Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. TanejaYour feedback matters!
I'm 24 year old. I have white patches on face in last one week I don't know how did happened I really upset about my life. Please help me what can I do?
He has itch in anal and pubic area for more than 27 months, there is swelling at the anal opening, stretch marks on sides of the scrotum on thighs where skin becomes very thin and red also. Already tried allopathy and ayurvedic treatments in past. Each time itching reduces during medicine course but starts again after medicine is discontinued. Now he is taking homeopathic medicine for past 4 months. Though there is some relief in the pubic region but no improvement in the anal area. The difference between itching areas is that the pubic area becomes dry while the anal area becomes moist. Please suggest some remedy.
Christmas & new year offers - skin whitening treatment
Visit our clinic & avail festive special offers with free consultation!
For details http://bit. Ly/2hzfg8m or call on +919555122 122
Skin whitening is the practice of using substances, mixtures, or physical treatments to lighten skin color. Skin whitening treatments work by reducing the content of melanin of the skin. Many agents have been shown to be effective in skin whitening.
Specific zones of abnormally high pigmentation such as lentigo spots, moles and birthmarks may be de-pigmented to match to the surrounding skin. In cases of vitiligo, unaffected skin may be lightened to achieve a more uniform appearance.
Discovery and design
Melanogenesis inhibitors have been discovered and developed through several methods, including: screening of synthetic chemical libraries (high-throughput screening is occasionally used), screening of plant extracts, computational (in silico) search, found as a side effect of previously known drugs and exploration of structural analogues of previously known tyrosinase inhibitors based on knowledge (in varying degrees) of their structure-activity relationship. Thus, the development and discovery of melanogenesis inhibitors illustrates many of the methods used in drug design. Some of the most potent competitive reversible tyrosinase inhibitors are synthetic compounds with a potency hundreds of times that of kojic acid.
Mechanisms of action
Melanin is the main substance responsible for the color of the skin. Melanin is class of dark polymers generated by the body through the process of melanogenesis. Among the melanin pigmenting the skin and hair, 2 types can be distinguished based on its chemical composition and biological route of synthesis: the black/brown eumelanin and the red/yellow pheomelanin. The variation of skin color among individuals is mostly because of variation of the content of melanin in the skin. Skin with little or no melanin is almost white. Other factors influence skin color in a lesser degree, including the amount of blood in blood vessels (because of the color of blood), skin thickness and content of carotenoids in skin.
Melanin in synthesized in melanosomes which are organelles produced in melanocytes. Melanocytes are cells dedicated to this function that are present in the skin, hair follicles, and other structures of the body. The synthesis of melanin (also called" melanogenesis" and" melanization") involves a chain of enzyme-catalyzed chemical reactions and non-enzyme-catalyzed reactions. The main precursor to melanin is l-tyrosine. The first step of melanogenesis is the conversion of l-tyrosine to l-dopa; this is the first and rate-limiting step and is catalized by the enzyme tyrosinase. Other enzymes involved in the synthesis include tyrosinase-related protein 1 (trp1) and tyrosinase-related protein 2 (trp2); trp2 is also known as" dopachorome tautomerase" (dct). L-tyrosine is taken by the melanocytes from the intercellular medium, then transported to the melanosomes. L-tyrosine is also synthesized within the melanocytes from l-phenylalanine by the enzyme phenylalanine-hydroxylas (pah)
Melanosomes are transferred to keratinocytes (the most abundant cell type in the skin). Most of the melanin of skin is found in keratinocytes. Additionally, melanocytes interact with keratinocytes through chemical signaling.
I'm having problems on my face, its kind of pimple. In every 5 days blood clotted on my face and pop-up look like dark red on my face. It's so ugly, its kind of summer on my face. Plzz, suggest me how to deal with this?
1) Cleanse - Cleansing and moisturizing is equally important to restore the softness of the skin that is at the risk of getting lost because of pollution etc.
2) Exfoliate - It is crucial to remove dead skins and assist in improving blood circulation on the face, specially during summers. The most common and effective way to exfoliate is by using a pack made at home by mixing besan, milk, rose water and haldi, mixing into a paste and apply. Wash off after it?s dry.
3) Wash - Make sure you wash you face at least twice a day, once before stepping out of home and once after you are home.
4) Hydrate - Drink water! Yes, the more water that goes into your system, the better your skin will look from outside. In summers, our bodies lose a lot of moisture which dries our skin. Staying hydrated ensures that the skin is happy.
5) Tone - You go outdoors during summer and almost instantly all the pollution particles start settling on your face. This is why toning is very important. Toning also cools your skin.
6) Use Sun Protection. Try staying indoors as much as possible, specially during the afternoon hours. Apply sunscreen, wear sunglasses and cover your skin with clothes or hats. Use water based moisturizers.
7) Ditch Aerated Drinks - Avoid consuming aerated drinks as much as possible. To quench your thirst, plain water is the best solution. If it is flavor that you wish, then drink detox or flavoured water.
8) Cool - Cucumber, watermelon, papaya, curd are good for your skin. They also cool your skin.