselling is required.