Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. U.M. MahajanYour feedback matters!
My aunt is diagnosed as dengue positive. She is not been given any specific treatment. Her count is also reducing. She is prescribed with paracetamol, vitamin tab and gastric tab. She is diabetic too. Why no specific treatment like cariprill not given? Is it fine to take al these tabs and taking rest at home? Please reply!
I want to gain some weight. How may i? Pls suggest something nd also suggest me some diet plan. Thank you.
A woman aspires to give her best in all spheres of life- home, child-care, social relationships and work. High expectations from oneself and those of others together cause great amount of stress among working mothers. Physical exercising help release endorphins in the body which are stress fighting hormones and help in relieving stress. Here is a list of fun physical exercises that working moms can choose their work-out regimen from and enhance their mental health.
- High energy activities: High energy aerobic exercises lead to an increased heart rate, which results in production of more endorphins that make the body fight stress naturally. They include running, skipping, dancing, etc. These also improve physical and mental health.
- Yoga: Yoga is excellent for stress relief. It involves movement and stationary poses or postures, along with breathing exercises. Yoga enhances the body's natural response to relaxation, making your life healthier.
- Tai Chi: Tai chi involves a series of flowing movements of the body along with breathing. Having its roots in martial arts, Tai Chi provides efficient stress relief.
- Pilates: This exercise involves a series of movements and exercises performed on a mat. Pilates enhance strength, flexibility, endurance and immunity of the body.
- Martial arts: Martial arts is an effective way of unleashing energy and venting out frustration, which result in reducing stress. There are different forms of martial arts to choose from, which include Judo, karate, Taekwondo and several others.
- Kick boxing: Kick boxing reduces stress to a great extent and involves punching and kicking, which is performed with discipline. Kickboxing incorporates a rigorous workout schedule and is a great way to vent out frustration and energy, releasing stress.
- Team sports: Team sports are an ideal way to relieve stress, work out and have fun, altogether. Playing tennis, cricket or football offers a double amount of stress relief. Playing with your family will encourage bonding, fun and help in relieving stress together.
- On the go exercises: Several exercises such as running or jogging and cycling allow you to have a break, breathe some fresh country air and get your mind freshened up. Along with the release of energy, travelling across beautiful places helps in stress relief.
- Meditation: Meditation is an amazing mind exercise for stress relief. It requires great concentration and must be performed in a quiet atmosphere. Peace of mind is obtained.
- Gym activities: A gym has a lot of exercising instruments and devices. They involve power and strength and energy is unleashed. This is an ideal vent for anger and frustration, which results in great stress relief. One of these exercises can be practised in isoltaion or a combination of exercises can be chosen from to suit your needs. Stress busting exercises should be practised regularly to maintain good mental health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor or ask a free question.
I have red eyes from last three months. Please concern me about this problem. I have also dark circle at eyes.
My stomach is paining from one year, I consulted doctor. A well known doctor from my city but got no relief what should I do now?
There has been an intense debate, which is in the loop for years and has been raging back and forth regarding the deficiencies of a vegetarian diet versus the perils of a non-vegetarian one. This heated debate is both accurate as well as unfounded. Probably, that’s the entire reason it is still a debate. In fact, if you look into the diet of both groups, you will be able to identify the fact that, there is a space for healthy living in both.
In a vegetarian diet, the food intake of a person is confined to a large variety of foods derived from plants along with milk and dairy. And, any form of meat and products derived from animals are completely avoided.
- Vegetarians have been noted to consume lesser amount of proteins, but they do not suffer from problems related to a high protein diet, such as osteoporosis (characterized by brittle and weak bones) and kidney failure.
- The diet includes high level of antioxidants such as vitamin E & C as well as carotene, which is available in vegetables and fruits.
- Additionally, they consume less amount of saturated fats.
- Deficiency of vitamin B12 is common amongst vegetarians, as it is mainly available in meat, eggs and fish. Deficiency of vitamin B12 can yield rare symptoms such as increased fatigue, shortness of breath and a temporary loss of body balance.
- Lack of protein, as stated above, along with iron and zinc deficiency is also common.
Symptoms of protein deficiency can be troublesome and include signs like
- Sluggish metabolism
- Loss of body muscles (as the body tries to derive the regular protein intake from your muscles, thus making them weak),
- Trouble gaining or losing weight
- Persistent fatigue
- Longer healing time in case of wounds and injuries
- Pain in joints
- Drastic changes in blood sugar level that might result in diabetes
- A weak immune system makes you vulnerable to all kinds of diseases.
A non-vegetarian diet includes all forms of plant foods as well as foods and by-products that are derived from animals, such as poultry, fish, meat, etc.
- Vitamin B12 is present in adequate level since they are derived from sources such as meat, eggs and fish. Adequate intake of proteins is never an issue for non-vegetarians
- Meat products are loaded with saturated fats, which increase the risk of heart diseases. Studies have shown that people consuming non-vegetarian diets:
- Have shorter lifespan and are more vulnerable to chronic diseases.
- Tend to develop diabetes, heart diseases and hypertension.
- Usually non vegetarians eat less amount of vegetables and fruits than what is recommended.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.