Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tyag Murthi Sharma
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Tyag Murthi SharmaYour feedback matters!
I won't sleep in nights and more I work on system. I am working night shifts. Please suggest me the best solution to protect my eyes and get the sleep well.
I feel sensitivity to bright light (eg: sun light and florescent light) symptoms like fatigue, dizzy, wheezing. I checked with ophthalmologist, she said everything was good with my eyes. What is the reason for this. Sunglasses might reduces this when I wear.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
- A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
- Mucous surrounding the eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Redness of the eyes
- A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
- Problems in wearing contact lenses
- Vision problems, especially while driving at night
- Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
- Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!