Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. TanviYour feedback matters!
When I eat some hard object then blood comes out from teeth. It is pyria or something else. What can I do? Suggest some medicines.
Sir I have pain in my tuth and holl also in my tuth and my mouth smell very badly so give me solutions sir please I want to remove this smell and pain so give me solutions this.
The bottom portion of my teeth gets broken while playing. I go to doctor for check up. And he tells the teeth should be taken up. But I do not want this. Is there any other solution?
I am suffering from sleeplessness and aggression in morning time. Fast angry mood. Some time it is out of control. If I drink whisky than I feel good for some time. But I don't drink whisky regularly, Because I feel my mouth and nose dry after drinking whisky. I am very upset due to this. What to do.
My father has suddenly started suffering from this new problem. The entire left side of his face is paining. The excruciating pain starts from left side of lower jaw and he also has this headache. There is no history of migraine. We tried steam but not helping much. The pain starts suddenly and then goes later after some time. It happens mostly in afternoon and at night. Please advise and help. We are going on a tour in the north soon where there will be subzero temperatures. father s age is 56.
I am 52 year old man. From 2 days I have pain in right mendibal bone and pain in chewing and eating. Pl guide me that how this pain create and what I have to do?
Sir, I am 23 year old male. My one of upper front teeth is moved just 90' in childhood. It is very embracing me. Can I change this permanently. Will it be helpful. Please.
Sir I take tobocco for last 4 year. Sir I am suffering from locked jaws mujhe koi gharelu upay batey jisse yeh thik ho jaye.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.