Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tavin Garg
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tavin GargYour feedback matters!
Skin is the first and foremost organ exposed to the onslaught of a variety of germs and bacteria. Your skin fights against these germs to keep you safe and healthy. Thus, skincare should not be treated as an element of vanity. A skincare regimen is something essential for your overall wellness.
Ways you should adopt to take care of your skin on a daily basis:
- Dry skin should be kept safe from harsh face washes: Face washes have a milder effect as compared to soaps, but they surely aren't good for the health of your skin. Skin, especially that on your face, is delicate. To retain its natural glow and nourishment, care should be taken to maintain its natural oils and nutrients. Washing your face repeatedly with harsh face washes can make your skin dull and rough. If you have a dry skin, you should be extra careful to retain the natural oils of your skin and hence should stay away from soaps or face washes.
- A skin with large pores should be exfoliated frequently: Skin with large, open pores is usually oily. Excess oil can lead to several other problems like acne, pimples or skin pigmentation. Such kind of skin should therefore be exfoliated and toned as part of a person's daily routine. Exfoliation rids your skin of dead cells, which on continued accumulation, can lead to infections. However, toning helps in tightening your skin.
- Sunscreens should be used irrespective of the prevailing weather: Whether it is sunny or cloudy outside, sunscreens are a must. You should never venture outdoors without applying sunscreen on the bare parts of your body. Sunscreen lotions are known to prevent you from the harmful UV rays of the sun that can subject you to the threat of skin cancer. It is absolutely necessary to apply these lotions generously and at least twenty minutes before a person goes outside.
- Hydration is the best suited way to have a healthy skin: When it comes to the look and well-being of your skin, hydration is indeed important. Drinking plenty of water and fruit juices can keep your skin moisturized naturally. Make sure you include fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Settle for herbal or natural face packs: Herbal or natural face packs run from a lower propensity to react with your original skin type. This helps you to avoid chances of contracting acne or any other kind of fungal or bacterial infection. You should make efforts to grind turmeric at home to apply it on your face instead of buying a readymade pack. This way, you steer clear of chemical substances and their disadvantages.
I have an oily skin type and I'm suffering for pimples & open pores problem so which face wash and moisturizer & skin care tips should I use to control oil from my face.
I am 30 years old .I have problem in my face I have melasma, hyperpigmentation from 15 years .my full face has become black. Is it curable and how much time will it take.
Hernia surgery is performed for the correction of a hernia which refers to the bulging of internal organs or tissues through an abnormal opening. It is easy to detect hernia through any pain or discomfort while lifting heavy objects, cough and strain during urination or bowel movements or during prolonged standing or sitting. It can be found in both men and women. The Hernia can be congenital or can be developed over a period of time. If it doesn’t get better over time and also does not go away by itself, then surgery becomes the only option.
Types of Surgery
There are two types of surgery for hernia treatment. One is the conventional open method, which requires an incision in the skin directly over the hernia. The other one is the Laparoscopic hernia repair in which surgery is performed using a small telescope known as a laparoscope. In this type of surgery minimal invasions are made and the hernia is repaired with only small incisions adjacent to the hernia. Most hernia operations are performed on an outpatient basis, which means that you can go home the very same day.
Tips for early recovery
- Wear comfortable clothing with expandable waistbands.
- Keep yourself active by moving around as much as you can as it increases circulation, which further speeds up healing.
- Eat a diet rich in fibre, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink lots of water and other fluids to avoid constipation.
- Do not lift any objects even if it is very light as it can bring back pain.
- Do not to pick up things from the floor as it will be difficult to bend.
- Hold a pillow against your stomach while sneezing or coughing to lessen the pain.
- Use stool softener for a few days before and after surgery to help you with your bowel movements.
- Avoid driving till the time you feel any pain and as long as you are taking narcotic pain medicines.
- Band-Aids which cover the incisions should be changed as and when needed.
- Refrain yourself from intercourse as it can be painful.
- Check with your doctor when to take a shower so as not to hurt your incisions, and make sure to gently dry your incisions and replace the Band-Aids after taking a shower.
- Do not consume any alcoholic drinks for at least 24 hours.
The tips mentioned above will definitely provide help to cope up with post surgery blues. However, in case of fever, excessive sweating, difficulty in urinating, bleeding or any prolonged pain consult your doctor immediately.
Sir am 19 years of age and I have a deep scar in my face, people advised me to have laser treatment for it. But I can't afford it sir. Please prescribe me some cream for it sir with no side effects. Please sir.
I am suffering from constipation yearly 2 times and and anal fissure also and now everything gone but small skin tag outside to anus is irritating what is the quick remedy.
Sir I am getting up early at night I dnt the reason behind it bt I have a problem that I am having a hiatus hernia and the treatment is going on I am very scared knw.
Some women look atleast a decade younger than the age mentioned on their passports. For most of these women this is the result of anti-aging creams and serums. There are dozens of anti-aging products available today. The tough part is finding the right product for you.
Here are a few tips to help you make the right choice
- Start with the Basics: Dehydrated skin and sun exposure are the primary triggers for wrinkles, sun spots and fine lines. To prevent this, start by picking a good sunscreen. When picking your sunscreen look for one that offers an SPF of 30 or more, water resistance and protection against both UVA and UVB rays. If you have sensitive skin, avoid sunscreens with fragrances, harsh chemicals, alcohol and preservatives.
- Understand your Primary Concern: No one product can address all signs of aging. At the same time, using multiple products can do more harm than good. Infact, it can make you look older. Hence, it is important to take an honest look at the mirror and identify your main concerns. Pick a single anti-aging product that addresses this issue.
- Pick a Retinoid Based Cream: Retinoids are the best way to fight signs of aging like fine lines, larger pores and dark spots. Choose between a retinol cream and serum depending on your skin. While creams are betters suited for dry skin, a serum works well to treat clogged pores and acne. Eliminate products that have artificial preserves or paraben.
- Read the Label: Take a close look at the label and pick a product that contains anti-oxidants or is hypoallergenic. Also look for vitamins and polypeptides. This can nourish your skin and keep it elastic for longer. Pick products that have the words 'non-comedogenic' on the label. Lastly, look for the consumer hotline number on the product.
- Patch Test: It is impossible to know how a product will react with your skin before using it. Anti-aging products are intended for use on the face but before using it on your face, you must first do a patch test. A patch test involves applying the product on a small patch of skin on the forearm and leaving it for 24 hours. If you do not notice any adverse reaction, only then use it on your face.
- Ask the Dermatologist: Self diagnosis is often not the best step to take. When it comes to skincare, it is always a good idea to consult a dermatologist before using a new product. Find a professional you trust and share your concerns with them so that they can advise you on the product that is most suited to you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!