Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tripti AroraYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, mere period 3-4 month k baad aate hai. Meri sb report normal Hai .sonography Bhi normal hai. Hormonal test Bhi normal hai. And mere hubby ki report Bhi normal Hai. Hum 3 years se planning kr rahe Hai bt koi result nhi mila .Aur Maine period normal krne k liye Bhi medice liya bohot bt koi effect nhi hua. please suggest me effective treatment for conceive.
Cuts and bruises is a common occurrence in any household. In most cases, they’re ignored and left to heal on their own. However, some injuries can take a while to heal. If you think about it, you’ll also notice that when you’ve injured yourself somewhere, you tend to keep hitting that spot against things and make it worse. Homeopathy is a form of treatment that has negligible side effects and is very effective at speeding up the healing process for bruises and other wounds. Here are a few common homeopathic medicines that you should keep at home to treat bruises etc.
- Arnica: Arnica is very effective when it comes to dealing with deep seated bruises. It can also be used to reduce swelling at the site of the injury. Arnica can be used in pill form or applied in the form of a cream. However, arnica should never be used on an open wound where the skin is cut. In the pill form, arnica can also be used to stop internal or external bleeding.
- Calendula: Calendula can be used to fasten the healing process. Along with bruises, it can also be used to treat ruptured muscles and tendons. When applied topically, it draws out dirt and prevents infections.
- Hypericum: This homeopathic remedy is very useful in treating injuries and wounds that cause nerve damage. It also ensures that a bruise heals from the inside and not only superficially.
- Ledum: Wounds that are caused by a sharp object or formed as a result of painful injections or the after effects of an epidural can be treated with Ledum. It promotes the removal of pus and prevents septic infections.
- Staphysagria: Staphysagria is used to treat sensitive wounds where the tissue is lacerated. In such cases, the sphincters are also found to be lacerated and stretched due to foreign bodies. Staphysagria can also be used to treat extremely painful wounds.
- Phytolacca: This is an excellent remedy for wounds that have a tendency to ulcerate or injuries that cause soreness and can trigger tetanus. Injured fibrous tissue or osseous muscle sheaths can also be treated with phytolacca.
- Bufo: Wounds that cause the area to feel numb and which trigger muscle spasms that leave the patient unable to move the part can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. It can also be used to treat regional hematomas triggered by the rupturing of blood vessels due to the trauma.
I am not having my periods since 3 months. I don't know what the problem is. I am not pregnant. Pls give some suggestions.
I am a 20 year old girl. I lost my virginity 2 days ago. We used a condom but he did insert once for a few seconds without it. I had minimal bleeding. I also took Unwanted 72 the next day. I am having clear vaginal discharge which smells a little. I have a 28 day cycle and my first day of periods was 14 February. What are the chances of pregnancy and is the discharge normal?
Last month I got my menstrual cycle on time. This month there is no sign of getting it till yet. It has been delayed by 2 weeks till now. What should I do?
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian life science that requires you to make various lifestyle changes along with the use of medication that is based on herbs and condiments with massages and Yogic postures. This field of medicine believes in getting to the root of the problem so as to cure it and prevent it in the future as well. Gastritis is no different and enjoys the same kind of attention when it comes to Ayurveda.
Here is everything you need to know about the Ayurvedic perspective of gastritis:
- Definition: As per Ayurveda, gastritis is known as Urdhva Amlapitta, which can lead to the occurrence of stomach ulcers when the inflammation of the stomach lining goes untreated for a prolonged period of time. This inflammation is the basic outcome of the condition.
- Causes: Problems in the Vata Dosha, one of the four Doshas in the body, can cause this condition. Also, a build up of Ama or toxins due to poor digestive health, can lead to the occurrence of this disease. As per Ayurveda, there are many reasons that may cause this toxin build up and the imbalance in the Vata Dosha. This includes eating spicy food on a regular or frequent basis and taking too many drugs like pain killers and analgesics which can lead to this condition. Also, too much of alcohol consumption and greasy food can cause gastritis. Further, one of the main causes of gastritis as per Ayurveda, is the presence of too much stress and worry, and the lack of a proper routine when it comes to eating, sleeping and exercising.
