Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hello Doctor , I am in the last month of my pregnancy i.e.9th month and I am getting a lot of itching in my whole body it is really intolerable please suggest me some ointment or some kind of cream or some medicine.
I am 8 month pregnant my left side breast fibroadenoma is present pain occur for every day and my right side breast no pain no complaint after delivery can I feed the baby any difficult can occur for feeding the baby because fibroadenoma.
I am married. My Periods date was in between 18th to 21st and till today I haven't got my period. Planning for a baby, so had sex with my husband. We had first tried on 14th November, but I got the period immediately on 17th November. After that also we had sex, today to check whether am pregnant or not did the urine test but it was negative. I am worried Doctor. Can I be pregnant ever? What shall I do?
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this)
Following these simple tips is sure to control your bleeding, but if you still face issues and problems then consult a doctor.
Sexuality has fascinated people in all walks of life from antiquity to the present. Healthy sexual functioning plays a fundamental role in maintaining harmony and happiness in married life. It is the most essential to fill the procreational, recreational and relational aspects of life.
It provides a means to express love, which is the basis for all kinds of creative activities. The absence of which hinders the marital relationship that leaves the frustration, at some point ends in divorce and causes inefficiency in performing routine duties.
Infertility is defined as failure to achieve a pregnancy after a year of unprotected regular intercourse with the same partner. Infertility also affects men and women. Living a healthy lifestyle is important for fertility. Lifestyle factors can affect a man’s fertility, and many of these factors are things that a man can control. Leading a healthy lifestyle improves not only the possibilities of conceiving but also improves overall health.
Ayurveda, the science of life, prevention and longevity, is the oldest and most complete holistic medical system available in the world. Its basic principles can be found in the Hindu scriptures called the Vedas, the ancient Indian books of wisdom written more than 5,000 years ago.
Ayurveda uses the principles inherent in nature to help preserve the health of a person by keeping the body, mind and spirit of the person in perfect balance with nature.
Ayurveda has developed a special branch to deal with the problems of infertility known as Vajikarana, which means: make us potent as a vaji “horse”. The name derives from the fact that horses have always been a symbol of virility in ancient cultures.
Ayurveda states that reproductive health depends on the health of shukra and atharv dhatu, or reproductive tissue, in both men and women respectively. In women tissue atharv produces the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and men produce semen.
The quality of the breeding juices is directly related to the quality of the other tissues. The physical body consists of seven tissues (dhatu): plasma, blood, muscles, fat, bones, nerves and finally the reproductive tissue. The food we eat is metabolized in the digestive system and transformed – through agni, or fire – into nutrients for our body. These nutrients are what will make up the first tissue, plasma.
From there, the other tissues are being form one by one using as part of the subsequent tissue as the base material. The height of this process is reached when part of the reproductive tissue is transformed into an eighth tissue, subtle in nature, known as ojas (an essence that gives us immunity, brilliance, strength, splendor and vitality)
Infertility can often be associated with deficiency in the correct production of body tissues, poor quality of agni, as well as the presence of toxins due to inadequate diet and lifestyle.
There are two types of foods and herbs that help improve shukra dhatu, and thus help improve fertility. Some are called bringhana, and these foods strengthen the seven dhatus. The second type is called vrishya and these foods and herbs are for the shukra dhatu in particular. Bringhana foods are fresh organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk proteins, soaked almonds and walnuts, natural sweets, juicy fruits like mangos and dried fruits like figs. Vrishya foods are asparagus, broccoli, happy cow’s milk and spices like cumin seeds and coriander, shatavari, kapikachu and kalamusli.
Types of vajikarana
Ayurveda considers all substances that enhance the sexual activity as vajikarana dravyas and may include herbs, ornaments, gold, silver, pearls, precious stones etc. Vajikarana dravyas include the following:
Semen enhancing like milk, ghee, gokshura, shatavari, yashtimadhu etc. Semen purifying like kushtha, sugar cane, bayberry etc. Promoting fertilization capacity in semen like brahmi, shatavari, katuka, guduchi etc. Libido increasing like akarakarabha, saffron, clove, garlic, pippali etc. Premature ejaculation preventing like nutmeg, ashwagandha, chandan, jatamansi etc.
Benefits of vajikarana therapy:
Increases the time span of erections. Cure erectile dysfunction. Prevents premature ejaculation. Stimulates man for sexual acts to satisfy females without getting tire. Transforms lean and impotent men into powerful and vigorous. Facilitates in procreation of healthy off springs. Increases sexual energy and strength like a horse. Increases will power, intellect and memory in addition to promoting a healthy body.