Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Ferozepur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Taranpal Kaur Sodhi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Taranpal Kaur SodhiYour feedback matters!
Once or twice in every two month my girlfriend release white blood before or after mensuration, how bad is it. What should be done to stop it.
I am non vegetarian, I suffered from PCOD. I am gaining weight very heavily. I am 5'3 inches height Weight is 75. Please suggest me to loose weight by 15 kgs.
Hello doctor I am 23 years old 7 months pregnant I have done encircularge in 5th month can I do sex know is it safe or not please suggest me thank u.
From last two years I have problem of white liquid coming from the toilet place / vagina. I am facing this problem daily. I feel very weak. Tired. Kindly advise me what is the problem. And which doctor should I consult. I m married and having two children.
How to increase hemoglobin in women body? Please help tell me the treatment in allopathic or ayurvedic?
No doubt it's really difficult to cut down calories during festival. However you can try to cut down calories by using the following smart ways.
1. Prepare yourself for the rakshabandhan-this means you need to be careful from few days in advance and have a check on your calorie intake right from the morning of rakshabandhan
Start replacing your usual breakfast with food items with minimum calories so that you can have space for more calories when you meet your relatives &friends.
2. Cut calories at work - avoid drinking 4-5 cups of tea or coffee when at work this will help you cut down 200-250 calories.
3. Cut down intake of cola-drinking a cola bottle with lunch or dinner means additional 145 calories. Avoid this.
4. Work out-make up your mind to add some time to your workout schedule before & after festival. This will help you shred some of the additional weight &also prepare your body not to absorb fat through sweet & other rich food items.
5. Foods rich in fiber & water - try to opt for food items that are rich in fiber & enjoy your food while you eat.
6. Dinner-pay attention to what you take at dinner. Serve this at your home, you can either take low calorie food item or simply drink a glass of milk. It is completely up to you.
Last month on 30th april I had my periods and today on 16th may it again started bleeding. Within 10 days I again got periods. Is there any problem? what should I do?
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control:
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.