- Symptoms: The main symptoms include appetite loss and nausea, as well as discomfort and pain in the abdomen. Gastrointestinal bleeding and blood discharge may also occur for patients suffering from this condition. Headaches and vomiting are also common symptoms of this condition.
- Medication: There are various Ayurvedic medicines that can help in treating this condition. Sukumara Ghrita are ghee based preparations that can be taken every morning with a glass of warm milk in order to activate the digestive fires and improve the digestive powers. The difference can usually be seen in a matter of days. Dhatri Lauha includes amla juice which should be taken twice a day. Lemon juice, ajwain, amla and ginger are also helpful in such situations.
- Lifestyle Changes: Avoiding spicy and greasy food as well as stopping alcohol abuse and smoking can help in curing this condition. One should also stay away from excessively stressful mental and physical tasks.
Taking the right steps at the right time for a proper routine with good habits can help in treating this condition as per Ayurveda.
I had unsafe sex with my girlfriend 2009 to 2012 maximum 5 to 6 times in that period. (She's married past 12 years) I have completed 9 years from 2009 to 2017 but there are no symptoms on the body. I tested my std panel in 2016 my all test results came negative (only hsv1positive ). But still I am a healthy male. No health issues. So now my question is. I have been reading about hpv over the past several months, I feel like now I can be hpv too. Now day's I am fully in depression (1) Can there be a possibility of HPV after so many years? (2009 to 2017)(2) How do I get rid of HPV from my mind? (3) My exposure was last in 2012, after that I have not had sex yet. (4) I have never seen any signs in so many years, whether I am free from HPV or I will have to wait longer.
Can: Ipil cause irregularity in periods for more than one month? I always have regular period cycle. I took ipill on 14/11/2015 after condom broke during sex. My expected periods was on 18/11//2015 but taking ipill delayed my periods to 23/11/2015. (I did not have any intercourse after 14/11. I also took pregnancy test today - Negative result) But I did not get my period yet this month. Is this a side effect of ipill? How long will my periods be delayed? How long should I wait before taking another pregnancy test?
Dear Doctors, My sister is 4 month pregnant and has cardiac disease (Supra Ventricular Techy Cardia). She is being treated conservatively due to high risk because of pregnancy. As per cardiologist, ablation [procedure to cure SVTC] can only be performed post-delivery. I want to know, is it correct that she is on high risk if ablation gets performed before delivery. Another question is, if she continue with conservative treatment [oral medicine] then how complicated her delivery would be due to this disease? Is there any risk to delivery?
What is the difference between implantation bleeding and period bleeding? How many days can implantation bleeding happen?
I am 18 year old and I have this problem of PCOD since 2 years. I want a permanent solution to this as I don't want to be on medicine for my lifetime.
What would you recommend for an effective PCOS (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) diet to prevent the typical symptoms of Bacne, excessive hair, on body, weight and hormonal swings?
Is it normal to miss period for one month after first sexual intercourse when girl bleed for 2 or 3 days after first sexual intercourse. And if she is not pregnant. Is there anything to worry or is it be easily treated by a gynecologist can anyone help me
The value of warm water as a therapeutic medium was recognised and utilised by philosophers and physicians such as pluto and hippopocrates as a treatment for muscle spasms and various diseases. It can be used for a large variety of conditions like low back pain osteoarthritis inflammatory conditions multiple sclerosis traumatic brain injury spinal cord injuries fibromyalgia etc,
Foods that lower testosterone
1. Alcohol: this has been linked to lowered testosterone levels. By discontinuing excessive alcohol consumption, you can expect to improve the sex life of both you and your partner. It is also advised to avoid mixed drinks, as they may contain excess amounts of sugar, leading to weight gain.
2. Ice cream: this tasty treat is packed with sugar and empty calories, making it a poor choice for the health conscious. Ice cream may also lead to increased fatigue and migraine onset when eaten in high quantity. A better-frozen alternative would be frozen or plain yogurt.
3. Pasta: is high in carbohydrates, making it also high in calories. While the body loves carbs and can actually burn them off faster, running a marathon soon after you eat a huge serving of this starchy food is highly unlikely. If you don’t burn off these extra calories, your body will store the extra energy as fat.
