Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Taneja
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. TanejaYour feedback matters!
I find fresh blood on my anus after passing stool. No burning, no pain. No evidence of injury. This continues for 2/3 days and stops automatically. Repeat once in six months.
My brother want his skin shiny and glow .how he will glow his skin in few days. What type of food he should eat for shiny skin?
Sensitive skin is less tolerant to frequent and prolonged use of cosmetics and toiletries. It is self-diagnosed and typically unaccompanied by any obvious physical signs of irritation.
WHAT CAUSES SENSITIVITY?
With the change in lifestyle and also with increased opportunity to use many new brands of cosmetics and toiletries, there has been an increase in females complaining of unique sensation in their facial skin.
PROBLEMS CAUSED BY SENSITIVE SKIN?
Subjective perceptions (stinging, burning, pruritus, and tightness) of sensitive skin are noticed immediately following cosmetic product application or delayed by minutes, hours, or days,especially on face skin.
WHO IS AT RISK FOR DEVELOPING SENSITIVE SKIN?
The condition is found in more than 50% of women and 40% of men, creating a sizable demand for products designed to minimize skin sensitivity.
Commonly affects females, young adults aged between 18 and 50 years, hormonal differences in women producing increased inflammatory sensitivity, cultural habits in developed countries, and environmental factors like winter, stress, and atopic dermatitis are thought to promote sensitive skin
HOW TO DIAGNOSE SENSITIVE SKIN?
It is self-diagnosed and typically unaccompanied by any obvious physical signs of irritation.Good numbers of invasive and non-invasive tests are designed to evaluate and predict the sensitive skin.
WHAT IS THE SOLUTION FOR SENSITIVE SKIN?
Management includes guidelines for selecting suitable cosmetics and toiletries in sensitive skin individuals.
Certain "do's" while selecting the cosmetic for sensitive skin are the following:
*Powder cosmetics preferred
*Use cosmetics which are easily removable by water
*Always use fresh cosmetics
*Use black-colored eyeliner and mascara
*Select pencil form of eyeliner and eyebrow cosmetics
*Select light earth tone eye shadows
*Select physical sunscreen agent
*Purchase cosmetics products with less than 10 ingredients
*No nail polishes
*Use powder/cream formulations of facial foundations.
Myth 1: HYPOALLERGENIC MEANS NON-IRRITATING
Truth: It doesn't necessarily mean gentle or free of allergens. There are no set standards for this term. You need to know what you're allergic to and look for it on the label.
Myth 2: SENSITIVE SKIN TYPES CANT EXFOLIATE
Truth: Yes, rosacea and allergic types should skip it—those dead skin cells act as a protective barrier to block irritants. But acne-prone skin needs exfoliation to keep pores clear.
Myth 3: RETINOIDS ARE OFF-LIMITS
Truth: Anyone can use a retinol. Just lessen its harsh effects by layering it over a moisturizer so absorbs less into your skin.
I have dark circles from one month and it can't be removed after eating fruits and vegetables. What to do now?
My dad have anal fistula problem what swill be the basic remedies which we can apply at home? What should he eat?
Contact Dermatitis and Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis may be caused due to a variety of reasons. While contact dermatitis is a less severe condition that is caused when irritants escape from dirt and pollution to settle on the skin, Eczema refers to the inflammation of the skin due to allergic reactions or a family history of a similar condition. Contact dermatitis is usually characterised by sores and redness, while contact dermatitis will show up in the form of boil like eruptions. Homeopathy is one of the best, long term methods for treatment of this condition.
Let us see how this medicinal field can be used:
- Graphites: This medication helps in soothing the oozing that may happen from the boils found in eczema. This is also ideal for eczema patients who are obese or suffering from constipation. It is best suited for skin that has become hard and rough. It can cure the sticky discharge that may come from the pus filled boils. It can also be used for dermatitis, which can be seen in the folds of the skin and the abdomen.
- Mezereum: This medicine helps when there is a crust like formation due to dermatitis. The substance can also soothe the acute itching sensation, which takes place when there is pus filled below the dark layer of the crust. This itching usually gets worse at night.
- Hepar sulphur: This medicine is best for severe cases when there is too much pus involved and about to burst out. It can also treat the deep cracks that may be found on the surface of the skin as well as the acute and intense itching sensation. Also, such severe cases leave the skin feeling sensitive to the slightest breeze or wind, in which case Hepar Sulphur can work well.
- Dulcamara: This medicine is best suited for patients, who live in places where it rains often and heavily. Dermatitis usually increases and becomes even more painful during monsoons and this medicine can help in bringing down the itching which may also cause bleeding on the yellow black crusts.
- Sulphur: When a burning sensation is one of the symptoms of dermatitis, Sulphur can be used. This is also prescribed for other skin ailments and for those who have a hereditary skin condition. This can also be used by patients who have had a relapse in their condition due to damp or cool weather, especially like monsoons, springtime or autumn. It also helps in soothing the symptoms of contact dermatitis which may occur due to contact with new detergent and clothing as well as pollution. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.