4. Snacks: praised for their convenience and delicious taste, snacks like chips, chocolate bars, and cookies are high in sugar and carbohydrates that can instantly raise blood sugar levels. It may take some effort and willpower, but replacing unhealthy snacks with raw vegetables, raw nuts, or even dark chocolate can help increase male libido and provide the body with the healthy fats that your body needs.
5. Breakfast biscuits and cookies: generally considered high in trans fats, as they tend to be highly processed. These types of foods affect hormones in the body, including testosterone. By changing your early morning eating habit to something less processed, you can keep your testosterone levels optimal.
6. Nachos and chicken wings: despite being a favorite “game day” food option, eating nachos can provide the body more carbs than it really needs, leading to excess weight gain. Also, eating deep fried wings can contribute to increased cholesterol levels, which can affect the heart over time.
7. Low-fat diet sugar: having the right about of fat in the diet is recommended for the release of testosterone as well as to increase sex drive. Studies have shown that low-fat diets contribute to lower testosterone levels, with men who better regulate their blood sugar levels having better sex. The reason for this is that too much sugar in the diet can lower testosterone levels. Many low-fat diets trade fat for carbohydrates, which gets converted into glucose in the body, much like sugar.
8. Flax: a widely known health food and a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. However, flax seeds do not contain enough to overcome the effect of low testosterone, as flax seeds themselves contain compounds called lignans that mimic estrogen in the body. Flax seeds are considered to have three times more estrogen-like hormones than soybeans do. If flax seeds are your source of omega 3’s and you are a male suffering from low testosterone, it may be time to get a separate omega 3 supplement.
9. Licorice: a herb that most people associate with the worst tasting candy, licorice can help reduce stress when consumed as a tea. But it also contains high amounts of estrogen-like compounds.
10. Beer: a different form of alcohol, beer is different as it contains many more calories and carbs and can be very bad for men. The hops used to make beer is estrogenic and contain 300, 000 ius of estrogen per 100g of hops.
11. Soy: high in a compound called isoflavones that are proven to be estrogenic, soy is one type of food men with low testosterone should avoid. Their estrogen-like effect has been considered so strong that eating large amounts is almost equivalent to taking birth control pills, in theory.
12. Spearmint: this refreshing herb is used in everything from tea to chewing gum. It is also an old remedy for women to get rid of facial hair due to the estrogenic compounds it provides. Eating natural spearmint should be avoided in men concerned about their t levels.
13. Legumes and beans: this category of food is known for its estrogenic activity. For example, the lima bean is filled with a compound called phytoestrogenic fiber inositol and lignans that have been proven to lower serum testosterone as well as inhibit dihydrotestosterone levels.
14. Whole grains: while considered good for the digestive system, grains have testosterone mechanisms. They contain gluten that can increase prolactin levels and reduce testosterone levels. Diet rich in dietary fiber can also lower testosterone. Additionally, most grains can suck out essential minerals from the body.
15. Soda: soft drinks have excessive quantities of sugar and are one of the major contributors to the obesity epidemic. Not only is the liquid itself bad for you, but the bottles they are packaged in may also harm your health, as they are often made with phthalates that have strong estrogen-like properties.
16. Fast food: most of these establishments use low-grade meats to sell to their customers. The meat sources may be fed low-quality food and injected with antibiotics and growth hormones throughout their lives. Fast food is also very greasy, with the majority of items being deep fried. Sunflower and soybean oil can significantly reduce the testosterone levels in males.
17. Cheese: while great on your pizza and nachos, this dairy product can potentially mess with the body’s natural production of the hormone, including estrogen and testosterone.
18. High-pufa vegetable oils: polyunsaturated fats found in these types of oils has been proven in studies to reduce testosterone levels and should be avoided.
19. High doses of dietary fiber: while many people will tell you that increasing your dietary intake of fiber is good for you, it may, in fact, affect testosterone levels. The problem arises when a male eats too much fiber, altering the metabolism of testosterone, decreasing its levels. It is not advised to restrict fiber altogether if low testosterone is a concern, but to eat a regular amount of fiber.